|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ena?
(a) The boy's grandmother.
(b) The boy's mother's sister.
(c) The boy's father's sister.
(d) The boy's sister.
2. Why does the boy's mother lie to Katie about why the boy's father started drinking again?
(a) Because Katie knew nothing about Eddie's disappearance.
(b) Because she didn't want to tell Katie that Eddie was executed.
(c) Because she didn't want Katie to know Eddie was the informer.
(d) Because she would have to reveal that Katie's husband was the informer.
3. What causes the infestation mentioned in Chapter 3?
(a) An abandoned warehouse.
(b) The swamps.
(c) An abandoned house.
(d) A nearby dumping ground.
4. Where is Eddie interrogated?
(a) In the shed.
(b) Behind the house.
(c) At the distillery.
(d) At the Donegal farmhouse.
5. What version of the boy's story does he burn?
(a) The Irish version.
(b) The English version.
(c) The final version.
(d) The miscopied version.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that lets the boy know his father isn't upset anymore about the rose bushes?
2. What does the boy think happened to Eddie in the secret passage of Grianan?
3. In what ways are the boys in the math class punished if they do not answer the questions correctly?
4. Why do the boy's father's drinking binges stop between 1920 and 1926?
5. In September 1954, the boy's teacher asks several unanswerable questions in which class?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)