|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
(a) Liam knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does the boy.
(b) His father knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does anyone else.
(c) His father knows nothing of Eddie's disappearance.
(d) The boy knows more than his father knows.
3. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fox.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A deer.
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The dancing.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The gathering.
(d) The singing.
5. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He was out wandering at night.
(b) He was in trouble.
(c) He didn't have a ride home.
(d) He was being bullied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
2. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
3. During the war, when the alarms go off because of the air raids, where does the family hide?
4. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
5. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)