|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Reading and writing
(b) Writing and drawing
(c) Joking and laughing
(d) Loafing and reading
2. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
(a) His parents
(b) God and the soul
(c) Patty's death
(d) The meaning of marriage
3. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
(a) A migraine
(b) A sprained ankle
(c) A bad back
(d) The flu
4. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
(c) The Caretaker
(d) Death of a Salesman
5. Who does Maugham visit at the Riviera?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
2. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
3. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
4. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
5. To whom does Elliott leave his house, his apartment, his paintings and his furniture?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)