|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the boy's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The naval base.
(c) The police station.
(d) The distillery.
2. Where do the police help McIlhenny escape to after he was tipped off to the boy's grandfather in 1926?
(d) New York.
3. What is the first physical change Francis and Frances encounter?
(a) Their hair changes color.
(b) Their reflections in the mirror disappear.
(c) They both change genders.
(d) Their voices switch.
4. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
(a) For revealing McIlhenny as the informer.
(b) For killing Eddie.
(c) For cheating on his wife.
(d) For beating up Frank.
5. What does Crazy Joe reveal to the boy?
(a) He knows why Larry has stopped talking.
(b) He knows who tipped off McIlhenny.
(c) He saw McIlhenny get out of the Sergeant's car in July 1926.
(d) He saw Eddie die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the boy that some families are devil-haunted?
2. How does the boy's grandfather die?
3. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
4. What is distinct about Larry McLaughlin's character?
5. Who is Ena?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)