Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She hates France.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She thinks he is a snob.
(d) She is ill.
2. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
(a) Princes and Dukes
(b) Young female friends
(d) Rich, young men
3. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Louisa Bradley
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Mrs. Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To set up an affair
(b) To get rid of her
(c) To make Isabel jealous
(d) To conduct business
5. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
2. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
3. How old is Elliott?
4. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
5. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larry tell the narrator about what he wants in the opening chapter?
2. Describe Gray Maturin
3. What is Elliot's plan at the beginning of the fourth chapter?
4. How does the reader know that Isabel is still in love with Larry?
5. What reasons does Larry give for wanting to marry Sophie?
6. How does Sophie give in to temptation?
7. What does Larry learn about evil in India?
8. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
9. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
10. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)