|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, when the alarms go off because of the air raids, where does the family hide?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the air raid shelters.
(d) In the neighbor's house.
2. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
(a) They both cannot see.
(b) They have lost their ability to speak.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They have both lost their jobs.
3. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
(a) The boy tells his father he should be blaming Eddie.
(b) The boy doesn't stop talking.
(c) The boy tells his father he hates him.
(d) His father is drunk.
4. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Neil McLaughlin.
(c) Rory Hannaway.
(d) Billy Mahon.
5. Who teaches the boy's math class?
(b) His father.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)