|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections i-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) His guardian
(b) The government
(c) His parents
(d) The army
2. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Play golf
(c) Drink and dance
(d) Eat and talk
3. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
(a) The hospital
(b) The church
(d) The orphanage
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) He needs money.
(b) He wants to get over his depression.
(c) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
(d) He needs people to understand.
5. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city are Isabel and her family living?
2. What did Isabel do instead of telling Larry she is having his baby?
3. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
4. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
5. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)