Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
2. What does he order Elliott not to do?
3. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
4. What is Hakim's?
5. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
Examine Indian culture. What influence has it had on America and the western world in terms of politics, arts and religion. Why would Larry go to India to find himself?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1920's. How does Maugham express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novel's meaning would change if it were set in today's society?
Look at the novel's characterization. How well drawn do you think Maugham's characters are? Select one of the minor characters such as Mrs.Bradley and discuss how much you know about her background. In what ways does Maugham provide the reader with information about that character?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)