|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and his father.
(b) The boy and his mother.
(c) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(d) The boy and Una, his sister.
2. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(b) The IRA and the police.
(c) The IRA and the boy's family.
(d) The police and the boy's family.
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A local policeman.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A German sailor.
4. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
5. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His mother attempt suicide.
(b) The death of a young boy.
(c) His father leave town.
(d) The house burn down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
2. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
4. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)