|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
2. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
3. To whom does the baby sock belong?
4. When does the boy's mother find out the truth about Eddie?
5. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
Essay Topic 1
How might the story progress differently if told through the voice of another character? How does the young boy add to the story's mystery? What might we know differently if one of his parents narrated the story instead?
Essay Topic 2
Does the boy narrator experience any form of catharsis in the novel? If so, what level of catharsis does he attain? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Aunt Katie and the boy's mother.
1.) Why does the boy's mother react negatively toward Katie?
2.) Compare and contrast the women's behavior toward the boy narrator.
3.) Ultimately, they both experience the loss of the same man. How does it affect each of them?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)