|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room in Edna's house does Maugham steal an invitation?
(a) The games room
(b) The bathroom
(c) The dining room
(d) The secretary's room
2. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) He is a homosexual
(b) He had an affair with the General's wife
(c) Because of a failed coup attempt
(d) He stole money
3. Who iss Sophie supposed to meet the day she disappeares?
4. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
(a) In a bar
(b) In the street
(c) Outside his house
(d) At a party
5. What character does Maugham reintroduce in this chapter?
(a) Henry Maturin
(c) Suzanne Rouzier
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry's story about?
2. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
3. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
4. How many weeks later does Maugham meet Elliott in London?
5. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)