|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
2. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) She became sick and died.
(c) She became paralyzed.
(d) She ran away.
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A local policeman.
(c) A German sailor.
(d) A family friend.
4. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) The Poor Old Woman.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) The History of Ireland.
5. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(b) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(c) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(d) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
2. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
3. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
4. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
5. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)