|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
(a) Elliott Templeton
(b) Mrs. Bradley
(c) Laurence Darrell
(d) Gregory Brabazon
2. What did Isabel do instead of telling Larry she is having his baby?
(a) Kisses him goodnight
(b) Gives him some money
(c) Tells him she loves him
3. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Based anything on the truth
(b) Invented or embellished anything
(c) Injected any humor
(d) Included his wife in the story
4. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Drink and dance
(b) Eat and talk
(c) Play golf
5. Why does Isabel say she does not go with Larry's plan to travel Europe?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She wants to have a baby.
(d) She wants Larry to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
2. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
3. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
4. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
5. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)