|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
(a) The ones about good and evil.
(b) The prophecies of revelation.
(c) The gospel parables.
(d) The law of the Old Testament.
2. Where does the boy go to university?
3. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
4. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The details of Eddie's death.
(b) An essay for school.
(c) The story of Brigid.
(d) An apology letter.
5. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
(a) It is ruining her teeth.
(b) It tastes disgusting.
(c) She doesn't think it is working.
(d) She claims the medicine is a placebo.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man with the baby sock said he would stop traveling on the bus after what happens?
2. When do the boy's parents marry?
3. Why does the boy's father threaten Crazy Joe in Chapter 6?
4. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
5. Who was Jimmy in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scripture passages does the boy enjoy reading, but why do they trouble him?
2. What happens to Jimmy and Claire?
3. Why does the boy's mother turn hostile toward him in Chapter 6?
4. How is the boy's mother's interpretation of the story of Sean and the baby sock a reflection on her own relationship with Tony McIlhenny and her role in Eddie's murder?
5. What does Crazy Joe know about the mystery surrounding Eddie's death?
6. What causes the boy to realize his mother doesn't care what he reveals to anyone?
7. Why does Katie's family refuse to attend Meave's wedding?
8. Why does the boy narrator find it important to his relationship with his mother that he keep her secret?
9. How does the boy conclude that it was his mother who tipped off McIlhenny?
10. What does Sergeant Burke reveal about Eddie's death and Tony's involvement?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)