|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
(a) When the boy is born.
(b) When Katie is pregnant.
(c) When Una dies.
(d) When Ena dies.
2. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
(a) It is ruining her teeth.
(b) It tastes disgusting.
(c) She doesn't think it is working.
(d) She claims the medicine is a placebo.
3. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
(a) They said he should have stood up for himself.
(b) They said he should have talked the bully out of fighting.
(c) They said he should have run away.
(d) They said he should have just taken the punches.
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Una, his sister.
(b) The boy and his mother.
(c) The boy and his father.
(d) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
5. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) A clergyman at the church.
(b) One of the boy's uncles.
(c) Grenaghan's grandfather.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
2. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
3. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
4. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
5. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)