|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) The house burn down.
(b) The death of a young boy.
(c) His father leave town.
(d) His mother attempt suicide.
2. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became sick and died.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She became paralyzed.
3. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
4. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
(a) Eddie was an informer.
(b) Eddie was set up.
(c) Eddie left for America.
(d) Eddie died in a warehouse fire.
5. Who teaches the boy's math class?
(b) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
2. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
3. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
4. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)