|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 (sections iv-vi).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kosti forced to leave the Polish army?
(a) Because of a failed coup attempt
(b) He is a homosexual
(c) He had an affair with the General's wife
(d) He stole money
2. Which character does Sophie sit next to at a dinner party twelve years before?
3. What is the name of the coaling town where Larry goes?
4. Which character do they meet in the cafe on Rue de Lappe?
5. What does Larry say Sophie used to do when she was younger?
(a) Write short stories
(b) Skip school
(c) Play golf
(d) Read and write poetry
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maugham look for Larry?
2. What city in Spain does Larry visit?
3. How often does Sophie say she is at the cafe?
4. Who assumes the position of narrator in this chapter?
5. What does Larry find out that Kosti has studied?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)