|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In the market.
(d) In the distillery.
3. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
(c) The Field of the Disappeared.
4. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) A policeman.
5. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) Her husband leaves.
(b) The boy becomes sick.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) One of her children dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
3. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
5. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)