|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes instead of the local bishop?
(a) The president
(b) The bishop
(c) The cardinal
(d) The pope
2. Where does Isabel ask Maugham to take them on his last night in Paris?
(a) A posh restaurant
(b) An opium den
(d) Tough joints
3. From what is Gray suffering when he goes out to dinner?
(a) A sprained ankle
(b) The flu
(c) A migraine
(d) A bad back
4. How does Sophie get to Toulouse?
(a) Hire car
(d) By train
5. Why does Mrs. Bradley decline to visit her brother's new home?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She thinks he is a snob.
(d) She hates France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
2. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
3. Of what nationality is Edna?
4. What does Isabel say she sacrificed?
5. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)