|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
(a) Henry Maturin
(b) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Gray Maturin
2. Where does Larry say he learned hypnosis?
3. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He does not eat lunch.
(b) He wants to write.
(c) He has to loaf.
(d) He does not like Elliott.
4. Where does Elliott say he should have never left?
5. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about friends.
(b) He is writing about his secrets.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about an American.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
2. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
3. Of what nationality is Edna?
4. How does Sophie get to Toulouse?
5. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)