|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) Someone outside will see him.
(b) She senses a ghost nearby.
(c) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(d) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
2. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(c) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(d) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
3. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) A policeman.
(c) Brother Regan.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She became paralyzed.
(c) She became sick and died.
(d) She ran away.
5. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is pushed off the bridge.
(b) He is framed for murder.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
2. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
3. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)