|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
2. What was Tajomaru caught with?
3. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
4. What famous knight does O-Kimi compare Tanaka to?
5. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
2. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
3. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
4. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
5. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
6. Describe Shino's life.
7. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
8. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
9. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
10. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and Japanese culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
How will O-Kim's life change now she has opened her eyes to real life? In what could be said that she be happier than she was?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)