|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(a) Elliott Templeton
(b) Gregory Brabazon
(c) Laurence Darrell
2. What do Larry and Isabel do on Isabel's final night in Paris?
(a) Eat and talk
(c) Drink and dance
(d) Play golf
3. How many years is it until Maugham sees Larry and Isabel again?
(a) Five years
(b) Ten years
(c) Nine years
(d) Eight years
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To set up an affair
(b) To get rid of her
(c) To make Isabel jealous
(d) To conduct business
5. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) The army
(b) His parents
(c) The government
(d) His guardian
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of France is Lens located?
2. What did Isabel do instead of telling Larry she is having his baby?
3. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
4. What is the reason the author states he is writing the story?
5. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)