|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
2. Why does Maugham say Isabel kills Sophie?
(a) She is seen at the harbor.
(b) She plantsthe vodka.
(c) She has a motive.
(d) He wants to frighten her.
3. Of what nationality is Edna?
4. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
(a) The Riviera
5. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
(a) An Indian village
(c) A French village
6. What kind of business does Gray want to start?
(a) An oil business
(b) A bomb factory
(c) A silver mine
(d) A cleaning business
7. What does Elliott say the U.S is becoming?
(b) Blue collar
(c) Middle class
(d) A communist state
8. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
(c) Her mother
(d) Her life
9. What does Maugham do while Isabel cries?
(a) Hugs her
(b) Goes into the garden
10. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is crass
(b) He is careless
(c) He is a hopeless gossip
(d) He has no morals
11. Why does Maugham think that Elliott cannot stop going to parties?
(a) He needs people around him.
(b) He needs to be loved.
(c) He is afraid of not being important.
(d) He is a drug addict.
12. Which word best describes Larry's voice?
(d) High pitched
13. What is the name of Ganesha's compound?
14. To whho does Maugham compare Larry?
(b) Knut Hamsun
(d) Jesus Christ
15. How does Sophie get to Toulouse?
(a) By train
(b) Hire car
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
2. What is Hakim's?
3. What does Mr Achilles want Suzanne to have before he brings her back to his town?
4. Who stages the best party of the season?
5. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)