|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
(a) His house has burned down.
(b) His family is gone.
(c) His wife living with another man.
(d) Nobody remembers who he is.
2. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His mother attempt suicide.
(b) The house burn down.
(c) His father leave town.
(d) The death of a young boy.
3. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(c) The plague.
(d) The war.
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Una, his sister.
(b) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy and his mother.
(d) The boy and his father.
5. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
(a) His father found out who killed Eddie in 1926.
(b) His father found out about Eddie being an informer in 1926.
(c) His father found out Eddie was innocent in 1926.
(d) His father revealed to his wife who killed Eddie in 1926.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
2. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
3. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
4. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
5. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)