|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
(a) November 21.
(b) August 11.
(c) September 14.
(d) May 7.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
4. What happens to Billy Mahon?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is framed for murder.
(c) He is pushed off the bridge.
(d) He is robbed.
5. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A wishing chair.
(b) A throne.
(c) A stool.
(d) A table chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
2. What does Brother Regan teach the boys at the school in December of 1948?
3. What key theme of the novel is introduced in Chapter 1?
4. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
5. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)