|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
(a) She is losing her voice.
(b) The orphans keep changing.
(c) She sees ghosts out the window.
(d) She keeps losing things.
2. Which of these statements about the local asylum is true?
(a) It went under right after Eddie's disappearance.
(b) It has only male patients.
(c) It has a reputation for cruel treatment of patients.
(d) It has a positive turnover rate.
3. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
(a) Walk him to the library.
(b) Tell him about Eddie.
(c) Sing him some songs.
(d) Show him the way to the park.
4. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their father's brother.
(c) Their mother's sister.
(d) Their grandfather.
5. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) The swamps.
(b) A nearby dumping ground.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katie?
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
3. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
4. Where does Tony McIlhenny disappear to?
5. What do the boy's parents suggest he should have done instead of involving Sergeant Burke when he was being bullied?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)