|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother's depression.
(b) The book he reads in the dark.
(c) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(d) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Billy Mahon.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) Rory Hannaway.
3. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
(a) A flower.
(b) A gun.
(d) A photo album.
4. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the police.
(b) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(c) The IRA and the boy's family.
(d) The police and the boy's family.
5. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A local policeman.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A German sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
2. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
4. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)