|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
2. What does he order Elliott not to do?
(a) Drink coffee
(c) Leave his romm
(d) Get cold
3. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
(a) Her life
(d) Her mother
4. What is Hakim's?
(a) An opium parlor
(b) A cafe
(c) A brothel
(d) A disco
5. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(a) The Absolute
(d) The elephants
6. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
(b) An Indian village
(d) A French village
7. What does Suzanne have in her mouth?
(a) A tooth brush
(b) A paintbrush
(c) A bone
(d) A tooth pick
8. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Janus
(b) Mr. Arcade
(c) Mr. Jones
(d) Mr. Achilles
9. What is the subject of Larry's book?
(a) The Absolute
(c) Successful men
10. What is Larry's story about?
(a) How he became a writer.
(b) How he met Suzanne.
(c) How he got back to Paris.
(d) How he found love.
11. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
(a) Shri Ganesha
(b) Fred Barnes
(c) Sindod Farresh
(d) Benvali Gulliva
12. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(a) New Mexico
13. What does Elliott say the U.S is becoming?
(a) Middle class
(b) A communist state
(c) Blue collar
14. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
(b) Death of a Salesman
(c) The Caretaker
15. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
(b) Isabel and Gray
(c) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maugham say Isabel kills Sophie?
2. What has Larry got enough money to do?
3. How many years have Gray and Isabel spent in Paris?
4. What does Maugham think that Sophie is going through?
5. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)