1. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
Writing the story
2. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
His friend's biographer will have useful information.
3. What does the author initially state he has not done?
Invented or embellished anything
4. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
Names and conversations
5. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
He is writing about an American.
This section contains 3,217 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)