|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became paralyzed.
(b) She became sick and died.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) She ran away.
2. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Aunt Bernadette.
(c) Katie McIlhenny.
(d) Brigid McLaughlin.
3. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(a) A pillow.
4. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A wishing chair.
(b) A table chair.
(c) A stool.
(d) A throne.
5. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) The History of Ireland.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire's last expression?
2. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
4. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
5. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)