Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasuckichi have to write for Lieutenant Honda?
2. What does Hanzaburo become obsessed with hiding?
3. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
4. What did Honda die from?
5. What was Akutagawa's brother-in-law wearing when he died?
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Why does the author list Rashomon, In a Bamboo Grive and the Nose under the heading A World Under Decay? Choose one of the stories in this section and examine what it says about the flaws in human nature.
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)