|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about Paris.
(b) He is writing about friends.
(c) He is writing about his secrets.
(d) He is writing about an American.
2. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He wants to write.
(b) He does not eat lunch.
(c) He does not like Elliott.
(d) He has to loaf.
3. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(a) An older Parisian woman
(b) A young Mexican woman
(c) His mother
4. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants Larry to get a job.
(d) She wants to have a baby.
5. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
(a) Laurence Darrell
(b) Elliott Templeton
(c) Mrs. Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
2. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
3. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
4. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
5. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)