|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isabel do instead of telling Larry she is having his baby?
(a) Tells him she loves him
(b) Gives him some money
(d) Kisses him goodnight
2. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A novel
(b) Psychology book
(c) A travel guide
(d) A sports book
3. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Play golf
(b) Drink and dance
(c) Eat and talk
4. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
(c) Film Art
5. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Mrs. Bradley
(b) Laurence Darrell
(c) Louisa Bradley
(d) Gregory Brabazon
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
2. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
3. What does the author immediately state his misgivings about?
4. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
5. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)