|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river Shinsuke visits with his father?
(a) Juniper River.
(b) Tomkins River.
(c) Honjo River.
(d) Sumida River.
2. What does the narrator witness when he is 28?
(a) A car accident.
(b) The death of his father.
(c) A robbery.
(d) The murder of his adoptive parents.
3. What happened on April the fifth?
(a) The narrator was adopted.
(b) The narrators arrived home.
(c) The narrator's mother died.
(d) Hatsuko died.
4. What does Yasukichi enjoy writing?
(c) Short stories.
5. What are the nationality of the two men in the office?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the baby taken to the hospital in?
2. What is the title of the final story?
3. What does Yasukichi translate?
4. What does Yasukichi fill the eulogy with?
5. Why does the author say he has to stop the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Akutagawa hear on the phone?
2. What are the author's feeling about religion during this time?
3. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
4. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
5. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
6. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
7. How does the author end the story?
8. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
9. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
10. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)