|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
(b) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(c) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(d) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
2. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
(a) Eddie was an informer.
(b) Eddie died in a warehouse fire.
(c) Eddie was set up.
(d) Eddie left for America.
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The gathering.
4. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The shootout of 1922.
(b) The rebellion of 1798.
(c) The famine of 1740.
(d) The black death of 1348.
5. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
(a) Because Katie knew nothing about Eddie's disappearance.
(b) Because she didn't want Katie to know Eddie was the informer.
(c) Because she would have to reveal that Katie's husband was the informer.
(d) Because she didn't want to tell Katie that Eddie was executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
2. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
3. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
4. What is going to be built across the river?
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)