|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Sing him some songs.
(b) Tell him about Eddie.
(c) Walk him to the library.
(d) Show him the way to the park.
2. Where does the boy go to university?
3. Who does Larry meet on his way home from Grianan?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) The boy's grandfather.
(c) Sergeant Burke.
(d) The devil-woman.
4. Who teaches the boy about sex?
(a) Father Nugent.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
(a) That Meave's husband will leave her just like Katie's husband left her.
(b) That Meave will stop talking to Katie soon.
(c) That Tony really loved Katie's sister instead.
(d) That Meave's husband would soon cheat on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
2. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
3. How does Jimmy die?
4. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
5. Who is the man who always carried a baby sock in his small brown case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the boy's evening with Irene prove to be a disappointment?
2. What does the boy believe about his loyalties to his parents as he sets off to college?
3. What happens to Jimmy and Claire?
4. Describe the relationship between Tony, Katie, and the boy's mother.
5. Why is Crazy Joe such a valuable character to the story of Eddie's disappearance and death?
6. What is the boy punished for by the Dean and what is his punishment?
7. What scripture passages does the boy enjoy reading, but why do they trouble him?
8. Why does Katie's family refuse to attend Meave's wedding?
9. Why does Sergeant Burke say he beat up Frank and why does he apologize for it?
10. Why does the boy's mother turn hostile toward him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)