|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasuckichi have to write for Lieutenant Honda?
2. What does Akutagawa call the girl he has an affair with?
3. What does the author say he wants someone to do to him?
4. What does Shinsuke say his parents fake?
5. What does the young naval officer give Yasukichi to help him write the eulogy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
2. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
3. What happens to the baby?
4. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
5. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
6. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
7. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
8. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
9. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
10. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the moral of the Spider Thread story? What does this moral of the story say about the Buddhist religion.?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a short story in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)