|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jimmy die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Broken neck.
(d) Gunshot wound.
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He went to America.
(b) He went to Grianan.
(c) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
(d) He enlisted in the IRA.
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) She senses a ghost nearby.
(b) Someone outside will see him.
(c) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(d) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
4. How does the boy's grandfather die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) An accident.
(c) A stroke.
(d) Old age.
5. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
(a) He wanders.
(b) He tells stories.
(c) He is missing.
(d) He does not talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
2. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
3. Where does the boy's father work?
4. What does the boy's mother tell him to put in the fire?
5. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)