|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) The boy becomes sick.
(b) One of her children dies.
(c) Her husband leaves.
(d) She loses her job.
2. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His treatment by the police.
(b) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(c) The death of his sister.
(d) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
3. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) A priest.
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is framed for murder.
(d) He is pushed off the bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
2. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
3. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)