|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Two years
(b) Five to ten years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Twelve years
2. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Writing and drawing
(b) Reading and writing
(c) Joking and laughing
(d) Loafing and reading
3. In what area of France is Lens located?
(a) Southern France
(b) Western France
(c) Eastern France
(d) Northern France
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
(b) He wants to get over his depression.
(c) He needs people to understand.
(d) He needs money.
5. Which character develops a plan to help Isabel forget about Larry?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
2. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
3. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
4. With whom is Gray in love?
5. How is Isabel going to force Larry back to Chicago?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)