|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy do before he is found dead?
(a) He kills Claire.
(b) He curses at the window of the room where Danno had lived.
(c) He visits the doctor.
(d) He hides the gun.
2. Why does the boy's father threaten Crazy Joe in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he laid a hand on the boy's knee.
(b) Because he was trying to steal from the boy.
(c) Because he was mean to the boy.
(d) Because he was giving the boy bad advice.
3. Who teaches the boy about sex?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Father Nugent.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
5. Which of these statements about the local asylum is true?
(a) It has a reputation for cruel treatment of patients.
(b) It has only male patients.
(c) It went under right after Eddie's disappearance.
(d) It has a positive turnover rate.
6. What is Claire's last expression?
7. What does the boy say is significant because of the mother's change?
(a) Her mind won't linger on the secret of loving McIlhenny anymore.
(b) Her secret is now locked inside of her.
(c) She is no longer depressed.
(d) She can't hear the lies about Eddie any longer.
8. Who is Danno Bredin?
(a) Young man in the navy.
(b) Claire's father.
(c) Jimmy's brother.
(d) The boy's friend.
9. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(b) For beating up Frank.
(c) For killing Eddie.
(d) For cheating on his wife.
10. Why does the boy's mother warn him to stay away from the person she warns him about?
(a) She's afraid the person will find out too much.
(b) She's afraid the person will tell her husband about Eddie's disappearance.
(c) She's afraid the person will harm the boy.
(d) She's afraid the person will reveal too much.
11. Who is the man who always carried a baby sock in his small brown case?
12. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Three months.
13. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Tell him about Eddie.
(b) Walk him to the library.
(c) Sing him some songs.
(d) Show him the way to the park.
14. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
15. Where does the boy go to university?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the moral of the story about the man with the baby sock?
2. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
3. What happens two days before the boy visits his parents in Chapter 6?
4. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
5. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)