|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shino have to break to renounce her religion?
2. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
3. What does the old woman pluck hairs from?
4. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
5. What is seppuku?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the green onions affect O-Kimi so much?
2. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
3. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
4. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
5. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
6. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
7. What problems is the servant having in his life in Rashomon?
8. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
9. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
10. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does E'in falsely prophesize that a dragon will rise from the pond? What meaning does it give the story that his prophecy comes true? What would have happened if his lie was found out?
Essay Topic 2
What In the Bamboo Grove say about unreliable narration? How can the court get to the truth?
Essay Topic 3
How will O-Kim's life change now she has opened her eyes to real life? In what could be said that she be happier than she was?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)