|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(b) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
(c) The death of the boy's sister.
(d) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
3. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The black death of 1348.
(b) The famine of 1740.
(c) The shootout of 1922.
(d) The rebellion of 1798.
4. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
(b) A photo album.
(c) A flower.
(d) A gun.
5. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's grandmother.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The boy's father's aunt.
(d) The boy's mother's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rory Hannaway die?
2. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
3. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
4. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
5. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)