|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A German sailor.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A local policeman.
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) The boy becomes sick.
(b) She loses her job.
(c) One of her children dies.
(d) Her husband leaves.
3. In October of 1952, where is the boy sent to live?
(a) With his grandfather.
(b) With a neighbor.
(c) With one of his aunts.
(d) With one of his uncles.
4. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
(a) Disobeying your parents.
(c) Sex without love.
(d) Hating your brother.
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Katie McIlhenny.
(b) Aunt Bernadette.
(d) Brigid McLaughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
2. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
3. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
4. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
5. When do the boy's parents marry?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)