|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
(a) His sympathy for the Protestant police.
(b) What he finds in his sister's wardrobe.
(c) The book he reads in the dark.
(d) His mother's depression.
2. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the police.
(b) The police and the boy's family.
(c) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(d) The IRA and the boy's family.
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A German sailor.
(d) A local policeman.
4. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The dancing.
(b) The singing.
(c) The gathering.
(d) The bonfires.
5. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The distillery.
(b) The docks.
(c) The naval base.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy Mahon?
2. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
4. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
5. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)