|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of most of the songs the Catholics sing on the Feast of Assumption?
(a) The famine of 1740.
(b) The shootout of 1922.
(c) The rebellion of 1798.
(d) The black death of 1348.
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to Grianan.
(b) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(c) He went to America.
(d) He enlisted in the IRA.
3. How old was the boy's father when he was left in charge of the family?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The bonfires.
(d) The singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
2. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
3. What reason does the boy's mother give for not taking her medicine?
4. What does Katie's sister tell her that upsets her?
5. Where does the boy tell his father in Chapter 2 that he would like to go?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)