|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections i-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) Psychology book
(b) A sports book
(c) A novel
(d) A travel guide
2. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
(a) Tell him there is no God
(b) Tell him she is going to kill herself
(c) Tell him people are laughing at him
(d) Tell him she is having his baby
3. Who says hello to Maugham in Cafe Du Dome?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
4. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner can never understand them.
(b) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(c) They cannot speak English.
(d) They rarely give accurate information.
5. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
(a) The orphanage
(b) The hospital
(d) The church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
2. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
3. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
4. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
5. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)