|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He has to loaf.
(b) He does not eat lunch.
(c) He wants to write.
(d) He does not like Elliott.
2. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A restaurant chain owner
(b) A millionaire broker
(c) A hotel chain owner
(d) A lawyer
3. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
(a) Gray's headache will disappear
(b) Gray will fall asleep
(c) Gray's arm wil raise
(d) Gray will disappear
4. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Play golf
(b) Eat and talk
(d) Drink and dance
5. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) The chronological settings and names
(b) Names and conversations
(c) Cities and the age of characters
(d) Conversations and cities
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city are Isabel and her family living?
2. What country does Gray say he has visited?
3. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
4. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
5. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larry tell the narrator about what he wants in the opening chapter?
2. What are Isabel's thoughts on love?
3. What is Elliot's plan at the beginning of the fourth chapter?
4. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
5. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
6. What do the adults say about Larry's future?
7. How is Larry when he meets Isabel and Gray in Chapter 7?
8. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
9. What is Larry's opinion of Sophie?
10. How does the stock market crash affect the main characters?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)