Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) A priest.
(d) A neighbor.
2. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Una, his sister.
(b) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(c) The boy and his father.
(d) The boy and his mother.
3. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
(a) Only God should judge people and decide their fate.
(b) Bad things happen because people make poor choices.
(c) Action should be taken to prevent further violence.
(d) God's love extends even to those who commit evil deeds.
4. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A gun.
(b) A missing child.
(c) A murder suspect.
(d) Stolen goods.
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The police and the boy's family.
(b) The IRA and the boy's family.
(c) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(d) The IRA and the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
3. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
4. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)