|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
(a) His father found out who killed Eddie in 1926.
(b) His father found out about Eddie being an informer in 1926.
(c) His father revealed to his wife who killed Eddie in 1926.
(d) His father found out Eddie was innocent in 1926.
2. Where is Eddie interrogated?
(a) Behind the house.
(b) At the Donegal farmhouse.
(c) In the shed.
(d) At the distillery.
3. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
(a) Since just after the boy was born.
(b) Since just before she married the boy's father.
(c) Since just after she married the boy's father.
(d) Since a few years ago.
4. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He enlisted in the IRA.
(b) He went to America.
(c) He went to Grianan.
(d) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
5. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their father's brother.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their mother's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
2. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
3. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
4. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
5. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)