|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
(a) Because she didn't want Katie to know Eddie was the informer.
(b) Because she would have to reveal that Katie's husband was the informer.
(c) Because Katie knew nothing about Eddie's disappearance.
(d) Because she didn't want to tell Katie that Eddie was executed.
2. Who gives a gun to the boy's father?
(a) A German sailor.
(b) A local policeman.
(c) A family friend.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The rebellion of 1798.
(b) The shootout of 1922.
(c) The famine of 1740.
(d) The black death of 1348.
4. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
5. Where does Charlie McCabe frequent?
(a) The distillery.
(c) The brothel.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
2. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
3. What is going to be built across the river?
4. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)