|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) She sees ghosts out the window.
(b) She keeps losing things.
(c) She is losing her voice.
(d) The orphans keep changing.
2. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
(a) Who killed Eddie.
(b) Where Eddie was killed.
(c) Who the real informer was.
(d) What happened to Tony.
3. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) Stolen goods.
(b) A gun.
(c) A missing child.
(d) A murder suspect.
4. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the distillery.
(b) In the church.
(c) In the market.
(d) In the streets.
5. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(a) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
2. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
3. Who is the real informer?
4. What is going to be built across the river?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)