|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His mother attempt suicide.
(b) The house burn down.
(c) The death of a young boy.
(d) His father leave town.
2. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
(a) The boy tells his father he hates him.
(b) The boy tells his father he should be blaming Eddie.
(c) His father is drunk.
(d) The boy doesn't stop talking.
3. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
4. Who is the real informer?
(a) Larry McLaughlin.
(b) Crazy Joe.
(c) Tony McIlhenny.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
5. After the boy's mother develops depression, what does she begin to have visions of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
2. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
3. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
4. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
5. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)