|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) A policeman.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) Brother Regan.
2. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(b) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(c) She senses a ghost nearby.
(d) Someone outside will see him.
3. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(b) The book he reads in the dark.
(c) His mother's depression.
(d) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
4. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A local policeman.
(b) A German sailor.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A family friend.
5. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
2. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
3. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
4. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
5. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)