|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
(a) So that the boy's mother is happy again.
(b) So that the children will not be poisoned by it.
(c) So that he can sleep at night.
(d) So that someone will be punished for it.
2. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
(a) It floods.
(b) It explodes.
(c) It is rebuilt.
(d) It is shutdown.
3. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
(a) He thinks she is too sensitive to handle the truth.
(b) He is afraid of her reaction.
(c) He thinks that she already knows the truth but is hiding it.
(d) He doesn't think she deserves to know.
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) The evidence was tampered with.
5. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
3. What happens to the boy's mother after she stops taking the medicine?
4. Who is Katie?
5. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)