|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is a hopeless gossip
(b) He is crass
(c) He has no morals
(d) He is careless
2. Why does Larry visit Seville?
(a) To find a wife
(b) To find his mother
(c) To learn about religion
(d) To learn about art
3. Who iss Sophie supposed to meet the day she disappeares?
4. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
5. Who knocks on Maugham door at his house on the Riviera?
(a) His brother
(b) The police
(c) The FBI
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
2. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
3. Why does Maugham say Isabel kills Sophie?
4. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
5. To whho does Maugham compare Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Suzanne become a successful artist?
2. What reasons does Larry give for wanting to marry Sophie?
3. What does the Indian say is significant about the sculptures in the cave?
4. What is the story of Sophie's disappearance?
5. What is Maugham's opinion of Isabel's character?
6. Do you think there is anything suspicious about the incident with the vodka?
7. What does Larry learn about evil in India?
8. In what way has Elliot changed from the last time Maugham saw him?
9. How does Isabel react to Sophie's disappearance?
10. What does Elliot leave to the main characters in his will?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)