|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie turn to after her husband dies?
(d) Alcohol and sex
2. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
3. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
4. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Loafing and reading
(b) Joking and laughing
(c) Reading and writing
(d) Writing and drawing
5. How many years has it been since Maugham last saw Isabel?
(a) Ten years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Five years
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
2. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
3. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
4. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
2. Describe the point of view Maugham uses.
3. What has happened to Elliott in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
6. How does Maugham go about trying to find Larry?
7. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
8. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
9. Describe Suzanne's time with Larry in the country.
10. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)