|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Walk him to the library.
(b) Sing him some songs.
(c) Tell him about Eddie.
(d) Show him the way to the park.
2. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
(a) They said he should have run away.
(b) They said he should have just taken the punches.
(c) They said he should have talked the bully out of fighting.
(d) They said he should have stood up for himself.
3. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The story of Brigid.
(b) An apology letter.
(c) The details of Eddie's death.
(d) An essay for school.
4. What does the boy try to do after his talk with Sergeant Burke in Chapter 3?
(a) To hide in his room.
(b) To talk to his father.
(c) To talk to his mother.
(d) To run away.
5. To whom is Larry McLaughlin related?
(b) The boy narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katie?
2. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
3. What do Frances and Francis do every day?
4. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
5. When does the boy's mother find out the truth about Eddie?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)