|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(b) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
(c) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(d) He is beaten by the police.
2. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A murder suspect.
(b) A missing child.
(c) Stolen goods.
(d) A gun.
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) She senses a ghost nearby.
(b) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(c) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(d) Someone outside will see him.
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) August 11.
(b) September 14.
(c) November 21.
(d) May 7.
5. Who is Meave?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) Katie's daughter.
(c) The boy's niece.
(d) Eddie's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
2. Who is Katie?
3. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
5. Where does the boy's father work?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)