Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With one of his uncles.
(b) With one of his aunts.
(c) With a neighbor.
(d) With his grandfather.
2. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) She senses a ghost nearby.
(b) Someone outside will see him.
(c) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(d) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
3. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(a) The boy's mother.
(b) Ena and Bernadette.
4. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) <i>The Poor Old Woman.</i>
(b) <i>Paradise Lost.</i>
(c) <i>The Bible.</i>
(d) <i>The History of Ireland.</i>
5. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
(a) He was in trouble.
(b) He didn't have a ride home.
(c) He was out wandering at night.
(d) He was being bullied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
2. How do the boy's father's parents die?
3. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
5. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)