Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
2. Who is the second testimony from?
3. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
4. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
5. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
2. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
3. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
4. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
5. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
6. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
7. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
8. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
9. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
10. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author list Rashomon, In a Bamboo Grive and the Nose under the heading A World Under Decay? Choose one of the stories in this section and examine what it says about the flaws in human nature.
Essay Topic 2
What does the reaction to Yasukichi's eulogy say about human nature? What does Yasukichi's still have to learn about human nature? In what way will the reaction to Yasikichi's eulogy improve his writing?
Essay Topic 3
What is the moral of the Spider Thread story? What does this moral of the story say about the Buddhist religion.?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)