|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With one of his uncles.
(b) With his grandfather.
(c) With one of his aunts.
(d) With a neighbor.
3. Who is Ena?
(a) The boy's grandmother.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The boy's father's sister.
(d) The boy's mother's sister.
4. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) The death of his sister.
(b) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) His treatment by the police.
5. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He didn't have a ride home.
(b) He was being bullied.
(c) He was out wandering at night.
(d) He was in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmy die?
2. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
3. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
4. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
5. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)