|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(c) New Zealand
(d) The Far East
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about his secrets.
(b) He is writing about an American.
(c) He is writing about friends.
(d) He is writing about Paris.
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) An ice cream soda
(b) A film
(c) A smoke
(d) A theater performance
4. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Five years
(b) Nine years
(c) Eight years
(d) Ten years
5. In what area of France is Lens located?
(a) Western France
(b) Northern France
(c) Eastern France
(d) Southern France
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does this chapter take place?
2. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
3. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
4. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
5. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)