|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wade define a "poem with four lines of text and an alternate-line rhyme scheme" in Chapter 13?
2. What is the maximum speed that Wade's avatar can run?
(a) 3 kilometers per hour.
(b) 7 kilometers per hour.
(c) 5 kilometers per hour.
(d) 9 kilometers per hour.
3. What is the reference to TARDIS alluding to in Chapter 7?
(a) "Dr. Who."
(c) "Family Ties."
(d) "The Tempest."
4. What is Art3mis's level in OASIS in Chapter 9?
(a) 10th Level Warrior.
(b) 52nd Level Warrior/Mage.
(c) 79th Level Warrior/Mage.
(d) 5th Level Warrior/Mage.
5. How many years did James Halliday spend in self-imposed isolation prior to his death, according to the narrator in the Prologue?
6. Who announces to Wade and his friends that the Sixers have already located the entrance to the Tomb of Horrors in Chapter 15?
7. Until what grade did Wade attend school in the real world?
(a) Until 6th grade.
(b) Until 7th grade.
(c) Until 10th grade.
(d) Until 8th grade.
8. How far is the hill that indicates the Tomb of Horrors from Wade's school?
(a) Over 900 kilometers away.
(b) Under 20 kilometers away.
(c) About 200 kilometers away.
(d) Over 400 kilometers away.
9. Who is Wade's Latin teacher in school?
(a) Mrs. Rank.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mr. Lidet.
10. What is the name of Wade's aunt with whom he lives?
11. What does Wade avoid at the end of the second corridor in the Tomb of Horrors in Chapter 8?
(a) The Pit of Despair.
(b) The Crypt of the Morgatron.
(c) The Boots of Sorrow.
(d) The Sphere of Annihilation.
12. What is the title of the short film that Halliday released as a video message upon his death?
(a) "Anorak's Almanac."
(d) "Anorak's Invitation."
13. How did Wade's mother die?
(a) She died from a drug overdose.
(b) She was in a plane crash.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was in a car accident.
14. How does Wade get access to the area where the cave indicating the Tomb of Horrors is in Chapter 7?
(a) He steals a teleportation voucher from school.
(b) He drives a car.
(c) He collects a free teleportation voucher from school.
(d) He asks his parents for a teleportation voucher.
15. Who is the "middle-aged intellectual expert" that Wade watches explaining the scores on the news in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) James Halliday.
(b) Richard Wilson.
(c) Mark Anderson.
(d) Edgar Nash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wade's aunt's boyfriend in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the first of the authors described in the "entire recommended gunter reading list" described by Wade in Chapter 6?
3. What historical decade was James Halliday obsessed with during his life?
4. When did Ogden Morrow announce he was leaving his position at GSS?
5. What is described in Chapter 16 as the "highly exclusive illegal data-auction site" in OASIS?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)