|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
(a) His father
(b) Sherlock Holmes
(c) A top diabetic specialist
(d) A top marriage councellor
2. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) He wants to get over his depression.
(b) He needs people to understand.
(c) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
(d) He needs money.
3. From which country does Kosti come?
4. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) Psychology book
(b) A sports book
(c) A travel guide
(d) A novel
5. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Five years
(b) Ten years
(c) Nine years
(d) Eight years
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
2. Who can Isabel be introduced to in London?
3. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
4. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
5. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)