|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (sections iii-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Sophie's husband and daughter killed?
(b) Joint suicide
(c) In a car accident
(d) They were murdered
2. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Five to ten years
(b) Two years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Twelve years
3. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He has to loaf.
(b) He wants to write.
(c) He does not eat lunch.
(d) He does not like Elliott.
4. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Laurence Darrell
(b) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Louisa Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
5. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
(a) The meaning of marriage
(b) God and the soul
(c) His parents
(d) Patty's death
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
2. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
3. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
4. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
5. What does the author initially state he has not done?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)