|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elliott refuse to lend Paul his costume?
(a) He is crass
(b) He is careless
(c) He is a hopeless gossip
(d) He has no morals
2. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Based anything on the truth
(b) Included his wife in the story
(c) Invented or embellished anything
(d) Injected any humor
3. Which part of Larry's body does Isabel stare at in this chapter?
(a) His groin
(b) His backside
(c) His chest
(d) His arm
4. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(b) The following September
(c) The following November
(d) The following October
5. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Play golf
(b) Eat and talk
(c) Drink and dance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maugham say Isabel is wearing a mask of when she stares at Larry?
2. Where does Larry stay during the spring?
3. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
4. Who does Isabel marry?
5. Gray is made a partner in ______________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)