|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
(b) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(c) She senses a ghost nearby.
(d) Someone outside will see him.
2. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the distillery.
(c) In the market.
(d) In the streets.
3. Which three males are attacked at the end of the chapter?
(a) The boy, his brother Liam, and their father.
(b) Brother Regan, the boy, and his father.
(c) The boy, his father, and Rory Hannaway.
(d) Rory Hannaway, Neil McLaughlin, and the boy's uncle.
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The bonfires.
(b) The singing.
(c) The gathering.
(d) The dancing.
5. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
2. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
3. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
4. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)