|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 (sections i-iv).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) He had an affair with the General's wife
(b) He is a homosexual
(c) Because of a failed coup attempt
(d) He stole money
2. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Reading and writing
(b) Joking and laughing
(c) Loafing and reading
(d) Writing and drawing
3. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) Somerset Maugham
(b) David Maturin
(c) Frank Sinclair
(d) Gregory Brabazon
4. Who does Isabel marry?
(a) Gray Maturin
(d) Jacques Benes
5. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
(a) His job
(c) The war
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
2. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
3. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
5. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)