|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) Four years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Six months
2. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
(a) New York
3. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
(a) An artist
(b) Her mother
(c) Her brother
(d) Her best friend
4. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
5. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Five years
(b) Nine years
(c) Ten years
(d) Eight years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
2. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. Henry Maturin dies of ___________.
5. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Suzanne's life in Paris.
2. How do Gray and Isabel's appearances differ?
3. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
4. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
5. How does Maugham go about trying to find Larry?
6. What reasons does Isabelle give for staying with Gray?
7. What does Maugham say he has changed about the real story?
8. How do things change for Elliott in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Isabel become so lustful in the car?
10. What were the author's reservations about writing the book?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)