|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ena?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The boy's mother's sister.
(c) The boy's father's sister.
(d) The boy's grandmother.
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The famine of 1740.
(b) The rebellion of 1798.
(c) The shootout of 1922.
(d) The black death of 1348.
3. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their mother's sister.
(b) Their grandfather.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their father's brother.
4. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(b) The souls of orphans.
(c) The souls of those who were murdered.
(d) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
5. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bird.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going to be built across the river?
2. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
3. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
4. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
5. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)