|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
(a) A bird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A deer.
(d) A fox.
2. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He didn't have a ride home.
(b) He was out wandering at night.
(c) He was in trouble.
(d) He was being bullied.
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The singing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The dancing.
4. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
5. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(b) His father apologizes.
(c) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(d) His father smiles at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
2. Who is Katie?
3. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
4. Who teaches the boy's math class?
5. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)