|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their mother's sister.
(b) Their father's brother.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their grandfather.
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Poor Old Woman.
(b) The Lovely Dark Land.
(c) The Land of Poverty.
(d) The Conflict of Past.
3. After his mother tells him much of the story of Eddie's death at the end of Chapter 5, why is the boy still hurt?
(a) He thinks his mother does not know the truth.
(b) He doesn't understand the full story.
(c) She does not tell him everything.
(d) She lies.
4. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A local policeman.
(d) A German sailor.
5. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) A clergyman at the church.
(b) Grenaghan's grandfather.
(c) One of the boy's uncles.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. Who is Danno Bredin?
3. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
4. What happens to the boy after he takes the girl to the cinema?
5. Who is Billy Mahon?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)