|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the boy's parents meet?
2. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He wanders.
(c) He does not talk.
(d) He tells stories.
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A wishing chair.
(b) A throne.
(c) A table chair.
(d) A stool.
4. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) The records of his death were burned.
(b) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
(c) Larry does not speak anymore.
(d) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
5. Where does Charlie McCabe frequent?
(a) The library.
(c) The distillery.
(d) The brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
3. Why is the boy punished in 1954 by the Dean?
4. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
5. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)