|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) The History of Ireland.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Bible.
2. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is beaten by the police.
(d) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The singing.
4. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Neil McLaughlin.
5. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their father's brother.
(b) Their mother's sister.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Meave?
2. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
4. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
5. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)