|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the boy's parents meet?
2. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Their mother's sister.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their father's brother.
3. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(b) For beating up Frank.
(c) For cheating on his wife.
(d) For killing Eddie.
4. How does the boy describe how he got rid of the infestation in Chapter 3?
(a) He hired an exterminator.
(b) He had the dogs eat them.
(c) He flooded the nests.
(d) He threw burning rags on them.
5. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
(a) Eddie left for America.
(b) Eddie died in a warehouse fire.
(c) Eddie was an informer.
(d) Eddie was set up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy conclude about his mother during Chapter 5?
2. On what day do the Francis and Frances' parents die?
3. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
4. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
5. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)