|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) The orphans keep changing.
(b) She keeps losing things.
(c) She sees ghosts out the window.
(d) She is losing her voice.
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the market.
(d) In the distillery.
3. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
(a) The adult section.
(b) The history section.
(c) The literature section.
(d) The art section.
4. Who is the real informer?
(a) The boy's grandfather.
(b) Larry McLaughlin.
(c) Tony McIlhenny.
(d) Crazy Joe.
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
(a) She never leaves her house.
(b) She sings the children's song once a year.
(c) She pretends the children have never left.
(d) She skips wherever she goes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
2. How does the boy's grandfather die?
3. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
4. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
5. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)