|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fujita's rank in the army?
2. What painter does Akutagawa talk about?
(a) Van Gogh.
3. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
4. Who does the author say he sees slaying a dragon?
(a) The Monkey King.
(b) Sir Lancelot.
(c) King Arthur.
(d) St. George.
5. What does the author use to help him sleep?
(a) Milk and honey.
(c) Sleeping pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who regularly accepts Yakukichi's stories?
2. What word does the author hear over the phone?
3. What does a traditional Buddhist funeral begin with?
4. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
5. What does the narrator is always looking over his shoulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author end the story?
2. Why does Oshino need new legs?
3. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
4. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
5. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
6. What happens to the baby?
7. What does the narrator remember about his eldest sister?
8. What does the narrator remember about his father?
9. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
10. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)