|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's last expression?
2. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) An accident.
3. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
(a) Since just after she married the boy's father.
(b) Since just before she married the boy's father.
(c) Since just after the boy was born.
(d) Since a few years ago.
4. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
(a) The gun.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her pills.
(d) The newspaper.
5. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(c) The boy's mother.
(d) Ena and Bernadette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
2. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
3. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
4. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)