|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) One of her children dies.
(b) The boy becomes sick.
(c) Her husband leaves.
(d) She loses her job.
2. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Put on costumes.
(d) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
3. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
4. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(b) The death of his sister.
(c) His treatment by the police.
(d) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Brother Regan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Mahon?
2. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
3. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
4. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
5. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)