|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the girl return Jimmy's affection?
(a) She doesn't associate with his family.
(b) She loves someone else.
(c) She lives a life of celibacy.
(d) She moves away.
2. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
(a) Sex without love.
(b) Hating your brother.
(c) Disobeying your parents.
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The singing.
(d) The bonfires.
4. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He does not talk.
(c) He wanders.
(d) He tells stories.
5. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) She keeps losing things.
(b) The orphans keep changing.
(c) She is losing her voice.
(d) She sees ghosts out the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
2. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
3. How does the boy's grandfather die?
4. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
5. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)