|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To a grave.
(c) To his father.
(d) To a sick relative's house.
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Billy Mahon.
(b) Neil McLaughlin.
(c) Brother Regan.
(d) Rory Hannaway.
3. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The murder suspect disappeared.
(b) There wasn't enough evidence.
(c) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(d) The evidence was tampered with.
4. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(c) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(d) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is beaten by the police.
(d) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
4. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)