|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Tsuneko at the end of the story?
(b) The two Chinese men.
(c) Henry Barrett.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
2. What does Shinsuke call the diary he wants to write?
(a) Diary without Self-Deceit.
(b) Poverty Pourings.
(c) The Diary of the Forgotten.
(d) Diary of Hope.
3. Who congratulates Yasukichi for his eulogy?
(a) Honda's father.
(c) Honda's sister.
4. What does Hanzaburo die of?
(a) A stroke.
(b) Typhoid fever.
(d) A seizure.
5. Why do the Chinese men panic?
(a) They have forgotten to meet Buddha.
(b) They given Hanzaburo the wrong legs.
(c) They have killed the wrong man.
(d) They have lost their documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of legs do the Chinese men give Hanzaburo?
2. What does Shinsuke start to take a dislike of?
3. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
4. What does Shinsuke blame for his lack of physical prowess?
5. What does a traditional Buddhist funeral begin with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
2. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
3. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
4. Why is it so difficult for Oshino to hide his legs?
5. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
6. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
7. What does Akutagawa hear on the phone?
8. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
9. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
10. Why does Oshino need new legs?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)