|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) At a party
(b) In the street
(c) In a bar
(d) Outside his house
2. What is the first name of Gray's father?
3. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
(a) He is writing about his secrets.
(b) He is writing about friends.
(c) He is writing about Paris.
(d) He is writing about an American.
4. What is Larry's excuse for not eating lunch with Elliott?
(a) He wants to write.
(b) He does not eat lunch.
(c) He does not like Elliott.
(d) He has to loaf.
5. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
(a) Two years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Five to ten years
(d) Twelve years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
2. What is the only thing Larry says he is interested in doing?
3. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
4. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
5. Who does the author sit next to at the dinner party?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)