|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their mother's sister.
(b) Their father's brother.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their brother.
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to America.
(b) He enlisted in the IRA.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He went to Grianan.
3. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) The Poor Old Woman.
(b) The History of Ireland.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Paradise Lost.
4. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(c) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(d) Put on costumes.
5. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy's father work?
2. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
3. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
4. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)