|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) At a party
(b) In the street
(c) In a bar
(d) Outside his house
2. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Indian gurus
(c) Alcohol and drugs
(d) Women's intuition
3. How many days after Isabel's meeting with Maugham does she invite Larry and Sophie for lunch?
(a) Four days
(b) Six days
(c) Three days
(d) Two days
4. What cafe does Maugham go to in this chapter?
(a) Cafe Du Dome
(b) Cafe Paris
(c) Cafe Gourmet
(d) Cafe Le Sin
5. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maugham call when it becomes clear that Elliott is near to death?
2. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
3. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
4. Which part of Larry's body does Isabel stare at in this chapter?
5. How long does Larry think it will take to find answers about God and the soul?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)