|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With one of his aunts.
(b) With his grandfather.
(c) With one of his uncles.
(d) With a neighbor.
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. Who is the real informer?
(a) Tony McIlhenny.
(b) The boy's grandfather.
(c) Larry McLaughlin.
(d) Crazy Joe.
4. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(b) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(d) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
5. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
2. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
3. Who is Meave?
4. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
5. What is going to be built across the river?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)