|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is pushed off the bridge.
(d) He is framed for murder.
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the streets.
(b) In the market.
(c) In the distillery.
(d) In the church.
3. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became paralyzed.
(b) She became sick and died.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She was kidnapped.
4. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(b) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(c) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(d) He is beaten by the police.
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
2. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
5. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)