|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maugham meet at the police station?
2. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
(a) Her looks
(b) Her shoes
(c) Her fashion sense
(d) Her intelligence
3. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
4. Who stages the best party of the season?
(a) Count de Lauria
(b) Helena Karabcova
(c) Edna Novemali
(d) The Prince of Wales
5. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(a) The elephants
(b) The Absolute
6. What is the name of Ganesha's compound?
7. To whho does Maugham compare Larry?
(c) Knut Hamsun
(d) Jesus Christ
8. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
(c) Her life
(d) Her mother
9. In what room in Edna's house does Maugham steal an invitation?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The games room
(d) The secretary's room
10. Where does Larry go when he leaves the village?
11. Who knocks on Maugham door at his house on the Riviera?
(b) His brother
(c) The FBI
(d) The police
12. Who is Larry due to marry?
(d) Mrs. Bradley
13. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Arcade
(b) Mr. Jones
(c) Mr. Janus
(d) Mr. Achilles
14. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(c) New Mexico
15. Why does Isabel plant the vodka?
(a) She is interested in what Sophie would do.
(b) She wants to marry Larry.
(c) Sophie criticizes her
(d) She would have made Larry miserable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who iss Sophie supposed to meet the day she disappeares?
2. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
3. Who wants to borrow Elliot's costume?
4. What does Suzanne have in her mouth?
5. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)