|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did James Halliday spend in self-imposed isolation prior to his death, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
2. What Australian band had a 1987 hit titled "Beds Are Burning"?
(b) Duran Duran.
(c) Midnight Oil.
(d) The Smiths.
3. Who created the video game "Joust"?
(a) IOI Electronics.
(b) Okowi Electronics.
(c) Battlefield Electronics.
(d) Williams Electronics.
4. What old television show does Wade describe as his most-watched from Halliday's favorites in Chapter 1?
(a) "The Newhart Show."
(b) "Family Ties."
(d) "Mork & Mindy."
5. On what street did James Halliday grow up?
(a) Cleveland Avenue.
(b) Wilson Avenue.
(c) Willow Street.
(d) Barker Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aech's score in the beginning of Chapter 13 after attaining the Bronze Key?
2. Until what grade did Wade attend school in the real world?
3. Where does the narrator say he lives in end of the Prologue?
4. What is the "Student ID" name that Wade is assigned at school?
5. How many people live in Wade's aunt's trailer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Wade make during class in Chapter 7?
2. How is an “egg” defined in Ready Player One?
3. What conflict is presented in the Prologue to Ready Player One?
4. What is ironic about the location of the Tomb of Horrors?
5. Who from IOI has contacted Wade in Chapter 13? Why?
6. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 15? How does he respond?
7. What does Wade encounter in the Tomb of Horrors?
8. Why does Wade warn his friends about in Chapter 15?
9. What discovery does Wade make regarding Art3mis in Chapter 9?
10. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 12?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)