|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(b) New York
2. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Two years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Twelve years
(d) Five to ten years
3. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He has to loaf.
(b) He does not like Elliott.
(c) He wants to write.
(d) He does not eat lunch.
4. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
5. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(b) Play golf
(c) Eat and talk
(d) Drink and dance
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
2. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
3. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)