* The narrator is introduced as a young boy from a family of seven children.
* The death of Rory Hannaway causes the boy to feel sympathy for the Protestant police.
* The boy learns that his grandfather is responsible for the death of Billy Mahon, a policeman.
* The boy overhears his uncles discussing the disappearance of his father's brother, Eddie.
* The boy's sister, Una, dies of meningitis.
* The boy learns of his uncle, Tony McIlhenny, who left for America while his wife was pregnant.
* Aunt Katie tells the children about two orphans, Francis and Frances.
* Aunt Ena dies.
* The boy's father tells him about the Field of the Disappeared.
* The boy tells of spending time at Grianan, a set of ruins with a secret passageway leading to a stone wishing chair.
* The boy meets Crazy Joe who tells him of Larry McLaughlin.
* The boy gets a ride...
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)