|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
(a) Two days
(b) Four days
(c) Three days
(d) Six days
2. Who does Ganesha say is the only guru?
(b) The Absolute
(c) The elephants
3. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
(a) Laurence Darrell
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Elliott Templeton
(d) Mrs. Bradley
4. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
(a) His money
(b) His Paris apartment
(c) His Riveria house
(d) His 18th-century pornographic book collection
5. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her carpet
(b) Her paintings
(c) Her furniture
(d) Her curtains
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
2. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
3. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
4. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
5. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)