|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, when the alarms go off because of the air raids, where does the family hide?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the neighbor's house.
(d) In the air raid shelters.
2. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
3. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) An accident.
(b) Old age.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
(a) A deer.
(b) A fox.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A bird.
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Katie McIlhenny.
(b) Aunt Bernadette.
(c) Brigid McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
3. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
4. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
5. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)