|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Eddie's parents die?
2. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
(a) He doesn't think she deserves to know.
(b) He thinks that she already knows the truth but is hiding it.
(c) He is afraid of her reaction.
(d) He thinks she is too sensitive to handle the truth.
3. Who also visits the boy's parents as he is there in Chapter 6?
(a) Sergeant Burke.
(c) Crazy Joe.
(d) The dead soldier's father.
4. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Walk him to the library.
(b) Show him the way to the park.
(c) Sing him some songs.
(d) Tell him about Eddie.
5. At the very end of the book, what does the narrator think he hears as he is going down the stairs?
(a) The clock tower.
(b) A siren.
(c) A bird.
(d) A sigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
2. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
3. From whom does the boy's mother warn him to stay away in Chapter 6?
4. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)