|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Eat and talk
(b) Drink and dance
(d) Play golf
2. Wjat does Kosti cheat at in this chapter?
3. How long do Gray and Isabel wait for Larry to visit?
(a) Four days
(b) A month
(c) Two weeks
(d) Three days
4. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
(b) New York
5. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
(a) Twice a week
(b) Every weekend
(c) Every monday
(d) Every night
6. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(c) New York
7. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
8. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(a) The following October
(c) The following November
(d) The following September
9. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
(a) Tell him people are laughing at him
(b) Tell him she is having his baby
(c) Tell him there is no God
(d) Tell him she is going to kill herself
10. What is Patty's role in the war?
(a) A mechanic
(b) A pilot
(c) A machine gunner
(d) A private
11. In what month does this chapter take place?
12. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
13. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) Frank Sinclair
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) David Maturin
(d) Somerset Maugham
14. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) Six months
(b) Two years
(c) One year
(d) Four years
15. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
2. What does Larry put into Gray's hand?
3. Where does Isabel ask Maugham to take them on his last night in Paris?
4. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
5. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)