|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) Larry does not speak anymore.
(b) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
(c) The records of his death were burned.
(d) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
2. Who is Danno Bredin?
(a) Jimmy's brother.
(b) The boy's friend.
(c) Young man in the navy.
(d) Claire's father.
3. Who begins to visit the boy's mother regularly in Chapter 6?
(a) The priest.
(c) Crazy Joe.
(d) Sergeant Burke.
4. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Neil McLaughlin.
5. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(b) In the church after service.
(c) In his sister's bedroom.
(d) In the basement of the distillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
2. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
3. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
4. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
5. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)