|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The rebellion of 1798.
(b) The shootout of 1922.
(c) The black death of 1348.
(d) The famine of 1740.
2. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is an electrician.
(b) He is a shopkeeper.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is a factory worker.
3. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) She is losing her voice.
(b) She keeps losing things.
(c) She sees ghosts out the window.
(d) The orphans keep changing.
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The death of a policeman.
(b) The shutdown of the distillery.
(c) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
5. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
2. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
3. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)