|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Michael eventually take?
(a) A research job with a legal professor.
(b) Another clerk position.
(c) A job working at a hospital.
(d) A job as a streetcar conductor.
2. What has Michael noticed about Hanna's voice at the end of Part 3, Chapter 9?
(a) It sounds like music.
(b) It is harsh and ragged.
(c) It has stayed young.
(d) She is barely audible.
3. What sentences did the other defendants receive?
(a) They are acquitted of all charges.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Terms in jail.
4. What is Hanna wearing for the sentencing?
(a) A red suit and white blouse.
(b) A black suit and white blouse.
(c) A navy blue suit.
(d) A dress.
5. In the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 7, what does Michael say he had never thought about at the time?
(a) His parent's deaths.
(b) Hanna's release.
(c) His own path in life.
(d) Hanna's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael paying attention to during his discussion in Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. How does Michael get to his destination in Chapter 14?
3. Why is Michael annoyed at the end of the Part 3, Chapter 9?
4. What time of year is it in Chapter 3, Part 3?
5. What time of year does Michael revisit his destination from Part 2, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the driver Michael hitches a ride with in Chapter 14.
2. Although Michael is happy, why does he also feel sorry for Hanna?
3. In Chapter 17, how does Michael describe Hanna at her sentencing?
4. What happens when Michael goes to talk to the judge in Chapter 16?
5. What does Michael do with his own writing?
6. What does Michael receive at the beginning of Chapter 6, and why does this cause him great joy?
7. What does Michael do to prepare for Hanna's release in Chapter 9?
8. What does Michael dream about on the train from Boston to New York, on the way to visit the daughter from the trial?
9. How does Michael react after reading the letter in Chapter 7?
10. Describe what is said in the letter Michael receives from the prison warden.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)