|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
2. What advice does Crazy Joe give the boy in Chapter 6?
(a) Talk to his mother about Eddie.
(b) Read books.
(c) Chase girls.
(d) Plant a garden.
3. In what language does the boy write the final copy?
4. The man with the baby sock said he would stop traveling on the bus after what happens?
(a) After he finds the other sock.
(b) After he finds the owner of the sock.
(c) After he runs out of bus money.
(d) After he reaches his destination.
5. What happens two days before the boy visits his parents in Chapter 6?
(a) A soldier is shot dead on their doorstep.
(b) The story of Eddie's death becomes public.
(c) The town gets snowed in.
(d) His mother dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his mother's response when the boy asks her what she wants for her birthday?
2. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
3. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
4. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
5. Who is the man who always carried a baby sock in his small brown case?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)