|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(b) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(c) He is beaten by the police.
(d) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
2. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
(a) He tells stories.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He wanders.
(d) He does not talk.
3. Who does Larry meet on his way home from Grianan?
(a) The devil-woman.
(b) Crazy Joe.
(c) Sergeant Burke.
(d) The boy's grandfather.
4. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
(a) Her pills.
(b) Her dress.
(c) The gun.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What happens to the boy's mother after she stops taking the medicine?
(a) She becomes healthier.
(b) Her state of mind improves.
(c) She loses her memory.
(d) She becomes suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
2. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
3. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
4. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
5. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)