|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the boy earns his degree from university, when does he arrive home to tell the family?
(b) On time.
(c) He didn't get the chance to tell them.
2. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The English version.
(b) The Irish version.
(c) The miscopied version.
(d) The final version.
3. What advice does Crazy Joe give the boy in Chapter 6?
(a) Plant a garden.
(b) Talk to his mother about Eddie.
(c) Read books.
(d) Chase girls.
4. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A clergyman at the church.
(c) One of the boy's uncles.
(d) Grenaghan's grandfather.
5. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
6. In what language does the boy write the final copy?
7. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The story of Brigid.
(b) An apology letter.
(c) The details of Eddie's death.
(d) An essay for school.
8. What happens to the boy after he takes the girl to the cinema?
(a) He asks her to be his girlfriend.
(b) His parents see him kiss her goodnight.
(c) He gets hit after being set up by the girl.
(d) He gives her flowers.
9. Why is the boy punished in 1954 by the Dean?
(a) Not doing his homework.
(b) Skipping the retreat.
(c) Cheating on the test.
(d) Badmouthing the teacher.
10. What is Claire's last expression?
11. Who is Danno Bredin?
(a) Young man in the navy.
(b) Jimmy's brother.
(c) The boy's friend.
(d) Claire's father.
12. What is the moral of the story about the man with the baby sock?
(a) People will only find what they're looking for if they stop searching.
(b) People in small places make big mistakes.
(c) People can't move on if they don't let go.
(d) People won't find anything if they keep their eyes closed for too long.
13. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(b) For beating up Frank.
(c) For killing Eddie.
(d) For cheating on his wife.
14. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
(b) Larry does not speak anymore.
(c) The records of his death were burned.
(d) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
15. Where does the boy go with Moran in Chapter 4?
(a) The circus.
(b) The boy's house.
(c) The distillery.
(d) A football match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie McCabe frequent?
2. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
3. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
4. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
5. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)