|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the baby sock belong?
(a) The man's sister.
(b) No one knows.
(c) The man's niece.
(d) The man's daughter.
2. When do the boy's parents marry?
3. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
(b) Larry does not speak anymore.
(c) The records of his death were burned.
(d) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
4. According to Chapter 6, what was Tony's job before he disappeared?
(a) Police inspector.
(b) Coal mine worker.
(c) Train operator.
(d) Bus conductor.
5. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
(a) The gospel parables.
(b) The prophecies of revelation.
(c) The ones about good and evil.
(d) The law of the Old Testament.
6. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
(a) Eddie was swallowed up by the earth.
(b) His grandfather shot him.
(c) Larry shot him.
(d) Eddie starved to death.
7. In which class do the boys discuss the speech given by the army chaplain?
(a) Math class.
(b) History class.
(c) Geography class.
(d) English class.
8. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
9. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
(a) It tastes disgusting.
(b) It is ruining her teeth.
(c) She doesn't think it is working.
(d) She claims the medicine is a placebo.
10. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For beating up Frank.
(b) For cheating on his wife.
(c) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(d) For killing Eddie.
11. What is Claire's last expression?
12. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The Irish version.
(b) The miscopied version.
(c) The English version.
(d) The final version.
13. Upon what does the Anglican army chaplain say communism is based?
14. Where does the boy go to university?
15. Why is the boy punished in 1954 by the Dean?
(a) Not doing his homework.
(b) Badmouthing the teacher.
(c) Skipping the retreat.
(d) Cheating on the test.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the boy's mother develops depression, what does she begin to have visions of?
2. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
3. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
4. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
5. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)