|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy do before he is found dead?
(a) He visits the doctor.
(b) He hides the gun.
(c) He curses at the window of the room where Danno had lived.
(d) He kills Claire.
2. What event is introduced at the local community hall?
(a) Social evenings with music.
(b) Job fairs.
(c) Textiles classes.
(d) Dinner gatherings.
3. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
(a) She goes blind.
(b) She loses the ability to speak.
(c) She loses a limb.
(d) She loses her hearing.
4. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(a) New York.
5. Who is Charlie McCabe?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A local Protestant police officer.
(c) A local post office inspector.
(d) An informer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
2. How does the boy's father die?
3. When do the boy's parents marry?
4. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
5. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jimmy and Claire?
2. Why doesn't the boy reveal to his parents what he knows of Eddie's death?
3. What does Father Nugent talk to the boy narrator about and why does it make him uncomfortable?
4. Who is Danno Bredin?
5. Why does Sergeant Burke say he beat up Frank and why does he apologize for it?
6. In what ways are the problems of Northern Ireland just beginning as the problems the boy faces are now ending?
7. What is Sergeant Burke's purpose for going to the boy's mother and revealing all that he knows of Eddie's death?
8. Why is the boy again upset with his mother at the end of Chapter 5?
9. What causes the boy to realize his mother doesn't care what he reveals to anyone?
10. Why is Crazy Joe such a valuable character to the story of Eddie's disappearance and death?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)