|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He enlisted in the IRA.
(b) He went to America.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He went to Grianan.
2. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A missing child.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A murder suspect.
(d) A gun.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) The book he reads in the dark.
(b) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(c) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(d) His mother's depression.
5. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
(a) Eddie was an informer.
(b) Eddie died in a warehouse fire.
(c) Eddie left for America.
(d) Eddie was set up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
2. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
4. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
5. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)