|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Elliott Templeton
2. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) They cannot speak English.
(b) They rarely give accurate information.
(c) A foreigner can never understand them.
(d) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
3. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
(a) Going to Paris
(c) Writing the story
(d) Playing golf
4. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about his secrets.
(b) He is writing about an American.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about friends.
5. With whom is Gray in love?
(d) Mrs. Bradley
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters think has changed Larry?
2. What is the first name of Gray's father?
3. In what month does this chapter take place?
4. What does Larry say he spends time doing?
5. Gray Maturin id the son of _____________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)