|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
(a) A gun.
(c) A photo album.
(d) A flower.
2. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To a sick relative's house.
(c) To a grave.
(d) To his father.
3. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Neil McLaughlin.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A policeman.
4. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(c) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(d) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Poor Old Woman.
(b) The Lovely Dark Land.
(c) The Land of Poverty.
(d) The Conflict of Past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
2. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
3. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
4. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)