|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(c) A pillow.
2. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
3. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The murder suspect disappeared.
(b) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(c) The evidence was tampered with.
(d) There wasn't enough evidence.
5. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
(a) He threw burning rags on them.
(b) He hired an exterminator.
(c) He flooded the nests.
(d) He had the dogs eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
2. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
3. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
4. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
5. Who teaches the boy's math class?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)