|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 (section iii-v).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maugham think Elliott wants to get Isabel's mind off Larry?
(a) To seduce her
(b) To get back at Larry
(c) To show off his connections
(d) To marry Mrs. Bradley
2. How old is Suzanne when she moves to Paris?
3. For what does Isabel ask the narrator to join her?
(a) A film
(b) An ice cream soda
(c) A smoke
(d) A theater performance
4. By whos is Gray and Isabel's house decorated?
(a) Gregory Brabazon
(b) Frank Sinclair
(c) Somerset Maugham
(d) David Maturin
5. What does Maugham say he does not trust?
(a) Women's intuition
(b) Alcohol and drugs
(d) Indian gurus
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters gives Elliott investment advice?
2. To which organization does Elliott donate money?
3. Where is Maugham leaving for after his dinner with Elliott in Chicago?
4. Which two characters does Maugham examine in this chapter?
5. Henry Maturin dies of ___________.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)