|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
(a) The groom is black.
(b) It is too far to travel.
(c) Meave is pregnant.
(d) The wedding is on a workday.
2. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The naval base.
(b) The docks.
(c) The distillery.
(d) The police station.
3. Who is Meave?
(a) The boy's niece.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) Katie's daughter.
(d) Eddie's daughter.
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The prohibition of alcohol.
(b) The shutdown of the distillery.
(c) The death of a policeman.
(d) The founding of Northern Ireland.
5. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Mahon?
2. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
3. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
4. How does Jimmy die?
5. What makes the boy feel distinctly uncomfortable in Chapter 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)