|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
2. What does he order Elliott not to do?
3. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
4. What is Hakim's?
5. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Indian culture. What influence has it had on America and the western world in terms of politics, arts and religion. Why would Larry go to India to find himself?
Essay Topic 2
The novel is set mostly in Paris.
1) What meaning does Paris bring to the novel? What would you automatically presume about a novel that was set in Paris?
2) How different do you think today's Paris is to the Paris in the novel? How do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's Paris?
3) How do you think the Paris settings of the novel contributes to the novel's spiritual meaning?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the following statement: "The Razor's Edge fails because it examines the effects of the First World War from too privileged a viewpoint." Using two examples from the book argue for or against the statement.
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)