Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
2. Who is the second testimony from?
3. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
4. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
5. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
2. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
3. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
4. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
5. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
6. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
7. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
8. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
9. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
10. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
Essay Topic 1
What In the Bamboo Grove say about unreliable narration? How can the court get to the truth?
Essay Topic 2
What does the Loyalty story express about the Japanese Feudal system? How does the feudal system affect Shuri's decisions in the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Rashomon gate symbolize in the story Rashomon? How does the gate reflect the servant's own state of mind?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)