|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the appearance of the "real" world in the beginning of Chapter 29?
(a) "The sun shone across the cool wheat fields."
(b) "A haze of smoke gathered over everything and would not let up."
(c) "There were rainbows dancing in the moonlight."
(d) "A thick film of neglect still covered everything in sight."
2. What clue is printed on the surface of the Jade Key?
(a) "East is west and west is east."
(b) "Step toward the water and run toward the gate."
(c) "Continue your quest by taking the test."
(d) "Who would cross the gates of time?"
3. What late-80s TV show about a teenage hacker does the narrator describe in Chapter 18?
(a) "Mork & Mindy."
(c) "Family Ties."
(d) "Whiz Kids."
4. What avatar was first to set foot inside Castle Anorak since Halliday's death?
5. On what video game system must Wade play the game after crossing the gate in Chapter 37?
(a) Neo Geo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aech's score on the Scoreboard in Chapter 21?
2. What is the name of Sorrento's robot in Chapter 34?
3. What position is Wade given in the indentured servant program in Chapter 29?
4. "Harry Swanson" is an alias used by what character in Big Trouble in Little China?
5. What is the age that appears for Wade's alias when his retina is scanned in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wade do when he logs onto OASIS in Chapter 34?
2. Describe Wade’s interactions with his competitors in Chapter 22. With whom does Wade communicate?
3. What leads Wade to re-devote himself to the hunt in Chapter 20?
4. What does Og relate to Wade regarding his falling out with Halliday in Chapter 33?
5. How does Wade reach the gate in Chapter 36? What announcement does he make on his television channel?
6. What are Wade’s actions, objectives, and obstacles in the conflict with Sorrento in Chapter 34?
7. How does Wade ultimately overcome Sorrento in Chapter 34?
8. What does Sorrento do when Wade arrives at the castle in Chapter 34?
9. Where does Wade meet his friends in Chapter 32? What plan do they form?
10. What happens after Wade, Art3mis, and Aech “die” in Chapter 36?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)