|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She hates France.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She thinks he is a snob.
2. Why does Isabel think Sophie's disappearance is for the best?
(a) Larry did notlove her.
(b) She is not a nice person.
(c) She needs to be free.
(d) She would oppress Larry.
3. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Five to ten years
(d) Two years
4. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is crass
(b) He is a hopeless gossip
(c) He has no morals
(d) He is careless
5. What is the name of the man Sophie marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Larry due to marry?
2. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
3. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
4. Why does Larry state he leaves Paris?
5. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)