|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(b) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(c) Put on costumes.
(d) Sing songs.
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) One of her children dies.
(b) She loses her job.
(c) Her husband leaves.
(d) The boy becomes sick.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) September 14.
(b) August 11.
(c) May 7.
(d) November 21.
5. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the church.
(c) In the distillery.
(d) In the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
2. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)