|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
(a) Joan and Priscilla
(b) John and Joan
(c) Larry and Henry
(d) Timmy and Jack
2. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) David Maturin
(b) Somerset Maugham
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Frank Sinclair
3. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Indian gurus
(b) Women's intuition
(c) Alcohol and drugs
4. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her best friend
(c) Her brother
(d) An artist
5. How many years has it been since Maugham last saw Isabel?
(a) Five years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Ten years
(d) Three years
6. With whom is Gray in love?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
7. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
8. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
9. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
10. Why does Larry state he leaves Paris?
(a) He is tired of books.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He needescountry life.
11. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(b) New Zealand
(d) The Far East
12. What country does Gray say he has visited?
(c) Sri Lanka
13. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
14. From which country does Kosti come?
15. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
2. Henry Maturin dies of ___________.
3. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
4. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
5. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)