|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry say Sophie used to do when she was younger?
2. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
3. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
4. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
5. What is the name of the man Sophie marries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Isabel's thoughts on love?
2. Why does Larry leave Paris?
3. Describe Gray Maturin
4. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
5. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
6. What does Maugham say he has changed about the real story?
7. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
8. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
9. Describe Suzanne's time with Larry in the country.
10. Describe Elliott
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the following statement: "The Razor's Edge fails because it examines the effects of the First World War from too privileged a viewpoint." Using two examples from the book argue for or against the statement.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Maugham's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Larry and Sophie.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)