|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Meave?
(a) The boy's niece.
(b) Katie's daughter.
(c) Eddie's daughter.
(d) The boy's sister.
2. After his parents die, Eddie leaves. Where does everyone think he went?
(a) He enlisted in the IRA.
(b) He went to Grianan.
(c) He went to America.
(d) He skipped town with his girlfriend.
3. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The Irish version.
(b) The English version.
(c) The final version.
(d) The miscopied version.
4. What causes the priest to call off Larry McLaughlin's wedding?
(a) Larry has cheated on this soon-to-be wife.
(b) Larry has become insane.
(c) Larry doesn't want to get married.
(d) Larry isn't ready to get married.
5. From which part of the traditions of both Protestants and Catholics does the boy derive excitement?
(a) The gathering.
(b) The dancing.
(c) The singing.
(d) The bonfires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
2. Where are the boy's father's sisters sent to live after the death of their parents?
3. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
4. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
5. Why does Brigid think she is going mad?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)