|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The police station.
(c) The naval base.
(d) The distillery.
2. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(b) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
(c) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(d) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
3. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) The records of his death were burned.
(b) Larry does not speak anymore.
(c) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
(d) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
4. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
(a) So that the children will not be poisoned by it.
(b) So that someone will be punished for it.
(c) So that the boy's mother is happy again.
(d) So that he can sleep at night.
5. When do the boy's parents marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong about the boy taking Irene to the cinema?
2. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
3. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
4. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
5. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)