|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The dancing.
(d) The gathering.
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Lovely Dark Land.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Land of Poverty.
(d) The Conflict of Past.
3. How does Jimmy die?
(a) Broken neck.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Gunshot wound.
4. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With one of his aunts.
(b) With his grandfather.
(c) With one of his uncles.
(d) With a neighbor.
5. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(b) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
(c) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(d) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
3. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
4. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
5. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)