|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boy's father's parents die?
(a) Killed at the shootout at the distillery.
(b) Old age.
(c) An accident.
2. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(b) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(c) Put on costumes.
(d) Sing songs.
3. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They have both lost their jobs.
(c) They have lost their ability to speak.
(d) They both cannot see.
4. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The evidence was tampered with.
(c) The murder suspect disappeared.
(d) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
5. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Poor Old Woman.
(b) The Lovely Dark Land.
(c) The Land of Poverty.
(d) The Conflict of Past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
2. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
3. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
4. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)