|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people believe lay below the ruins of Grianan?
(a) The souls of those who had disappeared.
(b) The ghosts of unborn children.
(c) The bodies of legendary ancient warriors.
(d) The souls of those who did not have a Christian burial.
2. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
(a) The literature section.
(b) The adult section.
(c) The history section.
(d) The art section.
3. Who tells the boy about the murder of 1921?
(a) Neil McLaughlin.
(b) Brother Regan.
(c) Rory Hannaway.
(d) Billy Mahon.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Which of the boy's relatives dies in October 1949?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
3. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
4. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
5. What does Jimmy do before he is found dead?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)