|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
2. Where does Isabel ask Maugham to take them on his last night in Paris?
(a) An opium den
(b) Tough joints
(d) A posh restaurant
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
5. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(a) New York
6. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She wants to have a baby.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She wants to go home.
7. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
(c) Seven times
(d) Three times
8. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) Psychology book
(b) A sports book
(c) A travel guide
(d) A novel
9. How old is Elliott?
10. How much money did Larry give Suzanne?
(a) 12, 0000 dollars
(b) 12, 000 francs
(c) 5, 000 dollars
(d) 8,000 francs
11. Where does Larry say he learned hypnosis?
12. How long do Gray and Isabel wait for Larry to visit?
(a) Four days
(b) A month
(c) Two weeks
(d) Three days
13. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(a) Elliott Templeton
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Laurence Darrell
14. What is the first name of Gray's father?
15. In what month of the year do Gray and Isabel get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
2. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
3. What is the name of Suzanne's daughter?
4. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
5. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)