|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is beaten by the police.
(b) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(c) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(d) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
2. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father apologizes.
(b) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(c) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
(d) His father smiles at him.
3. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
(a) That Eddie was involved in something dangerous before his disappearance.
(b) That Eddie was killed.
(c) That the boy's father doesn't know what really happened to Eddie.
(d) That the boy's father is responsible for Eddie's disappearance.
4. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(a) Ena and Bernadette.
(c) The boy's mother.
5. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He was in trouble.
(b) He didn't have a ride home.
(c) He was out wandering at night.
(d) He was being bullied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
2. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
3. Who teaches the boy's math class?
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)