|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
2. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The naval base.
(c) The distillery.
(d) The docks.
3. When do the boy's parents meet?
4. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
(a) His father is drunk.
(b) The boy tells his father he hates him.
(c) The boy tells his father he should be blaming Eddie.
(d) The boy doesn't stop talking.
5. How do the boy's father's parents die?
(a) Killed at the shootout at the distillery.
(b) Old age.
(d) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the boys' mother upset when they return from their boat ride across the river?
2. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
3. How long are Bernadette and Ena kept in the shed until the boy's father finds them?
4. After his mother tells him much of the story of Eddie's death at the end of Chapter 5, why is the boy still hurt?
5. What color is the light above the graves of Francis and Frances' parents?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)