|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy's father do for a living?
(a) He is a salesman.
(b) He is a factory worker.
(c) He is an electrician.
(d) He is a shopkeeper.
2. When do Eddie's parents die?
3. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The founding of Northern Ireland.
(b) The death of a policeman.
(c) The shutdown of the distillery.
(d) The prohibition of alcohol.
4. When does the boy's mother find out the truth about Eddie?
(a) She never learns the truth of Eddie's death.
(b) After she marries the boy's father.
(c) Right before her father dies.
(d) After Tony disappears.
5. In which class do the boys discuss the speech given by the army chaplain?
(a) Math class.
(b) Geography class.
(c) History class.
(d) English class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a specific characteristic of Brigid's behavior after the children disappear?
2. Why does the boy ride home with Sergeant Burke in the police car?
3. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
4. What is going to be built across the river?
5. In what language does the boy write the final copy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)