|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) September 14.
(b) November 21.
(c) May 7.
(d) August 11.
2. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A German sailor.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A local policeman.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(b) The death of the boy's sister.
(c) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
(d) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The dancing.
(d) The singing.
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the boy's family.
(b) The police and the boy's family.
(c) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(d) The IRA and the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katie?
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
3. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)