|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In his sister's bedroom.
(b) In the basement of the distillery.
(c) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(d) In the church after service.
3. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) An abandoned warehouse.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) A nearby dumping ground.
(d) The swamps.
4. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A wishing chair.
(b) A stool.
(c) A throne.
(d) A table chair.
5. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The shutdown of the distillery.
(b) The death of a policeman.
(c) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
2. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
3. How do the boy's father's parents die?
4. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
5. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)