|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The death of a policeman.
(b) The shutdown of the distillery.
(c) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
2. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's mother's sister.
(b) The boy's father's aunt.
(c) The boy's sister.
(d) The boy's grandmother.
3. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
(a) The Field of the Disappeared.
4. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The distillery.
(c) The naval base.
(d) The police station.
5. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became sick and died.
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She became paralyzed.
(d) She ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Mahon?
2. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
4. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
5. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)