|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Invented or embellished anything
(b) Injected any humor
(c) Based anything on the truth
(d) Included his wife in the story
2. What is Patty's role in the war?
(a) A private
(b) A machine gunner
(c) A pilot
(d) A mechanic
3. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
(c) New York
4. What is the first name of Gray's father?
5. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A millionaire broker
(b) A hotel chain owner
(c) A restaurant chain owner
(d) A lawyer
6. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
7. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(a) New York
8. Where does Larry say he learned hypnosis?
9. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
(d) New York
10. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
11. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) The government
(b) His parents
(c) His guardian
(d) The army
12. What is the name of Suzanne's daughter?
13. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
14. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
(a) A joker
(b) A virgin
(c) A child
(d) A dreamer
15. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
(a) The flu
(b) A bad back
(c) A migraine
(d) A sprained ankle
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
2. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
3. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
4. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
5. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)