|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
(a) Two point four children
(c) A diamond ring and a mink coat
2. What is Suzanne's surname?
3. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Isabel and Gray
4. What does Elliott miss while he is bedridden?
(b) Eating out
(c) His family
5. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
6. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
(d) The Riviera
7. What kind of business does Gray want to start?
(a) An oil business
(b) A bomb factory
(c) A silver mine
(d) A cleaning business
8. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(d) New Mexico
9. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(a) The Absolute
(c) The elephants
10. Who does Maugham meet at the police station?
11. How many years have Gray and Isabel spent in Paris?
(a) Three years
(b) Six years
(c) Eight years
(d) Four years
12. To whho does Maugham compare Larry?
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Knut Hamsun
13. What is the subject of Larry's book?
(a) Successful men
(d) The Absolute
14. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
15. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is Edna?
2. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
3. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
4. Why is Maugham upset?
5. What is Larry's story about?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)