|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The gathering.
(c) The dancing.
(d) The bonfires.
2. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(b) His treatment by the police.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) The death of his sister.
3. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to America.
(b) He went to Grianan.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He enlisted in the IRA.
4. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Rory Hannaway.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) Billy Mahon.
5. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A murder suspect.
(b) A gun.
(c) Stolen goods.
(d) A missing child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
4. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
5. How does Rory Hannaway die?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)