|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 (sections i-ii).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose house does Eliott say they are having lunch?
(a) Gregory Brabazon
(b) Louisa Bradley
(c) Laurence Darrell
(d) Mrs. Bradley
2. At what time of year do Mrs. Bradley and Isabel arrive in Paris?
3. In what month does this chapter take place?
4. Why does Elliott arrange for Larry to sit next to the Parisian woman?
(a) To conduct business
(b) To set up an affair
(c) To make Isabel jealous
(d) To get rid of her
5. How much does Larry think that he and Isabel can live on per year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maugham state it is difficult to write about people from another country?
2. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
3. Which is the only main character that Maugham says he still sees frequently?
4. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the Irishman Larry makes friends with during the war?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)