|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Beaten to death by thieves.
(c) Contracted meningitis.
(d) Killed by a reversing lorry.
2. Who is the man who always carried a baby sock in his small brown case?
3. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Sing him some songs.
(b) Show him the way to the park.
(c) Tell him about Eddie.
(d) Walk him to the library.
4. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(c) The plague.
(d) The war.
5. Who also visits the boy's parents as he is there in Chapter 6?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) Sergeant Burke.
(c) The dead soldier's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
2. What does Jimmy do before he is found dead?
3. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
4. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
5. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)