|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these statements about the local asylum is true?
(a) It has a positive turnover rate.
(b) It went under right after Eddie's disappearance.
(c) It has only male patients.
(d) It has a reputation for cruel treatment of patients.
2. Where is Eddie interrogated?
(a) At the distillery.
(b) In the shed.
(c) At the Donegal farmhouse.
(d) Behind the house.
3. What information about the family secret does the boy know in Chapter 3 that his parents do not know?
(a) Where Eddie was killed.
(b) Who killed Eddie.
(c) Who the real informer was.
(d) What happened to Tony.
4. What are the IRA gunmen protesting at the shootout at the distillery?
(a) The shutdown of the distillery.
(b) The death of a policeman.
(c) The prohibition of alcohol.
(d) The founding of Northern Ireland.
5. An army chaplain comes to the school to talk to the boys about what?
(b) The plague.
(c) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sergeant Burke apologize in 1957?
2. How long does the boy piece together that his father knew the full story about Eddie being an informant?
3. Why does the boy's father hit him in Chapter 3?
4. When do the boy's parents meet?
5. Why does Sergeant Burke want the situation with Eddie's death cleared up?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)