|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. How does Rory Hannaway die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Contracted meningitis.
(c) Beaten to death by thieves.
(d) Killed by a reversing lorry.
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(b) The souls of those who were murdered.
(c) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(d) The souls of orphans.
4. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
(a) The conflict between the police and the IRA.
(b) The death of the boy's sister.
(c) The disappearance of the boy's uncle.
(d) The conflict between the Catholics and the Protestants.
5. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
(a) The Field of the Disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
2. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
3. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
4. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
5. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)