|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie McCabe frequent?
(a) The brothel.
(b) The library.
(d) The distillery.
2. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
(a) Larry has become insane.
(b) Larry isn't ready to get married.
(c) Larry doesn't want to get married.
(d) Larry has cheated on this soon-to-be wife.
3. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(b) His father smiles at him.
(c) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(d) His father apologizes.
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(b) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(c) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(d) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
2. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
3. Chapter 3 opens with the narrator talking about the neighborhood having what kind of infestation problem?
4. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
5. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)