|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Eight years
(b) Five years
(c) Ten years
(d) Nine years
2. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two-and-a-half years
(c) Four years
(d) Five years
3. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
4. Who sends Sophie to Paris?
(a) Her in-laws
(b) Her parents
(c) Her brother
(d) Her ucle
5. How old is Elliott?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
2. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
3. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elliot leave to the main characters in his will?
2. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
3. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
4. In what way does Maugham criticize the church?
5. Describe the cafe in which Maugham and Larry drink?
6. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
7. What reasons does Isabelle give for staying with Gray?
8. How do Gray and Isabel's appearances differ?
9. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
10. Describe Kosti.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)