|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She wants to have a baby.
2. What is the name of the man Sophie marries?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) A film
(b) A smoke
(c) A theater performance
(d) An ice cream soda
4. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
5. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
6. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
(d) South Carolina
7. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
(c) The war
(d) His job
8. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
(c) Suzanne Rouzier
(d) Henry Maturin
9. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He does not like Elliott.
(b) He has to loaf.
(c) He does not eat lunch.
(d) He wants to write.
10. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
11. In what area of France is Lens located?
(a) Northern France
(b) Eastern France
(c) Western France
(d) Southern France
12. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
(a) A brokerage business
(b) A clothes factory
(c) A decorating business
(d) A bomb factory
13. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) His guardian
(b) The government
(c) His parents
(d) The army
14. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
15. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
2. Henry Maturin dies of ___________.
3. Which character develops a plan to help Isabel forget about Larry?
4. Wjat does Kosti cheat at in this chapter?
5. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)