|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
(a) She destroys it.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She puts it in a vase in the window.
2. What happens to the boy's father right before he retires?
(a) He reveals everything about Eddie's death.
(b) He suffers a heart attack.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes missing.
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(d) New York.
4. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
(a) She had been in love with someone other than his father.
(b) He doesn't trust his mother.
(c) She is faking her depression.
(d) She was involved in Eddie's death.
5. What is Claire's last expression?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day the boy earns his degree from university, when does he arrive home to tell the family?
2. At the very end of the book, what does the narrator think he hears as he is going down the stairs?
3. Who is Danno Bredin?
4. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
5. Why does the boy's father threaten Crazy Joe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)