|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father try to bribe the narrator with?
(c) Ice cream.
2. What does a traditional Buddhist funeral begin with?
3. What is Sasaki's rank?
4. What kind of beauty does Honjo appreciate?
(a) Human beauty.
(b) Natural beauty.
(c) Animalistic beauty.
(d) Industrial beauty.
5. What does Akutagawa think is imminent?
(a) An illness.
(b) His death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tseneko before she can see her husband's horse legs?
2. What does the narrator is always looking over his shoulder?
3. What does the author use to help him sleep?
4. What does the narrator say he does during his mother's funeral?
5. What kind of milk was Shinsuke raised on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
2. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
3. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
4. What does the narrator remember about his father?
5. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
6. What are Shinsuke's views on beauty?
7. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
8. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
9. How does the author end the story?
10. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)