|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A gun.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A missing child.
(d) A murder suspect.
2. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(b) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(c) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(d) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
3. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) His mother attempt suicide.
(b) His father leave town.
(c) The house burn down.
(d) The death of a young boy.
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Lovely Dark Land.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Conflict of Past.
(d) The Land of Poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
2. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
4. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
5. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)