|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and his father.
(b) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy and his mother.
(d) The boy and Una, his sister.
2. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) The orphans keep changing.
(b) She sees ghosts out the window.
(c) She is losing her voice.
(d) She keeps losing things.
3. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is framed for murder.
(b) He is pushed off the bridge.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is robbed.
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
2. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
4. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
5. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)