|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To a sick relative's house.
(c) To a grave.
(d) To his father.
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Conflict of Past.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Lovely Dark Land.
(d) The Land of Poverty.
3. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
(a) Liam knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does the boy.
(b) His father knows nothing of Eddie's disappearance.
(c) His father knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does anyone else.
(d) The boy knows more than his father knows.
4. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the market.
(b) In the distillery.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the streets.
5. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is pushed off the bridge.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is framed for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
3. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
5. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)