|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Maugham apologize to the reader?
(a) The melodrama
(b) His poor writing style
(c) The novel's seriousness
(d) Not having a happy ending
2. What does Mr Achilles want Suzanne to have before he brings her back to his town?
(a) A good reputation
(b) A scholarship
(c) A child
(d) A sense of humor
3. What does Maugham think that Sophie is going through?
(c) A transition
(d) Self hate
4. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
(a) Death of a Salesman
(b) The Caretaker
5. Who iss Sophie supposed to meet the day she disappeares?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
2. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
3. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
4. How many weeks later does Maugham meet Elliott in London?
5. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)