|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches the boy's math class?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
2. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With one of his uncles.
(b) With one of his aunts.
(c) With a neighbor.
(d) With his grandfather.
3. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father apologizes.
(b) His father smiles at him.
(c) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(d) His father comes in and kisses his head.
4. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
(a) He flooded the nests.
(b) He hired an exterminator.
(c) He threw burning rags on them.
(d) He had the dogs eat them.
5. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
3. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)