|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She destroys it.
(d) She puts it in a vase in the window.
2. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
(a) He doesn't have any money.
(b) He forgets where the cinema is.
(c) The cinema is closed.
(d) She is Grenaghan's girlfriend.
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is an electrician.
(c) He is a shopkeeper.
(d) He is a factory worker.
4. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
(a) He thought Frank was guilty at the time.
(b) He had evidence that Frank was involved in Eddie's death.
(d) To keep Frank out of jail.
5. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
(a) She always knew McIlhenny was an informer.
(b) She always knew about Eddie's death.
(c) She was always insane.
(d) She didn't really like Tony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy's mother after she stops taking the medicine?
2. Who is the real informer?
3. After his mother tells him much of the story of Eddie's death at the end of Chapter 5, why is the boy still hurt?
4. Why does the boy's mother warn him to stay away from the person she warns him about?
5. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)