|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Isabel away?
(b) Mrs. Bradley
2. What is the first name of Gray's father?
3. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
(a) Sherlock Holmes
(b) A top diabetic specialist
(c) His father
(d) A top marriage councellor
4. Who sends Sophie to Paris?
(a) Her parents
(b) Her brother
(c) Her ucle
(d) Her in-laws
5. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(b) The Far East
(d) New Zealand
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
2. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
3. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
4. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
5. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Larry leave Paris?
2. Why does Larry want to go to Paris?
3. Why does Isabel become so lustful in the car?
4. Describe Gray Maturin
5. What were the author's reservations about writing the book?
6. How does the stock market crash affect the main characters?
7. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
8. Describe Isabal's plan to win back Larry in Paris in Chapter 4.
9. How does Elliott try to help Larry?
10. Describe Suzanne's time with Larry in the country.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)