|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She hates France.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She thinks he is a snob.
(d) She is ill.
2. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
(a) Princes and Dukes
(b) Young female friends
(d) Rich, young men
3. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Louisa Bradley
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Mrs. Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To set up an affair
(b) To get rid of her
(c) To make Isabel jealous
(d) To conduct business
5. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
6. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
7. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(a) Gray Maturin
(b) Henry Maturin
(d) Mrs. Bradley
8. How old is Elliott?
9. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
(a) Every night
(b) Every weekend
(c) Twice a week
(d) Every monday
10. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
11. What country does Gray say he has visited?
(a) Sri Lanka
12. Which character does Sophie sit next to at a dinner party twelve years before?
13. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) Conversations and cities
(b) Names and conversations
(c) Cities and the age of characters
(d) The chronological settings and names
14. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
(a) A bomb factory
(b) A brokerage business
(c) A clothes factory
(d) A decorating business
15. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
(a) Elliott and Mrs. Bradley
(b) Elliot and Gray
(c) Irene and Mrs. Bradley
(d) Sophie and Gray
Short Answer Questions
1. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
2. What is the name of Suzanne's daughter?
3. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)