|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) He had an affair with the General's wife
(b) He is a homosexual
(c) Because of a failed coup attempt
(d) He stole money
2. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(b) A foreigner can never understand them.
(c) They cannot speak English.
(d) They rarely give accurate information.
3. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her curtains
(b) Her furniture
(c) Her paintings
(d) Her carpet
4. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
5. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(a) Film Art
Short Answer Questions
1. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
3. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
4. Why does Larry state he leaves Paris?
5. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)