|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the girl return Jimmy's affection?
(a) She moves away.
(b) She lives a life of celibacy.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She doesn't associate with his family.
2. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
(a) He thinks that she already knows the truth but is hiding it.
(b) He thinks she is too sensitive to handle the truth.
(c) He doesn't think she deserves to know.
(d) He is afraid of her reaction.
3. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
(a) To run away.
(b) To talk to his mother.
(c) To hide in his room.
(d) To talk to his father.
4. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
(a) She didn't have enough time to prepare dinner.
(b) She didn't expect them to return so soon.
(c) She knows her husband told the boys about Eddie.
(d) She didn't want the boys on the river.
5. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her pills.
(c) Her dress.
(d) The gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
3. To what does Father Nugent compare murder?
4. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
5. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)