|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
(b) Mrs. Bradley
2. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To set up an affair
(b) To make Isabel jealous
(c) To conduct business
(d) To get rid of her
3. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
(a) Reading and writing
(b) Loafing and reading
(c) Joking and laughing
(d) Writing and drawing
4. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
(a) A restaurant chain owner
(b) A hotel chain owner
(c) A millionaire broker
(d) A lawyer
5. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
5. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)