|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
(a) They both cannot see.
(b) They have both lost their jobs.
(c) They have lost their ability to speak.
(d) They are killed.
2. Who is Katie?
(a) The boy's grandmother.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The boy's father's aunt.
(d) The boy's mother's sister.
3. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their mother's sister.
(c) Their father's brother.
(d) Their grandfather.
4. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) August 11.
(b) September 14.
(c) May 7.
(d) November 21.
5. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The shutdown of the distillery.
(b) The death of a policeman.
(c) The prohibition of alcohol.
(d) The founding of Northern Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
2. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
3. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
4. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
5. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)