|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He enlisted in the IRA.
(b) He went to America.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He went to Grianan.
3. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The singing.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The gathering.
4. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the police.
(b) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(c) The police and the boy's family.
(d) The IRA and the boy's family.
5. How does Jimmy die?
(a) Broken neck.
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
2. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
3. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
4. When do the boy's parents meet?
5. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)