|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A policeman.
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Brigid McLaughlin.
(b) Katie McIlhenny.
(c) Aunt Bernadette.
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
(a) To run away.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To hide in his room.
(d) To talk to his mother.
5. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(b) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
(c) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(d) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
2. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
3. Who teaches the boy's math class?
4. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
5. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)