|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 opens with the narrator talking about the neighborhood having what kind of infestation problem?
2. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(c) The plague.
(d) The war.
3. During the war, when the alarms go off because of the air raids, where does the family hide?
(a) In the neighbor's house.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the air raid shelters.
(d) Under the stairs.
4. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
(a) So that he can sleep at night.
(b) So that the boy's mother is happy again.
(c) So that the children will not be poisoned by it.
(d) So that someone will be punished for it.
5. What eventually happens to Danno?
(a) He starts a new family.
(b) He becomes ill and dies.
(c) He returns to the military.
(d) He moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
2. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. Why doesn't the girl return Jimmy's affection?
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
5. What does the boy say is significant because of the mother's change?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)