|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The evidence was tampered with.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
2. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(b) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(c) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(d) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
3. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The death of the boy's sister.
(b) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(c) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
(d) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
4. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
5. What is going to be built across the river?
(a) Police station.
(b) Catholic church.
(c) Private farmhouse.
(d) British oxygen plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
2. What happens to Billy Mahon?
3. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
4. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
5. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)