|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
(a) The history section.
(b) The adult section.
(c) The art section.
(d) The literature section.
2. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The dancing.
(b) The singing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The gathering.
3. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) The swamps.
(b) A nearby dumping ground.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
4. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father apologizes.
(b) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(c) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(d) His father smiles at him.
5. Who is the real informer?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) Larry McLaughlin.
(c) Tony McIlhenny.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
2. What does the boy's father do for a living?
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
5. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)