|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is pushed off the bridge.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is framed for murder.
(d) He is shot.
2. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The boy's grandmother.
(c) The boy's mother's sister.
(d) The boy's father's aunt.
3. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The famine of 1740.
(b) The shootout of 1922.
(c) The rebellion of 1798.
(d) The black death of 1348.
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(b) There wasn't enough evidence.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) The evidence was tampered with.
5. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To his father.
(c) To a grave.
(d) To a sick relative's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. Where does the boy's father work?
3. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
4. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
5. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)