|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
(a) The Far East
(c) New Zealand
2. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
(a) A top marriage councellor
(b) His father
(c) Sherlock Holmes
(d) A top diabetic specialist
3. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
4. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about friends.
(b) He is writing about his secrets.
(c) He is writing about an American.
(d) He is writing about Paris.
5. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
2. In which city does Elliott usually reside?
3. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
4. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
5. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)