|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Suzanne's surname?
2. Who knocks on Maugham door at his house on the Riviera?
(a) The FBI
(c) The police
(d) His brother
3. Where does Elliott say he should have never left?
4. What does he order Elliott not to do?
(a) Leave his romm
(c) Drink coffee
(d) Get cold
5. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
(a) Death of a Salesman
(b) The Caretaker
6. Who is Larry due to marry?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
7. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
8. For what does Mr. Achilles marry his previous wife?
9. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Arcade
(b) Mr. Jones
(c) Mr. Achilles
(d) Mr. Janus
10. Who does Maugham meet at the police station?
11. What is Hakim's?
(a) A disco
(b) A brothel
(c) An opium parlor
(d) A cafe
12. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The president
(b) The cardinal
(c) The pope
(d) The bishop
13. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
14. What kind of business does Gray want to start?
(a) A silver mine
(b) A bomb factory
(c) An oil business
(d) A cleaning business
15. Why does Larry visit Seville?
(a) To learn about religion
(b) To find a wife
(c) To find his mother
(d) To learn about art
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
2. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
3. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
4. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
5. What does Maugham think that Sophie is going through?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)