Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother do with the flower he gives her in Chapter 6?
(a) She eats it.
(b) She destroys it.
(c) She throws it away.
(d) She puts it in a vase in the window.
2. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A gun.
(b) A murder suspect.
(c) Stolen goods.
(d) A missing child.
3. What is his mother's response when the boy asks her what she wants for her birthday?
(a) She wants a new house.
(b) She wants to move away.
(c) She wants to forget everything.
(d) She wants Tony to come back.
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The death of a policeman.
(b) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(c) The shutdown of the distillery.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
5. According to Chapter 6, what was Tony's job before he disappeared?
(a) Police inspector.
(b) Coal mine worker.
(c) Bus conductor.
(d) Train operator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crazy Joe reveal to the boy?
2. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
4. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
5. What advice does Crazy Joe give the boy in Chapter 6?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)