|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His mother attempt suicide.
(b) His father leave town.
(c) The death of a young boy.
(d) The house burn down.
2. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
(a) That Eddie was involved in something dangerous before his disappearance.
(b) That Eddie was killed.
(c) That the boy's father is responsible for Eddie's disappearance.
(d) That the boy's father doesn't know what really happened to Eddie.
3. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(b) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(c) She senses a ghost nearby.
(d) Someone outside will see him.
5. Who teaches the boy about sex?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Brother Regan.
(d) Father Nugent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
4. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
5. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)