|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
(b) The death of the boy's sister.
(c) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
(d) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
2. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) There wasn't enough evidence.
(b) The murder suspect disappeared.
(c) The evidence was tampered with.
(d) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
3. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is pushed off the bridge.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is framed for murder.
4. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To a sick relative's house.
(b) To his teacher.
(c) To his father.
(d) To a grave.
5. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(b) He enlisted in the IRA.
(c) He went to Grianan.
(d) He went to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
2. Who is Billy Mahon?
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
4. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
5. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)