|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the market.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the distillery.
3. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
(a) His father found out Eddie was innocent in 1926.
(b) His father found out who killed Eddie in 1926.
(c) His father found out about Eddie being an informer in 1926.
(d) His father revealed to his wife who killed Eddie in 1926.
4. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They have both lost their jobs.
(c) They both cannot see.
(d) They have lost their ability to speak.
5. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The distillery.
(c) The naval base.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boy's father's parents die?
2. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
3. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
4. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
5. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)