|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(d) New Mexico
2. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
(a) Sindod Farresh
(b) Benvali Gulliva
(c) Fred Barnes
(d) Shri Ganesha
3. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
4. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
5. What does Ganesha's friend allow Larry to use?
(a) His binoculars
(b) His jeep
(c) His bugalow
(d) His gun
6. What does Elliott say the U.S is becoming?
(a) Blue collar
(c) A communist state
(d) Middle class
7. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Janus
(b) Mr. Arcade
(c) Mr. Achilles
(d) Mr. Jones
8. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
9. To whho does Maugham compare Larry?
(b) Jesus Christ
(c) Knut Hamsun
10. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
(a) His 18th-century pornographic book collection
(b) His money
(c) His Paris apartment
(d) His Riveria house
11. Why does Isabel think Sophie's disappearance is for the best?
(a) She needs to be free.
(b) Larry did notlove her.
(c) She is not a nice person.
(d) She would oppress Larry.
12. Why is Maugham upset?
(a) He has forgotten his note book.
(b) He cannot go back to Seville.
(c) He has lost his pen.
(d) He cannot tell the story in Larry's voice.
13. Where does Larry go when he leaves the village?
14. How do the police connect Maugham to Sophie?
(a) They find his book in her room.
(b) They find a letter.
(c) They read her diary.
(d) She speaks his name.
15. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
(c) The Caretaker
(d) Death of a Salesman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stages the best party of the season?
2. What has Larry got enough money to do?
3. Why does Larry visit Seville?
4. Who wants to borrow Elliot's costume?
5. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)