|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy go to university?
2. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
3. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
4. From whom does the boy's mother warn him to stay away in Chapter 6?
5. How does the boy's father die?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters in the novel would be considered guides for the boy narrator? What do they teach him? Are they positive or negative mentors?
Essay Topic 2
If you were the boy narrator, would you have kept the information you found out about Eddie's death a secret? The boy narrator does not reveal to his mother what he knows; would you have done the same? What might have changed if the boy had told his mother what he knew?
Essay Topic 3
Good vs. evil is an important theme in the novel. Show how three characters made the wrong decision in regards to Eddie's death and explain what they should have done differently.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)