|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since Maugham last saw Isabel?
(a) Five years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Ten years
(d) Three years
2. Henry Maturin dies of ___________.
(b) A heart attack
(c) Lung cancer
3. What does Larry put into Gray's hand?
(a) A carrot
(b) A coin
(c) A photograph
(d) A shark's tooth
4. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Eat and talk
(b) Drink and dance
(c) Play golf
5. Where does Isabel ask Maugham to take them on his last night in Paris?
(b) A posh restaurant
(c) Tough joints
(d) An opium den
Short Answer Questions
1. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
2. In what area of France is Lens located?
3. What does Larry say Sophie used to do when she was younger?
4. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
5. What reason does Larry give for being friends with Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
2. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
3. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
4. Describe Elliott's life on the Riviera.
5. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
6. What does Larry say about his time away?
7. What are Isabel's thoughts on love?
8. What does Maugham say he has changed about the real story?
9. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
10. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)