|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(d) Isabel and Gray
2. Why is opium easier to get in Toulouse?
(a) There are lots of Chinese people.
(b) It has a port.
(c) It is cheaper.
(d) It is grown there.
3. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
(a) His 18th-century pornographic book collection
(b) His money
(c) His Paris apartment
(d) His Riveria house
4. What is the name of Ganesha's compound?
5. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(d) New Mexico
6. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is crass
(b) He is careless
(c) He is a hopeless gossip
(d) He has no morals
7. What does Elliott say the U.S is becoming?
(a) Blue collar
(c) A communist state
(d) Middle class
8. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
(a) The doctor
(b) His sister
(c) The local priest
(d) The local bishop
9. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(b) The Absolute
(c) The elephants
10. Why is Maugham upset?
(a) He cannot go back to Seville.
(b) He has forgotten his note book.
(c) He has lost his pen.
(d) He cannot tell the story in Larry's voice.
11. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
12. Who stages the best party of the season?
(a) Edna Novemali
(b) Helena Karabcova
(c) The Prince of Wales
(d) Count de Lauria
13. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
14. What has Larry got enough money to do?
(a) Go home
(b) Pay for Sophie's burial
(c) Buy lunch
(d) Pay his rent
15. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
2. What does Ganesha's friend allow Larry to use?
3. How do the police connect Maugham to Sophie?
4. Why does Larry visit Seville?
5. What is Larry's story about?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)