|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Suzanne suffering from when she meets Larry for the first time?
2. For what does Maugham say she sacrificed Larry?
(a) Two point four children
(d) A diamond ring and a mink coat
3. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
(a) Playing golf
(b) Writing the story
(d) Going to Paris
4. Of what nationality is Edna?
5. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Based anything on the truth
(b) Included his wife in the story
(c) Injected any humor
(d) Invented or embellished anything
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maugham upset?
2. Who stages the best party of the season?
3. How old is Elliott?
4. Where does Larry go when he leaves the village?
5. How many weeks later does Maugham meet Elliott in London?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)