|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
(a) Eddie starved to death.
(b) Eddie was swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Larry shot him.
(d) His grandfather shot him.
2. Who also visits the boy's parents as he is there in Chapter 6?
(a) Sergeant Burke.
(b) The dead soldier's father.
(c) Crazy Joe.
3. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
(a) Disobeying your parents.
(b) Hating your brother.
(d) Sex without love.
4. What does Jimmy do before he is found dead?
(a) He kills Claire.
(b) He visits the doctor.
(c) He hides the gun.
(d) He curses at the window of the room where Danno had lived.
5. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
(a) She destroys it.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She puts it in a vase in the window.
6. Which two groups does the boy's mother find out were collaborating together?
(a) The police and the boy's uncles.
(b) The boy's uncles and the priests.
(c) The police and the priests.
(d) The priests and the IRA.
7. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
8. Who told the boy the story of the man with the baby sock?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Crazy Joe.
9. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Show him the way to the park.
(b) Walk him to the library.
(c) Sing him some songs.
(d) Tell him about Eddie.
10. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The English version.
(b) The miscopied version.
(c) The final version.
(d) The Irish version.
11. According to Chapter 6, what was Tony's job before he disappeared?
(a) Train operator.
(b) Police inspector.
(c) Coal mine worker.
(d) Bus conductor.
12. How does the boy's father die?
(b) An aneurysm.
(c) An accident.
(d) A second heart attack.
13. By the end of Chapter 6, how many of the boy's parents' children live at home?
14. Where is Eddie interrogated?
(a) At the Donegal farmhouse.
(b) Behind the house.
(c) At the distillery.
(d) In the shed.
15. Why does the boy's father threaten Crazy Joe in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he was giving the boy bad advice.
(b) Because he laid a hand on the boy's knee.
(c) Because he was mean to the boy.
(d) Because he was trying to steal from the boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
2. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
3. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
4. What information does Katie have over her sister?
5. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)