|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Elliott's costume?
(a) A Prince de Lauria
(b) A Duke de Lauria
(c) A Lord de Lauria
(d) A Count de Lauria
2. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
3. Where does Elliott say he should have never left?
4. In her note, what does Isabel say has happened?
(a) Something terrible
(b) Someting very funny
(c) Something unbelievable
(d) Something strange
5. Who knocks on Maugham door at his house on the Riviera?
(a) The FBI
(b) His brother
(d) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Larry's book?
2. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
3. What is the name of Ganesha's compound?
4. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
5. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cafe in which Maugham and Larry drink?
2. How does Isabel react to Sophie's disappearance?
3. How does Maugham obtain an invitation?
4. What does Elliott say in answer to Edna's invitation?
5. What does Elliot leave to the main characters in his will?
6. What is Isabel's terrible news?
7. In what way does Maugham criticize the church?
8. Do you think there is anything suspicious about the incident with the vodka?
9. Why does Isabel leave the vodka to tempt Sophie?
10. What does Maugham imagine about Isabel and Gray's life in Texas?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)