|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's mother say out-of-the-blue while he is washing dishes with his father?
(a) "Paradise was not far away when I died."
(b) "The queen smiles for a day."
(c) "Silence follows those who know the truth."
(d) "We only live once."
2. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The shootout of 1922.
(b) The rebellion of 1798.
(c) The famine of 1740.
(d) The black death of 1348.
3. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
(d) The boy narrator.
4. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and his father.
(b) The boy and Una, his sister.
(c) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(d) The boy and his mother.
5. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
(a) So that someone will be punished for it.
(b) So that the children will not be poisoned by it.
(c) So that he can sleep at night.
(d) So that the boy's mother is happy again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
2. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
3. What eventually happens to Danno?
4. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
5. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)