|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Lovely Dark Land.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Conflict of Past.
(d) The Land of Poverty.
2. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(a) Brigid McLaughlin.
(b) Aunt Bernadette.
(c) Katie McIlhenny.
3. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(d) Put on costumes.
4. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
5. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A local policeman.
(c) A German sailor.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy's father work?
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
5. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)