Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• The narrator has hepatitis and explains how he has been bedridden.
• The narrator remembers how a woman rescued him from getting sick on the street and took him to her home.
• The narrator describes the building where the woman lives, and his dreams in which he sees the building in different places.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• The narrator learns the woman's name is Frau Schmitz, he returns to give her flowers and thank her for taking care of him.
• The narrator describes the woman and her small apartment.
• As the narrator turns to go, the woman says she has to leave as well, and needs to change her clothes.
• The narrator watches her change clothes, and she notices--so he runs away and out of the building.
Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 1, Chapter 6
• One week later, the narrator returns to the apartment after thinking it over at...
This section contains 2,118 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)