|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passages of scripture does the boy find intriguing?
(a) The law of the Old Testament.
(b) The gospel parables.
(c) The prophecies of revelation.
(d) The ones about good and evil.
2. When the boy and his brother, Liam, are taken across the river by their father, what does his father's explanation about Eddie reveal to the boy?
(a) The boy knows more than his father knows.
(b) His father knows nothing of Eddie's disappearance.
(c) His father knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does anyone else.
(d) Liam knows more about Eddie's disappearance than does the boy.
3. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
(a) His father revealed to his wife who killed Eddie in 1926.
(b) His father found out Eddie was innocent in 1926.
(c) His father found out who killed Eddie in 1926.
(d) His father found out about Eddie being an informer in 1926.
4. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
(a) They said he should have just taken the punches.
(b) They said he should have talked the bully out of fighting.
(c) They said he should have run away.
(d) They said he should have stood up for himself.
5. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
2. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
4. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
5. To whom is the boy attracted in Chapter 4?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)