|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(a) A pillow.
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Land of Poverty.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Lovely Dark Land.
(d) The Conflict of Past.
3. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
(a) That Meave's husband would soon cheat on her.
(b) That Meave's husband will leave her just like Katie's husband left her.
(c) That Tony really loved Katie's sister instead.
(d) That Meave will stop talking to Katie soon.
4. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) Grenaghan's grandfather.
(b) One of the boy's uncles.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A clergyman at the church.
5. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
2. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
4. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
5. Who is Charlie McCabe?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)