|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
(a) Since 1935.
(b) Since 1928.
(c) Since 1922.
(d) Since 1930.
2. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
(a) They said he should have talked the bully out of fighting.
(b) They said he should have run away.
(c) They said he should have stood up for himself.
(d) They said he should have just taken the punches.
3. When do Eddie's parents die?
4. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to Grianan.
(b) He went to America.
(c) He enlisted in the IRA.
(d) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
5. When does the boy's mother find out the truth about Eddie?
(a) Right before her father dies.
(b) She never learns the truth of Eddie's death.
(c) After Tony disappears.
(d) After she marries the boy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
5. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)