|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) They cannot speak English.
(b) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(c) A foreigner can never understand them.
(d) They rarely give accurate information.
2. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
(a) Writing the story
(c) Playing golf
(d) Going to Paris
3. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(b) A young Mexican woman
(c) An older Parisian woman
(d) His mother
4. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) One year
(b) Four years
(c) Six months
(d) Two years
5. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(a) Gregory Brabazon
(b) Laurence Darrell
(d) Elliott Templeton
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
2. In what city does the narrator meet Elliott?
3. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
4. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
5. What is the first name of Gray's father?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)