|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
(b) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(c) The death of the boy's sister.
(d) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
2. According to Chapter 6, what was Tony's job before he disappeared?
(a) Police inspector.
(b) Coal mine worker.
(c) Train operator.
(d) Bus conductor.
3. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
(a) His grandfather shot him.
(b) Larry shot him.
(c) Eddie starved to death.
(d) Eddie was swallowed up by the earth.
4. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A family friend.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A local policeman.
(d) A German sailor.
5. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
(a) The ones about good and evil.
(b) The law of the Old Testament.
(c) The prophecies of revelation.
(d) The gospel parables.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. What happens two days before the boy visits his parents in Chapter 6?
3. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
5. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)