|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a shopkeeper.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is an electrician.
2. Who teaches the boy about sex?
(a) His mother.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) Father Nugent.
(d) His father.
3. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He was out wandering at night.
(b) He didn't have a ride home.
(c) He was in trouble.
(d) He was being bullied.
4. Why doesn't the girl return Jimmy's affection?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She loves someone else.
(c) She lives a life of celibacy.
(d) She doesn't associate with his family.
5. What happens two days before the boy visits his parents in Chapter 6?
(a) His mother dies.
(b) A soldier is shot dead on their doorstep.
(c) The story of Eddie's death becomes public.
(d) The town gets snowed in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
2. When do the boy's parents marry?
3. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
4. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
5. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)