|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
(a) A year and a half.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eleven months.
2. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
(a) It is too far to travel.
(b) The groom is black.
(c) Meave is pregnant.
(d) The wedding is on a workday.
3. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy's mother.
(b) The boy.
(c) The boy's father.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
4. Who is Ena?
(a) The boy's mother's sister.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The boy's grandmother.
(d) The boy's father's sister.
5. Who is the real informer?
(a) Tony McIlhenny.
(b) Crazy Joe.
(c) The boy's grandfather.
(d) Larry McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
3. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
4. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)