|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of orphans.
(b) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(c) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(d) The souls of those who were murdered.
2. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
3. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their father's brother.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their mother's sister.
(d) Their grandfather.
4. Who is the real informer?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) Tony McIlhenny.
(c) The boy's grandfather.
(d) Larry McLaughlin.
5. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He was in trouble.
(b) He was being bullied.
(c) He didn't have a ride home.
(d) He was out wandering at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
2. Who is Katie?
3. Who is Billy Mahon?
4. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
5. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)