|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12 - 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nafisi share with her male acquaintance in Chapter 16?
(a) An ice cream cone.
(b) A car ride.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A ham sandwich.
2. Why do Ministry of Education officials ask the faculty at Nafisi's school if they thought they were in Switzerland?
(a) Because the University of Tehran is the most liberal campus in Iran, and Switzerland is the byword for Western lax and decadent behavior.
(b) Because Switzerland is the model for the type of government the Ministry of Education is trying to establish.
(c) Because the officials believe the University of Tehran is too conservative and should be more like schools in Switzerland.
(d) Because Switzerland has schools with conservative values just like the conservative values of the University of Tehran.
3. Why does the professor ask Nima if his wife brainwashed him?
(a) Because Nima always relied on his wife to answer questions.
(b) Because the professor believed Nima's wife was a better student.
(c) Because Nima and his wife both voted against the professor's views.
(d) Because the professor valued the opinions of women more than the opinions of men.
4. What is the first assignment for the students in the study group?
(a) To create a secret language using invented words.
(b) To remember what Nafisi taught in her university classes.
(c) To analyze the types of women found in a piece of literature.
(d) To relax and enjoy reading.
5. Who is Mr. Bahir?
(a) One of Nafisi's students.
(b) The owner of her favorite bookstore.
(c) The department chair of the Language Department at the University of Tehran.
(d) A man executed for charges of being too Westernized.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what question does Mitra ask about "Lolita"?
2. Where is Nafisi's apartment located?
3. What is the main point of Chapter 12?
4. According to Nafisi, how is the character of Lolita like Nafisi's students?
5. Where are Nafisi's children when Chapter 19 begins?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)