|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The president
(b) The pope
(c) The cardinal
(d) The bishop
2. What does Maugham think that Sophie is going through?
(a) Self hate
(b) A transition
3. Where have the police found Sophie's body?
(a) In the lake
(b) In the bar toilets
(c) In a factory
(d) In the harbor
4. What is the subject of Larry's book?
(a) Successful men
(c) The Absolute
5. Why does Isabel plant the vodka?
(a) She is interested in what Sophie would do.
(b) Sophie criticizes her
(c) She wants to marry Larry.
(d) She would have made Larry miserable.
6. Who is Larry due to marry?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
7. Why is Toulouse good for Sophie?
(a) The air is fresh.
(b) There is easy access to opium.
(c) It is more relaxed.
(d) There are lots of bars.
8. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(a) The elephants
(c) The Absolute
9. What does Suzanne have in her mouth?
(a) A paintbrush
(b) A tooth pick
(c) A tooth brush
(d) A bone
10. What does Elliott miss while he is bedridden?
(a) His family
(c) Eating out
11. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
12. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
(a) A French village
(c) An Indian village
13. Where does Larry go when he leaves the village?
14. What is Suzanne's surname?
15. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
(a) Her life
(c) Her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry visit Seville?
2. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
3. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
4. In her note, what does Isabel say has happened?
5. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)