|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
(a) His Riveria house
(b) His money
(c) His Paris apartment
(d) His 18th-century pornographic book collection
2. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
3. Where does Larry go when he leaves the village?
4. Who knocks on Maugham door at his house on the Riviera?
(a) The FBI
(b) His brother
(c) The police
5. For what does Maugham apologize to the reader?
(a) The novel's seriousness
(b) The melodrama
(c) Not having a happy ending
(d) His poor writing style
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
2. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
3. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
4. What does Maugham do while Isabel cries?
5. What is the name of Elliott's costume?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)