|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
2. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She thinks he is a snob.
(d) She hates France.
3. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
4. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
5. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) The government
(b) His guardian
(c) The army
(d) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of Gray's father?
2. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
3. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
4. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
5. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confirms to Isabel that she has made the correct choice in breaking off her engagement?
2. What is Sophie's tragic story?
3. Describe Kosti.
4. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
5. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
6. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
7. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
8. How do things change for Elliott in Chapter 6?
9. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
10. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)