|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(b) His treatment by the police.
(c) The death of his sister.
(d) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
2. How does his mother's body change after what happens to her in 1968?
(a) She loses her hearing.
(b) She loses a limb.
(c) She loses the ability to speak.
(d) She goes blind.
3. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
(a) His grandfather shot him.
(b) Larry shot him.
(c) Eddie was swallowed up by the earth.
(d) Eddie starved to death.
4. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
(a) He is afraid of her reaction.
(b) He doesn't think she deserves to know.
(c) He thinks she is too sensitive to handle the truth.
(d) He thinks that she already knows the truth but is hiding it.
5. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
(a) The bodies of legendary ancient warriors.
(b) The souls of those who did not have a Christian burial.
(c) The ghosts of unborn children.
(d) The souls of those who had disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
2. Who begins to visit the boy's mother regularly in Chapter 6?
3. The man with the baby sock said he would stop traveling on the bus after what happens?
4. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
5. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)