|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
(b) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
(c) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(d) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
2. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(b) He is beaten by the police.
(c) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(d) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
3. What does Crazy Joe reveal to the boy?
(a) He saw Eddie die.
(b) He knows why Larry has stopped talking.
(c) He knows who tipped off McIlhenny.
(d) He saw McIlhenny get out of the Sergeant's car in July 1926.
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the church after service.
(b) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(c) In his sister's bedroom.
(d) In the basement of the distillery.
5. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) Old age.
(b) An accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
2. Who teaches the boy about sex?
3. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
4. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
5. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)