|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of the same email have IOI sent to Wade in Chapter 13?
(a) Over 5,000.
(b) Over 10,000.
(c) About 2,000.
(d) Over 20,000.
2. What is the name of Wade's aunt with whom he lives?
3. Who is the "middle-aged intellectual expert" that Wade watches explaining the scores on the news in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Richard Wilson.
(b) Mark Anderson.
(c) Edgar Nash.
(d) James Halliday.
4. How many people live in Wade's aunt's trailer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. On what date was Wade born?
(a) July 7, 2077.
(b) September 8, 2029.
(c) March 12, 2035.
(d) August 12, 2024.
6. How old was Wade when his mother died?
7. What reward does Wade attain for beating his opponent at "Joust" in Chapter 8?
(a) The Copper Key.
(b) The Silver Key.
(c) The Crystal Key.
(d) The Jade Key.
8. Where is Aech when he calls Wade in the morning in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) At school.
(b) In his parents' basement.
(c) Outside of the Tomb of Horrors.
(d) At the Castle of Anorak.
9. What are the four giggest gunter clans that offer invitation to Wade to join them in Chapter 13?
(a) The Greenies, the Masters of Marvel, Clan of Tomorrow, and Team Sixers.
(b) The Oviraptors, Clan Destiny, the Key Masters, and Team Banzai.
(c) The Adriatics, the Clan of Determination, Clan Willing, and Team Rockstar.
(d) Team White, Team Blue, the Gunter Clan, and the Dungeon Masters.
10. What is the title of the short film that Halliday released as a video message upon his death?
(a) "Anorak's Invitation."
(d) "Anorak's Almanac."
11. What kind of armor does Wade discover and add to his inventory in the Tomb of Horrors in Chapter 8?
(a) A suit of +3 Full Plate Armor.
(b) A suit of +5 Magical Armor.
(c) A Cape of Dungeons Armor.
(d) A suit of stainless steel armor.
12. When did James Halliday appear on the cover of Time magazine, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
13. What is the name of the company that James Halliday created and controlled during his lifetime?
(a) Intelligent Designs Systems.
(b) Lost Coast Systems.
(d) Gregarious Simulation Systems.
14. Who was the gunter and MIT freshman that described his discovery of the notched letters in Anorak's Almanac with the media?
(a) Steven Pendergast.
(b) Andrew Williamson.
(c) Warren Robinett.
(d) James Wilson.
15. Where does Wade buy a bus ticket to in Chapter 16?
(a) Roseville, Oregon.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ogden Morrow announce he was leaving his position at GSS?
2. What is the title of the opening old song on James Halliday's video release at his death?
3. Who was Ogden Morrow's high school sweetheart?
4. What term is used from Dungeons & Dragons lingo to refer to "an undead creature, usually and incredibly powerful wizard or king who had employed dark magic to bind his intellect to his own reanimated corpse" in the novel?
5. What old television show does Wade describe as his most-watched from Halliday's favorites in Chapter 1?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)