|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister.
2. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
(a) The boy tells his father he should be blaming Eddie.
(b) His father is drunk.
(c) The boy tells his father he hates him.
(d) The boy doesn't stop talking.
3. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
(a) They have lost their ability to speak.
(b) They have both lost their jobs.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They both cannot see.
4. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She became paralyzed.
(d) She became sick and died.
5. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the distillery.
(b) In the market.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
2. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
3. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
4. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)