|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the real informer?
(a) The boy's grandfather.
(b) Larry McLaughlin.
(c) Crazy Joe.
(d) Tony McIlhenny.
2. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a factory worker.
(b) He is a shopkeeper.
(c) He is an electrician.
(d) He is a salesman.
3. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
4. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Aunt Bernadette.
(b) Brigid McLaughlin.
(d) Katie McIlhenny.
5. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
(a) His father revealed to his wife who killed Eddie in 1926.
(b) His father found out Eddie was innocent in 1926.
(c) His father found out about Eddie being an informer in 1926.
(d) His father found out who killed Eddie in 1926.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
3. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
5. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)