|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of Gray's father?
2. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
(a) A novel
(b) A sports book
(c) A travel guide
(d) Psychology book
3. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To get rid of her
(b) To make Isabel jealous
(c) To set up an affair
(d) To conduct business
4. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
5. With which condition has Mrs. Bradley bee diagnosed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley lives in London?
2. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
3. Which character identifies the narrator as Maugham?
4. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
5. Where does Elliott tell Mrs. Bradley they should go for the rest of the season?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)