|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections v-ix).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
2. In what area of France is Lens located?
(a) Western France
(b) Southern France
(c) Northern France
(d) Eastern France
3. In what state does Gray have a plantation?
(c) South Carolina
4. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Women's intuition
(b) Indian gurus
(c) Alcohol and drugs
5. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To make Isabel jealous
(b) To get rid of her
(c) To set up an affair
(d) To conduct business
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
2. Why does Larry state he leaves Paris?
3. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
4. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
5. In what year does Elliott move to the French Riviera?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)