|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The English version.
(b) The final version.
(c) The miscopied version.
(d) The Irish version.
2. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
3. What is the moral of the story about the man with the baby sock?
(a) People will only find what they're looking for if they stop searching.
(b) People in small places make big mistakes.
(c) People can't move on if they don't let go.
(d) People won't find anything if they keep their eyes closed for too long.
4. What happens to the boy's mother after she stops taking the medicine?
(a) Her state of mind improves.
(b) She becomes healthier.
(c) She loses her memory.
(d) She becomes suicidal.
5. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy's grandfather.
(b) The boy.
(c) The boy's father.
(d) The boy's mother.
6. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
(a) Eleven months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Three months.
7. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
8. In what year does the boy enter university?
9. What eventually happens to Danno?
(a) He becomes ill and dies.
(b) He moves away.
(c) He starts a new family.
(d) He returns to the military.
10. What happens to the boy's mother in 1968?
(a) She suffers a stroke.
(b) She gets in an accident.
(c) She meets an old friend.
(d) She goes insane.
11. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
(a) He doesn't have any money.
(b) She is Grenaghan's girlfriend.
(c) The cinema is closed.
(d) He forgets where the cinema is.
12. The man with the baby sock said he would stop traveling on the bus after what happens?
(a) After he runs out of bus money.
(b) After he reaches his destination.
(c) After he finds the other sock.
(d) After he finds the owner of the sock.
13. According to Chapter 6, what was Tony's job before he disappeared?
(a) Bus conductor.
(b) Police inspector.
(c) Train operator.
(d) Coal mine worker.
14. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
(a) She goes blind.
(b) She loses a limb.
(c) She loses her hearing.
(d) She loses the ability to speak.
15. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
(a) Sex without love.
(c) Hating your brother.
(d) Disobeying your parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy go with Moran in Chapter 4?
2. Why is the boy punished in 1954 by the Dean?
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
4. The boy's mother's depression causes her to do what?
5. Why is the boy's mother afraid of her visitor?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)