|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(b) New York
2. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(a) New Zealand
(d) The Far East
3. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(b) Henry Maturin
(d) Gray Maturin
4. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
(a) A migraine
(b) A bad back
(c) The flu
(d) A sprained ankle
5. What country does Gray say he has visited?
(a) Sri Lanka
Short Answer Questions
1. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
2. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
3. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
4. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
5. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Elliott in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
3. What does Larry tell the narrator about what he wants in the opening chapter?
4. What were the author's reservations about writing the book?
5. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
6. How do things change for Elliott in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Suzanne's life in Paris.
8. How do Gray and Isabel's appearances differ?
9. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
10. Why does Larry leave Paris?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)