|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Patty's role in the war?
(a) A machine gunner
(b) A pilot
(c) A private
(d) A mechanic
2. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
(a) Tell him people are laughing at him
(b) Tell him she is going to kill herself
(c) Tell him she is having his baby
(d) Tell him there is no God
3. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
(a) A child
(b) A dreamer
(c) A joker
(d) A virgin
4. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
(a) Joan and Priscilla
(b) Timmy and Jack
(c) Larry and Henry
(d) John and Joan
5. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(a) Film Art
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie turn to after her husband dies?
2. Which character does Sophie sit next to at a dinner party twelve years before?
3. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
4. What cafe does Maugham go to in this chapter?
5. Who does Isabel marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
2. Why does Larry want to go to Paris?
3. How does the stock market crash affect the main characters?
4. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
5. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
6. What reasons does Isabelle give for staying with Gray?
7. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
8. Describe Kosti.
9. Describe Suzanne's life in Paris.
10. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)