|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Gray's father?
2. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) His parents
(b) The government
(c) His guardian
(d) The army
3. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
4. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
(a) Her curtains
(b) Her paintings
(c) Her furniture
(d) Her carpet
5. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about friends.
(b) He is writing about an American.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about his secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
2. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
3. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
5. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)