|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
(c) Mrs. Bradley
2. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Elliott Templeton
3. Who does the narrator meet for lunch?
(a) Laurence Darrell
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Elliott Templeton
(d) Mrs. Bradley
4. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A sports book
(b) A novel
(c) Psychology book
(d) A travel guide
5. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
(a) Two years
(b) Four years
(c) One year
(d) Six months
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
2. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
3. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
4. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
5. What is the first name of Gray's father?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)