|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) A policeman.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Brother Regan.
2. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
(a) Cleaning or caning.
(b) Extra homework or cleaning.
(c) Extra homework or caning.
(d) Time out or extra homework.
3. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
(a) Eddie left for America.
(b) Eddie died in a warehouse fire.
(c) Eddie was set up.
(d) Eddie was an informer.
5. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The rebellion of 1798.
(b) The shootout of 1922.
(c) The black death of 1348.
(d) The famine of 1740.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
2. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
3. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
4. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
5. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)