Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
2. What does he order Elliott not to do?
3. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
4. What is Hakim's?
5. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
Essay Topic 1
The Razor's Edge is a famous book which has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book written after The Razor's Edge that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920's. How does Maugham express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1920's.
1) Why was greed and loyalty such an issue during this time?
2) In what ways are the characters' negative characteristics a product of their time? Do you think America was going through a transitional phase in the 1920's? What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3)Does modern society share any values with 1920's America?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)