|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose obituary is printed at the end of the story?
(a) Henry Barrett's.
2. What word does the author hear over the phone?
3. What does the narrator say he does during his mother's funeral?
4. What does Hatsuku mean?
(b) Free as a bird.
(c) Special one.
(d) First daughter.
5. What kind of milk was the founder of Rome raised on?
(a) Cat's milk.
(b) Wolf's milk.
(c) Cow's milk.
(d) Goat's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say he has to stop the story?
2. What does Hanzaburo die of?
3. Who visits Tsuneko at the end of the story?
4. What is the title of the final story?
5. What was the name of the founder of Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
2. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
3. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
4. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
5. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
6. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
7. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
8. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
9. What does the narrator remember about his father?
10. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)