|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the boy's mother develops depression, what does she begin to have visions of?
2. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To a sick relative's house.
(b) To his father.
(c) To a grave.
(d) To his teacher.
3. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is beaten by the police.
(b) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(c) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(d) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
4. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
(a) The wedding is on a workday.
(b) It is too far to travel.
(c) The groom is black.
(d) Meave is pregnant.
5. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
(a) To talk to his mother.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To hide in his room.
(d) To run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
2. When do the boy's parents marry?
3. What happens to the boy's mother in 1968?
4. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
5. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)