|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
(a) When Ena dies.
(b) When Katie is pregnant.
(c) When Una dies.
(d) When the boy is born.
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(b) Ena and Bernadette.
(c) The boy's mother.
4. What information does Katie have over her sister?
(a) Where Katie's sister's husband ran off.
(b) What happened to their parents.
(c) Tony left her sister to be with Katie.
(d) The details of Eddie's disappearance.
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The dancing.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The singing.
(d) The gathering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
2. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
3. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
4. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
5. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)