Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries are fighting?
2. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
3. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
4. What does Shino have to break to renounce her religion?
5. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
2. Why does Shinsuke struggle to make friends?
3. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
4. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
5. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
6. What does Akutagawa hear on the phone?
7. What does the narrator remember about his eldest sister?
8. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
9. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
10. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
What are the differences between a novel and a short story in terms of the following?
Why does E'in falsely prophesize that a dragon will rise from the pond? What meaning does it give the story that his prophecy comes true? What would have happened if his lie was found out?
What does the Loyalty story express about the Japanese Feudal system? How does the feudal system affect Shuri's decisions in the story?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)