|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who congratulates Yasukichi for his eulogy?
(a) Honda's sister.
(d) Honda's father.
2. What was the name of the founder of Rome?
3. What does the story-teller say Hanaburo's legs collapse like?
(a) Shrivelled balloons.
(b) A bombed tower.
(c) A shot deer.
(d) A burst balloon.
4. What is the title of the final story?
(a) Is it Worth it?
(b) Give Me your Hat.
(c) The Question of Art.
(d) The Life of a Stupid Man.
5. What does Akutagawa think is imminent?
(a) An illness.
(c) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
2. Who does Yasukichi hear crying?
3. What city does Akutagawa head towards at the beginning of the story?
4. What kind of milk was the founder of Rome raised on?
5. Who do the two Chinese Hanzaburo if he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
2. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
3. Why is it so difficult for Oshino to hide his legs?
4. What are Shinsuke's views on beauty?
5. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
6. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
7. What happens to the baby?
8. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
9. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
10. Why is Oshino suddenly unable to control his legs?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)