|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He tells stories.
(c) He wanders.
(d) He does not talk.
2. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
(a) Extra homework or caning.
(b) Time out or extra homework.
(c) Cleaning or caning.
(d) Extra homework or cleaning.
3. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
(a) They said he should have talked the bully out of fighting.
(b) They said he should have run away.
(c) They said he should have stood up for himself.
(d) They said he should have just taken the punches.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy's grandfather die?
2. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
3. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
5. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)