|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
2. What are O-Kimi and Tanaka going to watch in the neighboring town?
3. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
4. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
5. What is the name of the man Shino marries?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
2. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
3. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
4. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
5. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
6. Describe the character of Shuri.
7. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
8. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
9. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
10. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How will O-Kim's life change now she has opened her eyes to real life? In what could be said that she be happier than she was?
Essay Topic 2
What In the Bamboo Grove say about unreliable narration? How can the court get to the truth?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Rashomon gate symbolize in the story Rashomon? How does the gate reflect the servant's own state of mind?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)