|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections vii-viii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larry say Sophie used to do when she was younger?
(a) Read and write poetry
(b) Write short stories
(c) Skip school
(d) Play golf
2. What does Maugham compliment Isabel on to calm her down?
(a) Her shoes
(b) Her fashion sense
(c) Her looks
(d) Her intelligence
3. When does Maugham say the stock market crashes?
(b) The following September
(c) The following October
(d) The following November
4. What is Patty's role in the war?
(a) A private
(b) A mechanic
(c) A pilot
(d) A machine gunner
5. How does Maugham celebrate the completion of the rough draft of his novel?
(a) He goes to a party.
(b) He arranges a party.
(c) He sails up the coast.
(d) He travels to India.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
2. During what time of year does Maugham go to the Riviera?
3. What does the author initially state he has not done?
4. What is the name of Lary's Yogi?
5. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)