|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (sections iii-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(a) An older Parisian woman
(b) A young Mexican woman
(d) His mother
2. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
(a) An artist
(b) Her brother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her best friend
3. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She thinks he is a snob.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She hates France.
4. Why is opium easier to get in Toulouse?
(a) It has a port.
(b) It is grown there.
(c) There are lots of Chinese people.
(d) It is cheaper.
5. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
(a) The meaning of marriage
(b) His parents
(c) God and the soul
(d) Patty's death
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author initially state he has not done?
2. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
3. Who leaves Maugham a note at his hotel?
4. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
5. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)