|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(b) Henry Maturin
(c) Gray Maturin
(d) Mrs. Bradley
2. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(a) Film Art
3. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) Somerset Maugham
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) David Maturin
(d) Frank Sinclair
4. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She wants to have a baby.
(b) She wants Larry to get a job.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She wants to go home.
5. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
(a) Gray's headache will disappear
(b) Gray will disappear
(c) Gray will fall asleep
(d) Gray's arm wil raise
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
3. What does Larry say Sophie used to do when she was younger?
4. How long do Gray and Isabel wait for Larry to visit?
5. Who does Isabel marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gray Maturin
2. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
3. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
4. Describe Kosti.
5. What is Sophie's tragic story?
6. What confirms to Isabel that she has made the correct choice in breaking off her engagement?
7. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
8. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
9. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
10. What does Larry say about his time away?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)