|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is framed for murder.
(b) He is pushed off the bridge.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is robbed.
2. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The bonfires.
(c) The gathering.
(d) The dancing.
3. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
(a) The boy's reading of his first book.
(b) The sadness felt by the boy after being forced to read only at night.
(c) The confusion the boy feels by not understanding what he reads.
(d) The loneliness of reading alone and the boy's feeling of being alone.
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) August 11.
(b) May 7.
(c) September 14.
(d) November 21.
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Lovely Dark Land.
(b) The Conflict of Past.
(c) The Land of Poverty.
(d) The Poor Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
2. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
3. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)