|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
(a) She was involved in Eddie's death.
(b) She had been in love with someone other than his father.
(c) He doesn't trust his mother.
(d) She is faking her depression.
2. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
(a) His family is gone.
(b) Nobody remembers who he is.
(c) His house has burned down.
(d) His wife living with another man.
3. Who also visits the boy's parents as he is there in Chapter 6?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(c) The dead soldier's father.
(d) Sergeant Burke.
4. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
(a) That Meave's husband will leave her just like Katie's husband left her.
(b) That Meave's husband would soon cheat on her.
(c) That Meave will stop talking to Katie soon.
(d) That Tony really loved Katie's sister instead.
5. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The story of Brigid.
(b) The details of Eddie's death.
(c) An essay for school.
(d) An apology letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
2. By the end of Chapter 6, how many of the boy's parents' children live at home?
3. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
4. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
5. The boy's mother's depression causes her to do what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)