|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her note, what does Isabel say has happened?
(a) Something unbelievable
(b) Something terrible
(c) Something strange
(d) Someting very funny
2. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is careless
(b) He has no morals
(c) He is crass
(d) He is a hopeless gossip
3. Where have the police found Sophie's body?
(a) In a factory
(b) In the lake
(c) In the bar toilets
(d) In the harbor
4. Why does Maugham think that Elliott cannot stop going to parties?
(a) He needs to be loved.
(b) He needs people around him.
(c) He is afraid of not being important.
(d) He is a drug addict.
5. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The bishop
(b) The president
(c) The cardinal
(d) The pope
Short Answer Questions
1. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
2. Why does Larry visit Seville?
3. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
4. What does Elliott miss while he is bedridden?
5. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)