|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yasukichi's job?
2. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
3. What kind of legs do the Chinese men give Hanzaburo?
4. What does Shinsuke see floating in the river?
5. Who regularly accepts Yakukichi's stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
2. What does the narrator remember about his eldest sister?
3. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
4. How does the author end the story?
5. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
6. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
7. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
8. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
9. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
10. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the Hell Screen express about art and the artist? What examples are there in popular culture of artists who too far?
Essay Topic 2
How will O-Kim's life change now she has opened her eyes to real life? In what could be said that she be happier than she was?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Rashomon gate symbolize in the story Rashomon? How does the gate reflect the servant's own state of mind?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)