|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one area of Michael's specialty?
(a) Law of the Third Reich.
(b) Divorce law.
(c) Psychology of criminals.
2. What does Michael say that illiteracy is?
3. What time of year is it in Chapter 3, Part 3?
4. What is Michael's wife's name?
5. What novel does Michael reread at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hanna address Michael?
2. What is Michael's daughter's name?
3. Who does Michael defend in Part 2, Chapter 15?
4. What must Michael decide after his last state exam?
5. What does Michael do to stay awake, after he and his wife separate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael decide to do after he and Gertrud separate in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the situation that happens at the restaurant in Chapter 15.
3. What does Michael dream about on the train from Boston to New York, on the way to visit the daughter from the trial?
4. What does Michael notice about himself after he is taken to the hospital with fever?
5. What happens when Michael speaks to Hanna, right before she is released, at the end of chapter 9?
6. What does Michael do to prepare for Hanna's release in Chapter 9?
7. What does Michael say about his relationships after Gertrud?
8. What does Michael receive at the beginning of Chapter 6, and why does this cause him great joy?
9. Describe the driver Michael hitches a ride with in Chapter 14.
10. What decision does Michael struggle with at the beginning of Chapter 4, and why?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)