One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the boy not tell his mother everything he knows about Eddie's death?
(a) He thinks she is too sensitive to handle the truth.
(b) He is afraid of her reaction.
(c) He doesn't think she deserves to know.
(d) He thinks that she already knows the truth but is hiding it.
2. What happens to the distillery after the shootout?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It is rebuilt.
(c) It is shutdown.
(d) It floods.
3. When Sergeant Burke comes to talk to the boy's mother, what does he reveal as his reason for beating her husband?
(b) To keep Frank out of jail.
(c) He thought Frank was guilty at the time.
(d) He had evidence that Frank was involved in Eddie's death.
4. In Chapter 2, the boy remembers being trapped where?
(a) In the secret passage of Grianan.
(b) In the basement of the distillery.
(c) In his sister's bedroom.
(d) In the church after service.
5. Why will no one ever know what really happened to Eddie in the secret passageway of Grianan?
(a) The records of his death were burned.
(b) No one was there to witness what happened after he was sealed inside the passageway.
(c) Those who know were sworn to secrecy.
(d) Larry does not speak anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the boy's parents marry?
2. What does Crazy Joe say Larry's mysterious woman turns into?
3. Who is hired to look after the two children, Francis and Frances?
4. After his mother tells him much of the story of Eddie's death at the end of Chapter 5, why is the boy still hurt?
5. When the boy encounters Crazy Joe in Chapter 5, what does Crazy Joe ask him to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)