|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The boy's father's aunt.
(c) The boy's grandmother.
(d) The boy's mother's sister.
3. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) She loses her job.
(b) The boy becomes sick.
(c) One of her children dies.
(d) Her husband leaves.
4. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(b) His treatment by the police.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) The death of his sister.
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to Grianan.
(b) He went to America.
(c) He enlisted in the IRA.
(d) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. How does Rory Hannaway die?
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
4. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)