|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (sections iii-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Larry's book?
(a) Successful men
(d) The Absolute
2. In her note, what does Isabel say has happened?
(a) Something unbelievable
(b) Something strange
(c) Someting very funny
(d) Something terrible
3. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about Paris.
(b) He is writing about friends.
(c) He is writing about an American.
(d) He is writing about his secrets.
4. Why does Isabel plant the vodka?
(a) She would have made Larry miserable.
(b) She wants to marry Larry.
(c) Sophie criticizes her
(d) She is interested in what Sophie would do.
5. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She wants to have a baby.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She is scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Larry's body does Isabel stare at in this chapter?
2. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
3. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
4. How old is Elliott?
5. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)