|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 (sections iii-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
(b) New York
2. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(b) Elliott Templeton
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Laurence Darrell
3. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Indian gurus
(b) Women's intuition
(c) Alcohol and drugs
4. Who is Larry due to marry?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
5. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about Paris.
(b) He is writing about friends.
(c) He is writing about an American.
(d) He is writing about his secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of the year do Gray and Isabel get married?
2. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
3. What does Larry put into Gray's hand?
4. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
5. Who gives Isabel away?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)