|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Elliott?
2. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To get back at Larry
(b) To marry Mrs. Bradley
(c) To seduce her
(d) To show off his connections
3. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
(a) Her intelligence
(b) Her fashion sense
(c) Her shoes
(d) Her looks
4. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
(a) John and Joan
(b) Joan and Priscilla
(c) Larry and Henry
(d) Timmy and Jack
5. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Joking and laughing
(b) Writing and drawing
(c) Loafing and reading
(d) Reading and writing
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Suzanne move to Paris?
2. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
3. What does he order Elliott not to do?
4. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
5. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)