|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
(a) Their voices switch.
(b) Their hair changes color.
(c) Their reflections in the mirror disappear.
(d) They both change genders.
2. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
(a) She became paralyzed.
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She became sick and died.
(d) She ran away.
3. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
(a) She never leaves her house.
(b) She pretends the children have never left.
(c) She sings the children's song once a year.
(d) She skips wherever she goes.
4. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a shopkeeper.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is an electrician.
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to America.
(b) He went to Grianan.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He enlisted in the IRA.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
2. Who is Meave?
3. Who is Billy Mahon?
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
5. Who does the boy find out is responsible for the murder of 1921?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)