|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their mother's sister.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their father's brother.
2. What novel is the first book the boy has ever read?
(a) The History of Ireland.
(b) The Poor Old Woman.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Paradise Lost.
3. What does the boy find in the wardrobe of his sister's bedroom?
(a) A flower.
(c) A gun.
(d) A photo album.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
(a) It floods.
(b) It is rebuilt.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is shutdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
3. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)