|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(a) A pillow.
2. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) Rory Hannaway.
(d) Billy Mahon.
3. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A missing child.
(b) A gun.
(c) A murder suspect.
(d) Stolen goods.
4. Who is Jimmy from Chapter 4?
(a) One of the boy's uncles.
(b) Grenaghan's grandfather.
(c) A clergyman at the church.
(d) A neighbor.
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The dancing.
(b) The gathering.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
3. When does Tony McIlhenny disappear?
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
5. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)