|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say he has to stop the story?
(a) His wife is calling him.
(b) He is full of despair.
(c) His ink is running out.
(d) He has to sleep.
2. What does the author hear a man mention that something is?
3. Who does Yasukichi hear crying?
(b) Honda's sister.
(c) Admiral Sasaki.
(d) Honda's brother.
4. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The Devil
(c) Angel Michael.
(d) Angel Gabriel.
5. What is the only part of the author's brother-in-law's face that stays intact?
(a) His chin.
(b) His nose.
(c) His left eye.
(d) His mustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yasukichi work for?
2. Who regularly accepts Yakukichi's stories?
3. How did Akutagawa's brother-in-law kill himself?
4. What word does the author hear over the phone?
5. What can't the narrator concentrate on writing his article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
2. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
3. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
4. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
5. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
6. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
7. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
8. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
9. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
10. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)