|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections i-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
(a) A brokerage business
(b) A clothes factory
(c) A decorating business
(d) A bomb factory
2. In what month does this chapter take place?
3. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Louisa Bradley
(b) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Laurence Darrell
(d) Gregory Brabazon
4. What cafe does Maugham go to in this chapter?
(a) Cafe Du Dome
(b) Cafe Paris
(c) Cafe Gourmet
(d) Cafe Le Sin
5. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her carpet
(b) Her paintings
(c) Her curtains
(d) Her furniture
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
2. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
3. How long after the stock market crash does this chapter begin?
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
5. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)