|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His aunt.
2. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
(a) Who the real informer was.
(b) What happened to Tony.
(c) Where Eddie was killed.
(d) Who killed Eddie.
3. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
(a) The ghosts of unborn children.
(b) The souls of those who did not have a Christian burial.
(c) The souls of those who had disappeared.
(d) The bodies of legendary ancient warriors.
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The murder suspect disappeared.
(c) The evidence was tampered with.
(d) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
5. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became paralyzed.
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She became sick and died.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
3. Chapter 3 opens with the narrator talking about the neighborhood having what kind of infestation problem?
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)