|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the villagers claim Shino is having an affair with?
2. What kind of test does Buddha say Kandata failed?
3. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
4. What religion does Zenchi practice?
5. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Shino's life.
2. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
3. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
4. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
5. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
6. What are the author's feeling about religion during this time?
7. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
8. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
9. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
10. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
Essay Topic 1
What In the Bamboo Grove say about unreliable narration? How can the court get to the truth?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Hell Screen express about art and the artist? What examples are there in popular culture of artists who too far?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)