|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With his grandfather.
(b) With one of his aunts.
(c) With one of his uncles.
(d) With a neighbor.
2. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
(a) She sings the children's song once a year.
(b) She skips wherever she goes.
(c) She never leaves her house.
(d) She pretends the children have never left.
3. What is going to be built across the river?
(a) Police station.
(b) British oxygen plant.
(c) Private farmhouse.
(d) Catholic church.
4. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The police and the boy's family.
(b) The IRA and the police.
(c) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(d) The IRA and the boy's family.
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(b) Brigid McLaughlin.
(c) Aunt Bernadette.
(d) Katie McIlhenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
3. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
4. Who is Billy Mahon?
5. Who is Katie?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)