|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) In a bar
(b) In the street
(c) Outside his house
(d) At a party
2. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
3. Which character does Sophie sit next to at a dinner party twelve years before?
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) Four years
(b) One year
(c) Two years
(d) Six months
5. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(b) Henry Maturin
(c) Gray Maturin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
2. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
3. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
4. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
5. What reason does Larry give for being friends with Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
2. How does the stock market crash affect the main characters?
3. What does Larry say about his time away?
4. What does Elliot leave to the main characters in his will?
5. Why does Larry leave Paris?
6. What does the Indian say is significant about the sculptures in the cave?
7. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
8. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
9. Why is Elliott so upset at not being invited to Edna's party?
10. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)