|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 (sections i-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) A theater performance
(b) A smoke
(c) A film
(d) An ice cream soda
2. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
(a) His friend's biographer will have useful information.
(b) He wants to get over his depression.
(c) He needs people to understand.
(d) He needs money.
3. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) In the street
(b) In a bar
(c) At a party
(d) Outside his house
4. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(b) They rarely give accurate information.
(c) They cannot speak English.
(d) A foreigner can never understand them.
5. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
(a) An older Parisian woman
(b) A young Mexican woman
(c) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
2. About shat does Larry say he is trying to find answers?
3. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
4. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
5. For how long does Larry want to go to Paris?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)