|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
2. Why does the narrator's father try to bribe the narrator?
(a) To get him to ask his new parents to let him stay.
(b) To give him some money.
(c) To keep him quiet.
(d) To get him to run away with him.
3. What does Akutagawa call the girl he has an affair with?
(a) Crazy girl.
(c) Mad cow.
4. Why do the Chinese men panic?
(a) They have killed the wrong man.
(b) They have forgotten to meet Buddha.
(c) They given Hanzaburo the wrong legs.
(d) They have lost their documents.
5. What is the title of the final story?
(a) Give Me your Hat.
(b) The Life of a Stupid Man.
(c) Is it Worth it?
(d) The Question of Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Akutagawa give the textual fragments to?
2. What are the nationality of the two men in the office?
3. What does the author say he wants someone to do to him?
4. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
5. What painter does Akutagawa talk about?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)