|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(b) The death of the boy's sister.
(c) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
(d) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
2. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A stool.
(b) A table chair.
(c) A throne.
(d) A wishing chair.
3. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(b) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(c) The book he reads in the dark.
(d) His mother's depression.
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The dancing.
(d) The gathering.
5. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
(a) The Field of the Disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
3. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
4. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
5. Who is Billy Mahon?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)