|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
2. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is framed for murder.
(d) He is pushed off the bridge.
3. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
4. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
5. What happens to the boy when the police come to search the house?
(a) He is told to leave the house so they can search it.
(b) He is beaten by the police.
(c) He is hidden in the attic by his father.
(d) He is taken to the jail for further interrogation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
3. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
4. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
5. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)