|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's story about?
(a) How he became a writer.
(b) How he met Suzanne.
(c) How he got back to Paris.
(d) How he found love.
2. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
(a) Sindod Farresh
(b) Fred Barnes
(c) Benvali Gulliva
(d) Shri Ganesha
3. What does Maugham do while Isabel cries?
(a) Goes into the garden
(c) Hugs her
4. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The cardinal
(b) The president
(c) The pope
(d) The bishop
5. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
(a) Two point four children
(c) A diamond ring and a mink coat
6. Who does Maugham meet at the play?
7. Why does Isabel think Sophie's disappearance is for the best?
(a) She is not a nice person.
(b) Larry did notlove her.
(c) She would oppress Larry.
(d) She needs to be free.
8. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
(d) The Riviera
9. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
10. What does Elliott miss while he is bedridden?
(b) His family
(d) Eating out
11. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(a) The elephants
(c) The Absolute
12. What is the name of Sophie's new lover?
(a) Mr. Achilles
(b) Mr. Jones
(c) Mr. Arcade
(d) Mr. Janus
13. For what does Maugham apologize to the reader?
(a) Not having a happy ending
(b) The melodrama
(c) His poor writing style
(d) The novel's seriousness
14. What is Hakim's?
(a) A disco
(b) An opium parlor
(c) A brothel
(d) A cafe
15. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
(a) The local priest
(b) The doctor
(c) His sister
(d) The local bishop
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Larry visit Seville?
2. What does Suzanne have in her mouth?
3. What does he order Elliott not to do?
4. What is the name of Elliott's costume?
5. Why does Isabel plant the vodka?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)