|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Larry meet on his way home from Grianan?
(a) Sergeant Burke.
(b) The boy's grandfather.
(c) The devil-woman.
(d) Crazy Joe.
2. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
(a) He thought Frank was guilty at the time.
(c) To keep Frank out of jail.
(d) He had evidence that Frank was involved in Eddie's death.
3. What type of stone chair is hidden in the ruins of Grianan?
(a) A throne.
(b) A wishing chair.
(c) A table chair.
(d) A stool.
4. What does the boy write down in the exercise book?
(a) The details of Eddie's death.
(b) An essay for school.
(c) The story of Brigid.
(d) An apology letter.
5. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
(b) Brigid McLaughlin.
(c) Katie McIlhenny.
(d) Aunt Bernadette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does the boy use to his advantage because his parents do not understand it?
2. Which one of these characters does not know the truth about Eddie's death in Chapter 5?
3. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
4. Upon what does the Anglican army chaplain say communism is based?
5. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)