|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the title of the novel get its name?
(a) The confusion the boy feels by not understanding what he reads.
(b) The boy's reading of his first book.
(c) The loneliness of reading alone and the boy's feeling of being alone.
(d) The sadness felt by the boy after being forced to read only at night.
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He enlisted in the IRA.
(b) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(c) He went to America.
(d) He went to Grianan.
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is an electrician.
(c) He is a factory worker.
(d) He is a shopkeeper.
4. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(b) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(c) The souls of orphans.
(d) The souls of those who were murdered.
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) A policeman.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
3. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
5. Who is Meave?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)