Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She hates France.
(b) She thinks he is a snob.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She is ill.
2. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Based anything on the truth
(b) Injected any humor
(c) Included his wife in the story
(d) Invented or embellished anything
3. With whom is Gray in love?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
4. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
(a) Gregory Brabazon
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Elliott Templeton
(d) Mrs. Bradley
5. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
(a) A clothes factory
(b) A brokerage business
(c) A decorating business
(d) A bomb factory
6. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
7. What is Patty's role in the war?
(a) A pilot
(b) A mechanic
(c) A machine gunner
(d) A private
8. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
(b) Rich, young men
(c) Young female friends
(d) Princes and Dukes
9. Who does Isabel marry?
(a) Gray Maturin
(b) Jacques Benes
10. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(c) Film Art
11. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
(b) The hospital
(c) The orphanage
(d) The church
12. What does Larry put into Gray's hand?
(a) A carrot
(b) A coin
(c) A photograph
(d) A shark's tooth
13. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
14. What country does Gray say he has visited?
(d) Sri Lanka
15. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A restaurant chain owner
(b) A millionaire broker
(c) A hotel chain owner
(d) A lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
2. From which country does Kosti come?
3. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
4. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
5. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)