|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
(a) He thought Frank was guilty at the time.
(b) He had evidence that Frank was involved in Eddie's death.
(d) To keep Frank out of jail.
2. In which class do the boys discuss the speech given by the army chaplain?
(a) English class.
(b) Geography class.
(c) History class.
(d) Math class.
3. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
(a) She always knew McIlhenny was an informer.
(b) She didn't really like Tony.
(c) She was always insane.
(d) She always knew about Eddie's death.
4. Who tells the boy's father about Eddie's killing?
(b) The boy's mother.
(c) Ena and Bernadette.
5. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(c) The plague.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was McIlhenny involved with before he marries Katie?
2. Which section of the library does Crazy Joe frequent?
3. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
4. When do the boy's parents marry?
5. After his mother tells him much of the story of Eddie's death at the end of Chapter 5, why is the boy still hurt?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)