|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections v-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
2. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(a) New Zealand
(c) The Far East
3. In what city does Larry buy a new suit?
(a) New York
4. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) A film
(b) A theater performance
(c) An ice cream soda
(d) A smoke
5. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
(a) A top diabetic specialist
(b) His father
(c) Sherlock Holmes
(d) A top marriage councellor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author initially state he has not done?
2. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
3. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
4. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
5. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)