|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) One of her children dies.
(b) Her husband leaves.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) The boy becomes sick.
2. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
(a) Larry has become insane.
(b) Larry doesn't want to get married.
(c) Larry isn't ready to get married.
(d) Larry has cheated on this soon-to-be wife.
3. How do the boy's father's parents die?
(a) Old age.
(c) An accident.
(d) Killed at the shootout at the distillery.
4. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Put on costumes.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(d) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
5. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
(a) He flooded the nests.
(b) He had the dogs eat them.
(c) He hired an exterminator.
(d) He threw burning rags on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches the boy's math class?
2. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
4. What is going to be built across the river?
5. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)