|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches the boy's math class?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
2. What does the boy realize about his mother after the onset of her depression?
(a) She was involved in Eddie's death.
(b) She had been in love with someone other than his father.
(c) She is faking her depression.
(d) He doesn't trust his mother.
3. After the incident with the rose bushes, the boy stays in his room for more than a day without what?
(c) A pillow.
4. In Chapter 1, where does the boy's mother ask him to take flowers?
(a) To his teacher.
(b) To his father.
(c) To a grave.
(d) To a sick relative's house.
5. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
(a) Her pills.
(b) Her dress.
(c) The gun.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy after he takes the girl to the cinema?
2. What does "The Shan Van Vocht" mean?
3. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
4. What information does Katie have over her sister?
5. When Katie goes to England to attend her daughter's wedding, why does the rest of her family refuse to attend?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)