|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) The book he reads in the dark.
(b) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(c) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(d) His mother's depression.
2. When Danno returns home, what does he find?
(a) His house has burned down.
(b) His family is gone.
(c) His wife living with another man.
(d) Nobody remembers who he is.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) An accident.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happens to Danno?
2. Who is Danno Bredin?
3. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why is the boy punished in 1954 by the Dean?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)