|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
(a) She doesn't think it is working.
(b) It tastes disgusting.
(c) It is ruining her teeth.
(d) She claims the medicine is a placebo.
2. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
(a) Liam knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does the boy.
(b) The boy knows more than his father knows.
(c) His father knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does anyone else.
(d) His father knows nothing of Eddie's disappearance.
3. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
(a) Since just after she married the boy's father.
(b) Since just after the boy was born.
(c) Since just before she married the boy's father.
(d) Since a few years ago.
4. Who told the boy the story of the man with the baby sock?
(b) His father.
(c) Crazy Joe.
(d) His mother.
5. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(b) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(c) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(d) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
3. On the day the boy earns his degree from university, when does he arrive home to tell the family?
4. Who begins to visit the boy's mother regularly in Chapter 6?
5. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)