|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the IOI" refer to in Ready Player One?
(a) Impressive Online Industries.
(b) Innovative Online Industries.
(c) Intelligent Online Industries.
(d) Information Online Industries.
2. What is the title of the opening old song on James Halliday's video release at his death?
(a) "Billie Jean."
(b) "Every Breath You Take."
(c) "Eye of the Tiger."
(d) "Dead Man's Party."
3. What is James Halliday's middle name?
4. Who appears in the fourth slot on Halliday's Score Board in Chapter 13?
5. What is Art3mis's score after defeating the "Joust" game in OASIS?
6. How did Wade's father die?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He suffered a massive stroke.
(d) He was in a plane crash.
7. Who is the "middle-aged intellectual expert" that Wade watches explaining the scores on the news in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) James Halliday.
(b) Edgar Nash.
(c) Mark Anderson.
(d) Richard Wilson.
8. How much money does IOI offer Wade in exchange for a walkthrough up to the First Gate in Chapter 14?
(a) $60 million.
(b) $8 milliion.
(c) $2 million.
(d) $5 million.
9. What does Wade's credit counter change to after he's deposited the coins found in the Chapel of Evil in Chapter 8?
(a) Over 20,000.
(b) About 4,000.
(c) About 10,000.
(d) Over 50,000.
10. Who was Ogden Morrow's high school sweetheart?
(a) Marsha Wilson.
(b) Colette Anderson.
(c) Sarah Richards.
(d) Kira Underwood.
11. How old was James Halliday when he died?
12. Who is Wade's Latin teacher in school?
(a) Mr. Lidet.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mrs. Rank.
13. What video game does Wade play on Halliday's TRS-80 computer in Chapter 10?
(a) "The Goonies."
(c) "Dungeons of Daggorath."
14. On what street did James Halliday grow up?
(a) Cleveland Avenue.
(b) Wilson Avenue.
(c) Barker Street.
(d) Willow Street.
15. What creatures are used in the joust between Wade and Aceraerak in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood where Wade lives with his aunt?
2. What Australian band had a 1987 hit titled "Beds Are Burning"?
3. What is the reference to TARDIS alluding to in Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the company that James Halliday created and controlled during his lifetime?
5. What term is used from Dungeons & Dragons lingo to refer to "an undead creature, usually and incredibly powerful wizard or king who had employed dark magic to bind his intellect to his own reanimated corpse" in the novel?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)