|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the distillery.
(d) In the market.
3. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Una, his sister.
(b) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy and his mother.
(d) The boy and his father.
4. How do the boy's father's parents die?
(b) Old age.
(c) An accident.
(d) Killed at the shootout at the distillery.
5. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(a) The boy's mother.
(c) Ena and Bernadette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katie?
2. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
3. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)