|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Killed by a reversing lorry.
(b) Contracted meningitis.
(c) Beaten to death by thieves.
(d) Drowned in the river.
2. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Neil McLaughlin.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Brother Regan.
3. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To a sick relative's house.
(c) To his father.
(d) To a grave.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The murder suspect disappeared.
(b) The evidence was tampered with.
(c) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(d) There wasn't enough evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
3. What happens to Billy Mahon?
4. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)