|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
(b) Henry Maturin
(c) Suzanne Rouzier
2. How long do Gray and Isabel wait for Larry to visit?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A month
(c) Four days
(d) Three days
3. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
(b) The war
(c) His job
4. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
(d) Mrs. Bradley
5. How many years has it been since Maugham last saw Isabel?
(a) Fifteen years
(b) Ten years
(c) Five years
(d) Three years
6. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
(a) The church
(b) The orphanage
(c) The hospital
7. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(d) Film Art
8. Who sends Sophie to Paris?
(a) Her brother
(b) Her ucle
(c) Her in-laws
(d) Her parents
9. What country does Gray say he has visited?
(d) Sri Lanka
10. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
11. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To show off his connections
(b) To marry Mrs. Bradley
(c) To seduce her
(d) To get back at Larry
12. In what month does this chapter take place?
13. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
(a) South Carolina
14. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Women's intuition
(b) Indian gurus
(c) Alcohol and drugs
15. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(a) Elliott Templeton
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Laurence Darrell
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
2. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
3. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
4. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
5. How are Sophie's husband and daughter killed?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)