Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
(a) She destroys it.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She puts it in a vase in the window.
2. What happens to the boy's father right before he retires?
(a) He reveals everything about Eddie's death.
(b) He suffers a heart attack.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes missing.
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(d) New York.
4. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
(a) She had been in love with someone other than his father.
(b) He doesn't trust his mother.
(c) She is faking her depression.
(d) She was involved in Eddie's death.
5. What is Claire's last expression?
6. On the day the boy earns his degree from university, when does he arrive home to tell the family?
(a) On time.
(b) He didn't get the chance to tell them.
7. At the very end of the book, what does the narrator think he hears as he is going down the stairs?
(a) A bird.
(b) A siren.
(c) A sigh.
(d) The clock tower.
8. Who is Danno Bredin?
(a) The boy's friend.
(b) Young man in the navy.
(c) Claire's father.
(d) Jimmy's brother.
9. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
(a) She loses the ability to speak.
(b) She loses her hearing.
(c) She loses a limb.
(d) She goes blind.
10. Why does the boy's father threaten Crazy Joe in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he was giving the boy bad advice.
(b) Because he was trying to steal from the boy.
(c) Because he was mean to the boy.
(d) Because he laid a hand on the boy's knee.
11. What happens to the boy's mother in 1968?
(a) She meets an old friend.
(b) She suffers a stroke.
(c) She goes insane.
(d) She gets in an accident.
12. Why is the boy's mother afraid of her visitor?
(a) The person might take her from her family.
(b) The person might find out too much.
(c) The person might hurt her.
(d) The person might reveal too much.
13. What eventually happens to Danno?
(a) He becomes ill and dies.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He starts a new family.
(d) He returns to the military.
14. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
15. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
(a) Her pills.
(b) Her dress.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
2. Where does the boy go with Moran in Chapter 4?
3. Which character dies in 1959?
4. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
5. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)