|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
2. What does Sophie say she drinks in Isabel's apartment?
(a) Scottish whiskey
(b) London gin
(c) Polish vodka
(d) Russian vodka
3. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
(a) A French village
(c) An Indian village
4. Why does Maugham think that Elliott cannot stop going to parties?
(a) He is afraid of not being important.
(b) He needs to be loved.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) He needs people around him.
5. Why is Maugham upset?
(a) He has lost his pen.
(b) He has forgotten his note book.
(c) He cannot tell the story in Larry's voice.
(d) He cannot go back to Seville.
6. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
7. What is the subject of Larry's book?
(a) Successful men
(d) The Absolute
8. How many years have Gray and Isabel spent in Paris?
(a) Three years
(b) Eight years
(c) Six years
(d) Four years
9. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
10. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
(d) The Riviera
11. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Achilles
(b) Mr. Jones
(c) Mr. Arcade
(d) Mr. Janus
12. What has Larry got enough money to do?
(a) Pay for Sophie's burial
(b) Buy lunch
(c) Go home
(d) Pay his rent
13. What is Suzanne's surname?
14. What is Hakim's?
(a) An opium parlor
(b) A brothel
(c) A disco
(d) A cafe
15. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
2. What does Ganesha's friend allow Larry to use?
3. Why is opium easier to get in Toulouse?
4. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
5. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)