|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(a) New York.
2. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The story of Brigid.
(b) An apology letter.
(c) The details of Eddie's death.
(d) An essay for school.
3. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
(a) What happened to Tony.
(b) Where Eddie was killed.
(c) Who the real informer was.
(d) Who killed Eddie.
4. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
(a) Because she didn't want Katie to know Eddie was the informer.
(b) Because she would have to reveal that Katie's husband was the informer.
(c) Because Katie knew nothing about Eddie's disappearance.
(d) Because she didn't want to tell Katie that Eddie was executed.
5. What does Sergeant Burke suggest to the boy as he gives him a ride home?
(a) That the boy's father doesn't know what really happened to Eddie.
(b) That Eddie was killed.
(c) That the boy's father is responsible for Eddie's disappearance.
(d) That Eddie was involved in something dangerous before his disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
2. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the real informer?
4. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
5. In Chapter 2, at what time does the grandfather clock strike before it stops for good?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)