|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say will happen when he counts to 24?
(a) Gray's arm wil raise
(b) Gray's headache will disappear
(c) Gray will fall asleep
(d) Gray will disappear
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about friends.
(b) He is writing about his secrets.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about an American.
3. With whom is Gray in love?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) He wants to get over his depression.
(b) He needs people to understand.
(c) He needs money.
(d) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
5. Wjat does Kosti cheat at in this chapter?
6. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
7. In what month of the year do Gray and Isabel get married?
8. In what month does this chapter take place?
9. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
10. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Laurence Darrell
(b) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Louisa Bradley
11. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
(b) New York
12. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her furniture
(b) Her carpet
(c) Her curtains
(d) Her paintings
13. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
14. How much money did Larry give Suzanne?
(a) 12, 0000 dollars
(b) 12, 000 francs
(c) 8,000 francs
(d) 5, 000 dollars
15. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
2. What is Patty's role in the war?
3. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
4. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
5. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)