|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections i-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
2. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) Cities and the age of characters
(b) Names and conversations
(c) Conversations and cities
(d) The chronological settings and names
3. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To marry Mrs. Bradley
(b) To show off his connections
(c) To seduce her
(d) To get back at Larry
4. Who does Larry meets in Lens?
5. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
(a) Tell him she is having his baby
(b) Tell him there is no God
(c) Tell him people are laughing at him
(d) Tell him she is going to kill herself
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
2. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
4. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
5. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)