|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
2. How old is Elliott?
3. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He does not like Elliott.
(b) He wants to write.
(c) He does not eat lunch.
(d) He has to loaf.
4. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
(c) New York
5. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A millionaire broker
(b) A hotel chain owner
(c) A lawyer
(d) A restaurant chain owner
Short Answer Questions
1. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
2. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
3. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
4. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
5. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Isabal's plan to win back Larry in Paris in Chapter 4.
2. Describe Suzanne's life in Paris.
3. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. What are Isabel's thoughts on love?
6. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
7. Describe Suzanne's time with Larry in the country.
8. Why does Isabel become so lustful in the car?
9. Describe the point of view Maugham uses.
10. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)