|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
(a) Every night
(b) Every weekend
(c) Every monday
(d) Twice a week
2. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
(a) The meaning of marriage
(b) Patty's death
(c) God and the soul
(d) His parents
3. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Louisa Bradley
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Laurence Darrell
(d) Mrs. Bradley
4. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
(a) Tell him she is going to kill herself
(b) Tell him people are laughing at him
(c) Tell him she is having his baby
(d) Tell him there is no God
5. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He wants to write.
(b) He has to loaf.
(c) He does not eat lunch.
(d) He does not like Elliott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
2. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
3. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
4. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
5. Of what nationality is Edna?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)