Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to the boy's father right before he retires?
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
4. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
5. What is Claire's last expression?
Essay Topic 1
Foreshadowing is used multiple times in the novel. Cite three examples and show how they are used to indicate events that will happen later in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Who do you think is ultimately responsible for Eddie's death?
1. Is it the hand that pulls the trigger or the hand that orchestrates it to happen?
2. Are multiple people to blame?
3. Is one person more guilty than another?
Essay Topic 3
As the novel progresses, the mystery of Eddie's disappearance is pieced together by the boy narrator.
1. What does the boy learn about his family because of the family secret?
2. How has the boy's relationship with his parents changed as the secret has been revealed?
3. How has the boy's determination to find out the secret changed as the secret slowly becomes revealed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)