|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the boy's family.
(b) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
(c) The IRA and the police.
(d) The police and the boy's family.
2. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The shutdown of the distillery.
(b) The prohibition of alcohol.
(c) The death of a policeman.
(d) The founding of Northern Ireland.
3. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
(a) The Land of Poverty.
(b) The Lovely Dark Land.
(c) The Conflict of Past.
(d) The Poor Old Woman.
4. Who is Billy Mahon?
(a) A priest.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) A neighbor.
5. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The naval base.
(b) The distillery.
(c) The docks.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
3. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
4. Who is the heroine of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Where did the shoot-out of 1922 occur?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)