|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For beating up Frank.
(b) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(c) For cheating on his wife.
(d) For killing Eddie.
2. What is going to be built across the river?
(a) Catholic church.
(b) Private farmhouse.
(c) Police station.
(d) British oxygen plant.
3. According to the local belief his father told the boy, who gathers at the Field of the Disappeared at Christmas and other festivals?
(a) The souls of those who have not had a Christian burial.
(b) The souls of orphans.
(c) The souls of children who died at a young age.
(d) The souls of those who were murdered.
4. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
(a) His father apologizes.
(b) His father comes in and kisses his head.
(c) His father smiles at him.
(d) His father tells him he understands why his son did it.
5. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The details of Eddie's death.
(b) The story of Brigid.
(c) An essay for school.
(d) An apology letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
2. Who teaches the boy's math class?
3. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
4. According to the boy's father, how long has the boy's mother known about Eddie?
5. What does the boy's grandfather reveal about Eddie in Chapter 3?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)