|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael leave for Hanna when they are in Amorbach?
(a) A note telling her he can no longer see her.
(b) A flower.
(c) A book.
(d) A note that says he will return shortly with breakfast.
2. As described in Part 2, Chapter 11, what does Michael feel he should do regarding his epiphany about Hanna?
(a) To go to the judge to tell him Hanna is illiterate and could not have written the report.
(b) Become a witness in the trial.
(c) Go to the judge to tell him Hanna is innocent.
(d) Go to the judge and testify against Hanna.
3. Where does Michael go in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) He goes to visit his parents childhood home.
(b) He goes to Struthof, a former concentration camp.
(c) He goes to Auschwitz, a former concentration camp.
(d) He goes to visit Sophie.
4. What is the first thing the narrator notices when he returns to Frau Schmitz's apartment in Chapter 6?
(a) That no apartment existed.
(b) Frau Schmitz is not home.
(c) The apartment has new inhabitants.
(d) The apartment is slated for demolition.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 13, the trials move to a new location. Where does the trial take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 1, where does Michael move during the summer after the trial?
2. What is Hanna's answer to the judge's question, "why did you not unlock the doors?"
3. What is Michael paying attention to during his discussion in Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. What invitation does Michael accept during Christmas vacation?
5. How does Michael feel at the end of Part 2, Chapter 16?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)