|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
(a) They cannot speak English.
(b) A foreigner always compares it to his own country.
(c) A foreigner can never understand them.
(d) They rarely give accurate information.
2. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A travel guide
(b) Psychology book
(c) A sports book
(d) A novel
3. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
4. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Injected any humor
(b) Invented or embellished anything
(c) Included his wife in the story
(d) Based anything on the truth
5. In what month does this chapter take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
2. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
3. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
4. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
5. Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to _________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)