|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Old age.
(c) An accident.
(d) A stroke.
2. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(b) His father smiles at him.
(c) His father apologizes.
(d) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Katie McIlhenny.
(c) Aunt Bernadette.
(d) Brigid McLaughlin.
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) The evidence was tampered with.
5. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
(a) "Paradise was not far away when I died."
(b) "Silence follows those who know the truth."
(c) "We only live once."
(d) "The queen smiles for a day."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
3. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
4. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
5. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)