|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) His treatment by the police.
(b) The death of his sister.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
2. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A German sailor.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A local policeman.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Lovely Dark Land.
(b) The Land of Poverty.
(c) The Conflict of Past.
(d) The Poor Old Woman.
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(b) She senses a ghost nearby.
(c) Someone outside will see him.
(d) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
3. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
4. How does Rory Hannaway die?
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)