|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is beaten by the police.
(d) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) One of her children dies.
(b) She loses her job.
(c) The boy becomes sick.
(d) Her husband leaves.
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Land of Poverty.
(b) The Conflict of Past.
(c) The Lovely Dark Land.
(d) The Poor Old Woman.
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of orphans.
(b) The souls of those who were murdered.
(c) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(d) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
2. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
3. How do the boy's father's parents die?
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
5. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)