|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A novel
(b) A sports book
(c) A travel guide
(d) Psychology book
2. What reason does Larry give for being friends with Sophie?
(a) They both come from modest backgrounds.
(b) They are both shy.
(c) They are both bullied.
(d) They are both lonely.
3. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(a) The following September
(c) The following October
(d) The following November
4. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
(a) His sister
(b) The doctor
(c) The local priest
(d) The local bishop
5. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) Cities and the age of characters
(b) Conversations and cities
(c) The chronological settings and names
(d) Names and conversations
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
2. In what room in Edna's house does Maugham steal an invitation?
3. Who does Maugham meet in Toulon?
4. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
5. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)