|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
(b) New York
2. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) They rarely give accurate information.
(b) A foreigner can never understand them.
(c) They cannot speak English.
(d) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
3. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
(a) Six days
(b) Four days
(c) Three days
(d) Two days
4. What is Larry's story about?
(a) How he became a writer.
(b) How he found love.
(c) How he got back to Paris.
(d) How he met Suzanne.
5. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
(a) A top diabetic specialist
(b) Sherlock Holmes
(c) His father
(d) A top marriage councellor
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
2. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
3. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
4. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
5. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)