|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a shopkeeper.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is an electrician.
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the church after service.
(b) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(c) In the basement of the distillery.
(d) In his sister's bedroom.
3. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To a sick relative's house.
(b) To a grave.
(c) To his father.
(d) To his teacher.
4. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) One of her children dies.
(b) Her husband leaves.
(c) The boy becomes sick.
(d) She loses her job.
5. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
2. Who is Billy Mahon?
3. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)