|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The famine of 1740.
(b) The rebellion of 1798.
(c) The shootout of 1922.
(d) The black death of 1348.
2. What is going to be built across the river?
(a) Catholic church.
(b) British oxygen plant.
(c) Police station.
(d) Private farmhouse.
3. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
(a) The boy tells his father he hates him.
(b) The boy tells his father he should be blaming Eddie.
(c) The boy doesn't stop talking.
(d) His father is drunk.
4. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The police and the boy's family.
(b) The IRA and the boy's family.
(c) The IRA and the police.
(d) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
5. Who is the hero of the novel the boy reads in the dark?
Short Answer Questions
1. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
2. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
3. What happens to both Brigid and Larry in Chapter 2?
4. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)