|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elliott?
2. What does Larry put into Gray's hand?
(a) A shark's tooth
(b) A coin
(c) A carrot
(d) A photograph
3. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
4. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Elliott Templeton
(d) Gregory Brabazon
5. With whom is Gray in love?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
2. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
4. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
5. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Suzanne's life in Paris.
2. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
3. What were the author's reservations about writing the book?
4. Describe the point of view Maugham uses.
5. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
6. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
7. Describe Isabal's plan to win back Larry in Paris in Chapter 4.
8. How do things change for Elliott in Chapter 6?
9. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
10. What does Larry tell the narrator about what he wants in the opening chapter?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)