|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
2. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The shutdown of the distillery.
(b) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(c) The death of a policeman.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
3. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a shopkeeper.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is an electrician.
(d) He is a salesman.
4. What causes the boy to have nightmares?
(a) The death of his sister.
(b) His treatment by the police.
(c) Stories of the murder trial of 1922.
(d) His mother's unsuccessful suicide attempts caused by her depression.
5. In Chapter 1, what causes the boy's mother to become inconsolable?
(a) The boy becomes sick.
(b) Her husband leaves.
(c) One of her children dies.
(d) She loses her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
2. Who is Danno Bredin?
3. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
4. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
5. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)