|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches the boy about sex?
(a) Father Nugent.
(b) His father.
(c) Brother Regan.
(d) His mother.
2. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(b) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
(c) His treatment by the police.
(d) The death of his sister.
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a factory worker.
(b) He is a shopkeeper.
(c) He is an electrician.
(d) He is a salesman.
4. Who is the real informer?
(a) Crazy Joe.
(b) Tony McIlhenny.
(c) Larry McLaughlin.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
5. Which of these statements about the local asylum is true?
(a) It went under right after Eddie's disappearance.
(b) It has a reputation for cruel treatment of patients.
(c) It has a positive turnover rate.
(d) It has only male patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jimmy go to work for several years?
2. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
3. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
4. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
5. When do the boy's parents meet?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)