|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Gray's father?
2. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) A theater performance
(b) A smoke
(c) A film
(d) An ice cream soda
4. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(b) They rarely give accurate information.
(c) A foreigner can never understand them.
(d) They cannot speak English.
5. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Two years
(c) Five to ten years
(d) Twelve years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
2. With whom is Gray in love?
3. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
5. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)