|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To marry Mrs. Bradley
(b) To seduce her
(c) To show off his connections
(d) To get back at Larry
2. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) Because of a failed coup attempt
(b) He stole money
(c) He had an affair with the General's wife
(d) He is a homosexual
3. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Louisa Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
4. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
(a) Six days
(b) Four days
(c) Three days
(d) Two days
5. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(b) A foreigner can never understand them.
(c) They rarely give accurate information.
(d) They cannot speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
2. Why is opium easier to get in Toulouse?
3. What does Elliott leave to Maugham in his will?
4. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
5. Who is Larry due to marry?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)