|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's mother's sister.
(b) The boy's grandmother.
(c) The boy's father's aunt.
(d) The boy's sister.
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In his sister's bedroom.
(b) In the church after service.
(c) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(d) In the basement of the distillery.
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(b) The souls of orphans.
(c) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(d) The souls of those who were murdered.
4. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His father leave town.
(b) His mother attempt suicide.
(c) The death of a young boy.
(d) The house burn down.
5. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The prohibition of alcohol.
(b) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(c) The death of a policeman.
(d) The shutdown of the distillery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
2. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
3. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
4. What happens to Billy Mahon?
5. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)