|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ena?
(a) The boy's father's sister.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The boy's grandmother.
(d) The boy's mother's sister.
2. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy and his mother.
(c) The boy and his father.
(d) The boy and Una, his sister.
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Brigid McLaughlin.
(b) Aunt Bernadette.
(d) Katie McIlhenny.
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(b) In the basement of the distillery.
(c) In his sister's bedroom.
(d) In the church after service.
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
(a) She never leaves her house.
(b) She pretends the children have never left.
(c) She skips wherever she goes.
(d) She sings the children's song once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
2. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
4. Where does the boy's father work?
5. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)