|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does this chapter take place?
2. From where does Larry get the $3,000?
(a) His guardian
(b) The government
(c) The army
(d) His parents
3. Where do Maugham and Elliot meet the Bradleys for dinner?
(b) New York
4. Which of the following characters is a renowned decorator?
(b) Elliott Templeton
(c) Gregory Brabazon
(d) Laurence Darrell
5. What does the author initially state he has not done?
(a) Injected any humor
(b) Included his wife in the story
(c) Based anything on the truth
(d) Invented or embellished anything
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author admit is part of his problem in writing the novel?
2. Where does the narrator unexpectedly meet Larry?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
4. What kind of book is Larry reading in this chapter?
5. For whom does Isabel admit that she has strong feelings?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)