1. Which two characters are introduced first at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The boy and his father.
(b) The boy and Una, his sister.
(c) The boy and Rory Hannaway.
(d) The boy and his mother.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. In Chapter 1, why doesn't the boy's mother want him to cross by the window at the top of the stairs?
(a) She senses a ghost nearby.
(b) Rain is pouring in from the open window.
(c) Someone outside will see him.
(d) The window is broken and glass shards cover the floor.
4. In June 1948, what does the boy witness?
(a) The death of a young boy.
(b) The house burn down.
(c) His mother attempt suicide.
(d) His father leave town.
5. In 1949, the police arrive at the boy's house in search of what?
(a) A gun.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A murder suspect.
(d) A missing child.
6. Why is the murder case of 1921 thrown out of court?
(a) The murder suspect had a proven alibi.
(b) There wasn't enough evidence.
(c) The evidence was tampered with.
(d) The murder suspect disappeared.
This section contains 4,765 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)