|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(a) The war.
(d) The plague.
2. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(b) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(c) His treatment by the police.
(d) The death of his sister.
3. When do the boy's parents meet?
4. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is beaten by the police.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(d) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Neil McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
2. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
3. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
4. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
5. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)