|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To a sick relative's house.
(b) To his teacher.
(c) To his father.
(d) To a grave.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) Billy Mahon.
(c) Rory Hannaway.
(d) Brother Regan.
4. What happens two days before the boy visits his parents in Chapter 6?
(a) The story of Eddie's death becomes public.
(b) His mother dies.
(c) The town gets snowed in.
(d) A soldier is shot dead on their doorstep.
5. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
(a) When the boy is born.
(b) When Katie is pregnant.
(c) When Una dies.
(d) When Ena dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
2. After the boy's mother develops depression, what does she begin to have visions of?
3. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
4. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
5. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)