|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
2. What is the name of Elliott's manservant?
3. What does he order Elliott not to do?
(b) Drink coffee
(c) Get cold
(d) Leave his romm
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To conduct business
(b) To make Isabel jealous
(c) To get rid of her
(d) To set up an affair
5. What two things does the author state he has changed in the book?
(a) The chronological settings and names
(b) Conversations and cities
(c) Cities and the age of characters
(d) Names and conversations
Short Answer Questions
1. What play does Maugham go to see in this chapter?
2. How many times a week does Elliott see a doctor?
3. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
4. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
5. In what country does Gray start looking for work?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)