|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Sophie's husband and daughter killed?
(a) They were murdered
(c) Joint suicide
(d) In a car accident
2. In what month of the year do Gray and Isabel get married?
3. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) The chronological settings and names
(b) Conversations and cities
(c) Names and conversations
(d) Cities and the age of characters
4. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
5. What is the only thing Larry says he is interested in doing?
6. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She wants to have a baby.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She wants to go home.
7. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
8. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
9. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
10. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) He needs people to understand.
(b) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
(c) He wants to get over his depression.
(d) He needs money.
11. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) He had an affair with the General's wife
(b) Because of a failed coup attempt
(c) He stole money
(d) He is a homosexual
12. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
(a) Writing the story
(b) Playing golf
(d) Going to Paris
13. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
14. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) One year
(b) Six months
(c) Four years
(d) Two years
15. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
(b) Three times
(d) Seven times
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
2. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
3. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
4. Wjat does Kosti cheat at in this chapter?
5. With whom is Gray in love?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)