|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
2. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
3. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
4. What does Shuri use to murder Munernori?
5. What is the young burning inside of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
2. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
3. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
4. How does the author describe Tanaka?
5. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
6. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
7. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
8. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
9. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
10. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the moral of the Spider Thread story? What does this moral of the story say about the Buddhist religion.?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Rashomon gate symbolize in the story Rashomon? How does the gate reflect the servant's own state of mind?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Hell Screen express about art and the artist? What examples are there in popular culture of artists who too far?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)