|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
2. Which part of the Hell screen frightens everyone with its power?
3. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
4. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
5. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shino's life.
2. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
3. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
4. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
5. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
6. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
7. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
8. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
9. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
10. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a short story in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
How will O-Kim's life change now she has opened her eyes to real life? In what could be said that she be happier than she was?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)