|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second testimony from?
2. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
3. Who does Xiao-er say he wants at his side as he dies?
4. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
5. What kind of vegetables does O-Kimi see for sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
2. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
3. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
4. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
5. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
6. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
7. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
8. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
9. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
10. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Shinsuke's upbringing affect his character? What does the story say about Akutagawa's own character and the themes he has expressed in his other stories?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Hell Screen express about art and the artist? What examples are there in popular culture of artists who too far?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)