|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (sections iii-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He does not like Elliott.
(b) He wants to write.
(c) He has to loaf.
(d) He does not eat lunch.
2. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(c) New York
3. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To marry Mrs. Bradley
(b) To seduce her
(c) To get back at Larry
(d) To show off his connections
4. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) The army
(b) His parents
(c) His guardian
(d) The government
5. In her note, what does Isabel say has happened?
(a) Something unbelievable
(b) Something strange
(c) Something terrible
(d) Someting very funny
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elliott miss while he is bedridden?
2. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
3. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
4. In which city are Isabel and her family living?
5. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)