|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(b) His mother's depression.
(c) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(d) The book he reads in the dark.
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Beaten to death by thieves.
(c) Contracted meningitis.
(d) Killed by a reversing lorry.
5. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A priest.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
5. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)