|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
(a) His father knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does anyone else.
(b) The boy knows more than his father knows.
(c) Liam knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does the boy.
(d) His father knows nothing of Eddie's disappearance.
2. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
3. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
(a) Larry isn't ready to get married.
(b) Larry doesn't want to get married.
(c) Larry has become insane.
(d) Larry has cheated on this soon-to-be wife.
4. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
(a) Because she didn't want Katie to know Eddie was the informer.
(b) Because she didn't want to tell Katie that Eddie was executed.
(c) Because she would have to reveal that Katie's husband was the informer.
(d) Because Katie knew nothing about Eddie's disappearance.
5. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their mother's sister.
(c) Their father's brother.
(d) Their grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boy's father's parents die?
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
3. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
4. Chapter 3 opens with the narrator talking about the neighborhood having what kind of infestation problem?
5. What is going to be built across the river?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)