|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(b) The IRA and the boy's family.
(c) The police and the boy's family.
(d) The IRA and the police.
2. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A friend of the family.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A priest.
3. Who is the real informer?
(a) Larry McLaughlin.
(b) Tony McIlhenny.
(c) Crazy Joe.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
4. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of orphans.
(b) The souls of those who were murdered.
(c) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(d) The souls of children who died at a young age.
5. What is going to be built across the river?
(a) Private farmhouse.
(b) Catholic church.
(c) Police station.
(d) British oxygen plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
4. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
5. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)