|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tseneko before she can see her husband's horse legs?
2. What does the young naval officer give Yasukichi to help him write the eulogy?
3. What does Akutagawa think is imminent?
4. What does Hanzaburo die of?
5. What become Shinsuke's primary pastime?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Xiao-er unable to take the second chance given to him? What does his character say about human nature in general? How could you argue against the author's point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)