|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Gray in love?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
2. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
3. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(a) The following September
(c) The following October
(d) The following November
4. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her paintings
(b) Her curtains
(c) Her furniture
(d) Her carpet
5. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
2. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
3. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
4. In what area of France is Lens located?
5. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Larry give for wanting to marry Sophie?
2. Describe the cafe in which Maugham and Larry drink?
3. In what way has Elliot changed from the last time Maugham saw him?
4. What confirms to Isabel that she has made the correct choice in breaking off her engagement?
5. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
6. How does Suzanne become a successful artist?
7. Describe Kosti.
8. What has happened to Elliott in Chapter 7?
9. Describe Suzanne's time with Larry in the country.
10. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)