|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He has to loaf.
(b) He wants to write.
(c) He does not like Elliott.
(d) He does not eat lunch.
2. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Five years
(b) Ten years
(c) Nine years
(d) Eight years
3. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
4. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(c) New York
5. What is the first name of Gray's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
2. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
5. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)