|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His treatment by the police.
(b) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) The death of his sister.
2. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(c) New York.
3. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
(a) She was involved in Eddie's death.
(b) She is faking her depression.
(c) She had been in love with someone other than his father.
(d) He doesn't trust his mother.
4. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
5. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
(a) Hating your brother.
(c) Sex without love.
(d) Disobeying your parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
2. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
3. What eventually happens to Danno?
4. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)