|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(b) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
(c) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(d) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
2. Chapter 3 opens with the narrator talking about the neighborhood having what kind of infestation problem?
3. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(c) The boy's mother.
(d) Ena and Bernadette.
4. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his father.
(b) To a grave.
(c) To a sick relative's house.
(d) To his teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
3. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
4. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)