|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(b) The boy and Una, his sister.
(c) The boy and his father.
(d) The boy and his mother.
2. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of orphans.
(b) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(c) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(d) The souls of those who were murdered.
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A local policeman.
(d) A German sailor.
4. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Brother Regan.
(b) Rory Hannaway.
(c) Neil McLaughlin.
(d) Billy Mahon.
5. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The naval base.
(b) The distillery.
(c) The docks.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
2. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
3. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
4. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)