|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
(a) That Eddie was involved in something dangerous before his disappearance.
(b) That the boy's father doesn't know what really happened to Eddie.
(c) That Eddie was killed.
(d) That the boy's father is responsible for Eddie's disappearance.
2. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(b) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(c) His father smiles at him.
(d) His father apologizes.
3. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
(a) The ghosts of unborn children.
(b) The souls of those who had disappeared.
(c) The souls of those who did not have a Christian burial.
(d) The bodies of legendary ancient warriors.
4. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
(a) The boy narrator.
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Katie McIlhenny.
(b) Aunt Bernadette.
(d) Brigid McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
4. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
5. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)