|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
2. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Killed by a reversing lorry.
(b) Beaten to death by thieves.
(c) Contracted meningitis.
(d) Drowned in the river.
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) Someone outside will see him.
(b) She senses a ghost nearby.
(c) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(d) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
4. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
(a) The souls of those who had disappeared.
(b) The souls of those who did not have a Christian burial.
(c) The bodies of legendary ancient warriors.
(d) The ghosts of unborn children.
5. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
(a) Their reflections in the mirror disappear.
(b) Their voices switch.
(c) They both change genders.
(d) Their hair changes color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
3. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
4. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)