|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His father leave town.
(b) The death of a young boy.
(c) His mother attempt suicide.
(d) The house burn down.
2. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
(a) They both change genders.
(b) Their hair changes color.
(c) Their voices switch.
(d) Their reflections in the mirror disappear.
3. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
(a) When the boy is born.
(b) When Una dies.
(c) When Ena dies.
(d) When Katie is pregnant.
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and his mother.
(b) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy and his father.
(d) The boy and Una, his sister.
5. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The distillery.
(b) The docks.
(c) The naval base.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rory Hannaway die?
2. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
3. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
4. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
5. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)