|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) David Maturin
(b) Somerset Maugham
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Frank Sinclair
2. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(a) An older Parisian woman
(b) A young Mexican woman
(c) His mother
3. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
(b) New York
4. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She wants to have a baby.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She is scared.
5. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A sports book
(b) A novel
(c) Psychology book
(d) A travel guide
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
2. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
3. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
4. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
5. In what month does this chapter take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Elliott in Chapter 7?
2. What are Isabel's thoughts on love?
3. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
4. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
5. How does the stock market crash affect the main characters?
6. What does Larry tell the narrator about what he wants in the opening chapter?
7. Describe Kosti.
8. Why does Larry want to go to Paris?
9. How do Gray and Isabel's appearances differ?
10. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)