|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) He stole money
(b) He is a homosexual
(c) He had an affair with the General's wife
(d) Because of a failed coup attempt
2. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The president
(b) The bishop
(c) The pope
(d) The cardinal
3. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
4. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
5. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To set up an affair
(b) To make Isabel jealous
(c) To conduct business
(d) To get rid of her
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
2. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
3. How does Maugham celebrate the completion of the rough draft of his novel?
4. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
5. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)