|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(a) An older Parisian woman
(b) A young Mexican woman
(d) His mother
2. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) Outside his house
(b) At a party
(c) In the street
(d) In a bar
3. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner can never understand them.
(b) They cannot speak English.
(c) They rarely give accurate information.
(d) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
4. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
5. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) The army
(b) The government
(c) His guardian
(d) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author initially state he has not done?
2. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
3. What does Gregory admit looks awful in Mrs. Bradley's house?
4. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
5. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)