|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A priest.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the church.
(c) In the market.
(d) In the distillery.
3. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their mother's sister.
(b) Their father's brother.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their grandfather.
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The prohibition of alcohol.
(b) The death of a policeman.
(c) The shutdown of the distillery.
(d) The founding of Northern Ireland.
5. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A fox.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
2. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
3. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)