|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is framed for murder.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is pushed off the bridge.
(d) He is shot.
2. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(b) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(c) His mother's depression.
(d) The book he reads in the dark.
3. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) Stolen goods.
(b) A gun.
(c) A missing child.
(d) A murder suspect.
4. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
(a) A photo album.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flower.
5. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became paralyzed.
(b) She became sick and died.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She was kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
2. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
3. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
4. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
5. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)