|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Nafisi's children when Chapter 19 begins?
(c) At a restaurant.
2. Why did Nabokov say that every great novel is a fairy tale?
(a) Because all good novelists begin to write after reading fairy tales.
(b) All novels are stories with imaginary characters like fairy tales.
(c) Fairy tales and novels both demonstrate the beauty of the natural world.
(d) Even though fairy tales have monsters, good ultimately wins over evil.
3. What does Nafisi see reflected in the mirror?
(a) Her students.
(b) A hospital.
(c) Her husband.
4. Who is Negar?
(a) Nafisi's mother.
(b) One of Nafisi's students.
(c) Nafisi's sister.
(d) Nafisi's daughter.
5. Why does Professor R. continue to participate in vigils at the University of Tehran after he resigns from his position?
(a) He is angry with the university's decision to change the curriculum, and wants to punish the leaders for their decision.
(b) He wants his students to see him as a political figure and an inspiration for their own political choices.
(c) He wants his students to know he did not leave because he was afraid the government would persecute him.
(d) He believes that the university needed to know how strongly he felt about his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nassrin's mother's teaching symbolize?
2. Where does Nafisi write her class notes?
3. How does Nafisi describe her memories?
4. What happens to the class after they read "Madame Bovary"?
5. What is Nafisi doing at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)