|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cafe does Maugham go to in this chapter?
(a) Cafe Paris
(b) Cafe Le Sin
(c) Cafe Du Dome
(d) Cafe Gourmet
2. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
(d) Mrs. Bradley
3. How much money did Larry give Suzanne?
(a) 12, 0000 dollars
(b) 12, 000 francs
(c) 8,000 francs
(d) 5, 000 dollars
4. Wjat does Kosti cheat at in this chapter?
5. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
(a) Patty's death
(b) God and the soul
(c) His parents
(d) The meaning of marriage
6. Which character does Sophie sit next to at a dinner party twelve years before?
7. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A travel guide
(b) A novel
(c) Psychology book
(d) A sports book
8. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
9. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
(a) New York
10. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) Cities and the age of characters
(b) Conversations and cities
(c) The chronological settings and names
(d) Names and conversations
11. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(b) New York
12. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Gray Maturin
(d) Henry Maturin
13. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
(b) Mrs. Bradley
14. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
(c) New York
15. Who gives Isabel away?
(b) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
2. What is the name of Suzanne's daughter?
3. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
4. In what month does this chapter take place?
5. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)