|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The evidence was tampered with.
(b) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) There wasn't enough evidence.
2. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(b) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(c) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
(d) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
3. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(c) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(d) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
4. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is pushed off the bridge.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is framed for murder.
(d) He is shot.
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) A policeman.
(c) Brother Regan.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
4. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)