|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(b) Film Art
2. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She wants Larry to get a job.
(b) She wants to have a baby.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She wants to go home.
3. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(a) The following October
(b) The following September
(d) The following November
4. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(b) Alcohol and drugs
(c) Women's intuition
(d) Indian gurus
5. How are Sophie's husband and daughter killed?
(a) In a car accident
(b) Joint suicide
(d) They were murdered
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Isabel marry?
2. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
3. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
4. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
5. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kosti.
2. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
3. What is Elliot's plan at the beginning of the fourth chapter?
4. What is Maugham's opinion of Larry?
5. Describe Gray Maturin
6. Why does Isabel become so lustful in the car?
7. How does Maugham go about trying to find Larry?
8. What does Larry say about his time away?
9. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
10. What does Maugham say he has changed about the real story?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)