|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section vii-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
(a) Writing the story
(c) Playing golf
(d) Going to Paris
2. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A restaurant chain owner
(b) A lawyer
(c) A millionaire broker
(d) A hotel chain owner
3. What is Hakim's?
(a) A disco
(b) An opium parlor
(c) A brothel
(d) A cafe
4. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
(a) South Carolina
5. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
(a) The local bishop
(b) The doctor
(c) The local priest
(d) His sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
2. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
3. What cafe does Maugham go to in this chapter?
4. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
5. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)