|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
3. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
(c) The boy narrator.
4. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
(a) It floods.
(b) It is shutdown.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is rebuilt.
5. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
(a) Time out or extra homework.
(b) Extra homework or cleaning.
(c) Cleaning or caning.
(d) Extra homework or caning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy's grandfather die?
2. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
4. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
5. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)