|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections v-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about an American.
(b) He is writing about his secrets.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about friends.
2. Who gives Isabel away?
(b) Mrs. Bradley
3. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
4. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
(b) South Carolina
5. What does Isabel presume Larry still is?
(a) A child
(b) A virgin
(c) A joker
(d) A dreamer
Short Answer Questions
1. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
2. What are the names of Isabella's two children?
3. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
4. From which country does Kosti come?
5. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)