|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man Sophie marries?
2. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
3. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her curtains
(b) Her paintings
(c) Her carpet
(d) Her furniture
4. What did Isabel do instead of telling Larry she is having his baby?
(a) Gives him some money
(b) Tells him she loves him
(c) Kisses him goodnight
5. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
(a) A child
(b) A joker
(c) A virgin
(d) A dreamer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
2. How long do Gray and Isabel wait for Larry to visit?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
4. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
5. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kosti and Larry in Germany?
2. What reason does Maugham give for Elliott helping Isabel?
3. Describe Isabel's marriage and life with Gray.
4. What does Maugham say about a person's true nature in Chapter 3?
5. What happens to the four main characters in Rue de Lappe?
6. What has happened to Elliott in Chapter 7?
7. Describe the point of view Maugham uses.
8. Describe Larry and Isobel's meeting in Chapter 3.
9. What is Elliot's plan at the beginning of the fourth chapter?
10. What confirms to Isabel that she has made the correct choice in breaking off her engagement?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)