|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator is always looking over his shoulder?
(a) Lord Buddha.
(b) An angel.
(c) A male presence.
(d) A female presence.
2. What is Fujita's rank in the army?
3. What city was Shinsuke born in?
4. Who does Yasukichi hear crying?
(a) Honda's sister.
(b) Honda's brother.
(d) Admiral Sasaki.
5. What does the author hear a man mention that something is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasukichi translate?
2. What does the narrator witness when he is 28?
3. What kind of milk was the founder of Rome raised on?
4. What does Hanzaburo tell his wife to do to stop his legs from kicking?
5. What does the author say he wants someone to do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
2. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
3. How does the author end the story?
4. Why does Oshino need new legs?
5. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
6. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
7. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
8. What does the narrator remember about his father?
9. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
10. What happens to the baby?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)