|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's story about?
(a) How he got back to Paris.
(b) How he became a writer.
(c) How he found love.
(d) How he met Suzanne.
2. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
(c) Isabel and Gray
(d) Mrs. Bradley
3. To what city is Larry taking a ship?
(a) New Mexico
(b) New York
(d) San Francisco
4. In what city does Gray want to set up his business?
(b) New Mexico
5. What is the name of Elliott's costume?
(a) A Count de Lauria
(b) A Lord de Lauria
(c) A Prince de Lauria
(d) A Duke de Lauria
6. What does Ganesha's friend allow Larry to use?
(a) His binoculars
(b) His gun
(c) His bugalow
(d) His jeep
7. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
(b) A French village
(d) An Indian village
8. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
(a) A diamond ring and a mink coat
(b) Two point four children
9. Who does Maugham meet at the police station?
10. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
11. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
12. Where does Maugham go to work on his novel?
(b) The Riviera
13. In what room in Edna's house does Maugham steal an invitation?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The games room
(c) The secretary's room
(d) The dining room
14. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The cardinal
(b) The bishop
(c) The pope
(d) The president
15. Why is Maugham upset?
(a) He has lost his pen.
(b) He cannot go back to Seville.
(c) He has forgotten his note book.
(d) He cannot tell the story in Larry's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks later does Maugham meet Elliott in London?
2. Why is opium easier to get in Toulouse?
3. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
4. How does Sophie get to Toulouse?
5. What kind of business does Gray want to start?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)