|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Contracted meningitis.
(b) Beaten to death by thieves.
(c) Killed by a reversing lorry.
(d) Drowned in the river.
2. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Aunt Bernadette.
(b) Katie McIlhenny.
(c) Brigid McLaughlin.
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is a shopkeeper.
(c) He is an electrician.
(d) He is a factory worker.
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the basement of the distillery.
(b) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(c) In his sister's bedroom.
(d) In the church after service.
5. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Rory Hannaway.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) Billy Mahon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. How do the boy's father's parents die?
4. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
5. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)