|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
(a) So that the boy's mother is happy again.
(b) So that someone will be punished for it.
(c) So that the children will not be poisoned by it.
(d) So that he can sleep at night.
3. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
4. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For killing Eddie.
(b) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(c) For cheating on his wife.
(d) For beating up Frank.
5. Which two groups does the boy's mother find out were collaborating together?
(a) The priests and the IRA.
(b) The police and the boy's uncles.
(c) The police and the priests.
(d) The boy's uncles and the priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
3. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
4. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
5. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)