|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The bishop
(b) The pope
(c) The president
(d) The cardinal
2. What does Elliott say the U.S is becoming?
(b) Blue collar
(c) Middle class
(d) A communist state
3. Which word best describes Larry's voice?
(a) High pitched
4. What does Sophie say she drinks in Isabel's apartment?
(a) Russian vodka
(b) Polish vodka
(c) London gin
(d) Scottish whiskey
5. What is the name of Ganesha's compound?
6. What does he order Elliott not to do?
(b) Drink coffee
(c) Get cold
(d) Leave his romm
7. How do the police connect Maugham to Sophie?
(a) They read her diary.
(b) They find a letter.
(c) She speaks his name.
(d) They find his book in her room.
8. What does Suzanne have in her mouth?
(a) A tooth pick
(b) A bone
(c) A paintbrush
(d) A tooth brush
9. Why does Isabel think Sophie's disappearance is for the best?
(a) She would oppress Larry.
(b) Larry did notlove her.
(c) She needs to be free.
(d) She is not a nice person.
10. How many weeks later does Maugham meet Elliott in London?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Four weeks
(c) One week
(d) Two weeks
11. Who wants to borrow Elliot's costume?
(a) Paul Barton
(b) Jose Payno
(c) Larry Sinclair
(d) Davis Love
12. What does Maugham do while Isabel cries?
(b) Hugs her
(c) Goes into the garden
13. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
14. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
(a) Isabel and Gray
(b) Mrs. Bradley
15. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(b) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Achilles want Suzanne to have before he brings her back to his town?
2. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
3. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
4. How many years have Gray and Isabel spent in Paris?
5. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)