|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) They rarely give accurate information.
(b) They cannot speak English.
(c) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(d) A foreigner can never understand them.
2. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. Where does Elliott say he should have never left?
5. In what room in Edna's house does Maugham steal an invitation?
(a) The secretary's room
(b) The bathroom
(c) The dining room
(d) The games room
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of France is Lens located?
2. Who stages the best party of the season?
3. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
4. How does Maugham celebrate the completion of the rough draft of his novel?
5. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)