|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
2. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
3. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
4. What is the doctor says he he will give Shino's daughter a diagnosis?
5. What is wrong with Shuri?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
2. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
3. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
4. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
5. Why do the green onions affect O-Kimi so much?
6. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
7. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
8. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
9. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
10. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the moral of the Spider Thread story? What does this moral of the story say about the Buddhist religion.?
Essay Topic 2
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Loyalty story express about the Japanese Feudal system? How does the feudal system affect Shuri's decisions in the story?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)