|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who also visits the boy's parents as he is there in Chapter 6?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(c) Sergeant Burke.
(d) The dead soldier's father.
2. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) A clergyman at the church.
(b) Grenaghan's grandfather.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) One of the boy's uncles.
3. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
(a) He had evidence that Frank was involved in Eddie's death.
(b) He thought Frank was guilty at the time.
(c) To keep Frank out of jail.
4. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
(a) Larry shot him.
(b) Eddie was swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Eddie starved to death.
(d) His grandfather shot him.
5. Where does the boy go to university?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
2. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
3. The boy's mother's depression causes her to do what?
4. The man with the baby sock said he would stop traveling on the bus after what happens?
5. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy and Claire?
2. What is Sergeant Burke's purpose for going to the boy's mother and revealing all that he knows of Eddie's death?
3. How is the boy's mother's interpretation of the story of Sean and the baby sock a reflection on her own relationship with Tony McIlhenny and her role in Eddie's murder?
4. What does Crazy Joe know about the mystery surrounding Eddie's death?
5. Why doesn't the boy reveal to his parents what he knows of Eddie's death?
6. What does Sergeant Burke reveal about Eddie's death and Tony's involvement?
7. Why does Sergeant Burke say he beat up Frank and why does he apologize for it?
8. How does the boy conclude that it was his mother who tipped off McIlhenny?
9. Who is Danno Bredin?
10. Why is the boy again upset with his mother at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)