|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
2. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Brother Regan.
3. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
(a) He had the dogs eat them.
(b) He flooded the nests.
(c) He hired an exterminator.
(d) He threw burning rags on them.
4. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(d) He is beaten by the police.
5. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(c) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(d) Put on costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
2. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
3. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
4. Who is the real informer?
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)