|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Isabel ask Maugham to take them on his last night in Paris?
(b) A posh restaurant
(c) An opium den
(d) Tough joints
2. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Joking and laughing
(b) Writing and drawing
(c) Loafing and reading
(d) Reading and writing
3. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) Outside his house
(b) In the street
(c) In a bar
(d) At a party
4. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(c) New York
5. In what month of the year do Gray and Isabel get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry state he leaves Paris?
2. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
3. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
4. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
5. What is the name of the man Sophie marries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
2. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
3. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
4. Why does Larry leave Paris?
5. How do Gray and Isabel's appearances differ?
6. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
7. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
8. What were the author's reservations about writing the book?
9. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
10. What does Larry say about his time away?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)