|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
(a) Play in the Field of the Disappeared.
(b) Put flowers on their parents' graves.
(c) Put on costumes.
(d) Sing songs.
2. Who is Meave?
(a) The boy's niece.
(b) Eddie's daughter.
(c) Katie's daughter.
(d) The boy's sister.
3. The famous shoot-out in 1922 was between which two groups of people?
(a) The IRA and the police.
(b) The IRA and the boy's family.
(c) The police and the boy's family.
(d) The boy's uncles and the IRA.
4. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A gun.
(b) A murder suspect.
(c) A missing child.
(d) Stolen goods.
5. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
(a) Larry isn't ready to get married.
(b) Larry has become insane.
(c) Larry has cheated on this soon-to-be wife.
(d) Larry doesn't want to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy's father do for a living?
2. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
4. What happened to the boy's sister, Una, in 1948?
5. How does the boy's grandfather die?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)