|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't the narrator concentrate on writing his article?
(a) His wife is nagging.
(b) The baby is crying.
(c) He is too tired.
(d) He is worried.
2. What does the author use to help him sleep?
(a) Milk and honey.
(c) Sleeping pills.
3. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
(a) Angel Michael.
(b) Angel Gabriel.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Devil
4. What does Hanzaburo become obsessed with hiding?
(a) His money.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His legs.
(d) His will.
5. What kind of milk was the founder of Rome raised on?
(a) Goat's milk.
(b) Cat's milk.
(c) Wolf's milk.
(d) Cow's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Akutagawa give the textual fragments to?
2. What is Sasaki's rank?
3. What serves as a symbol for Shinsuke's poverty?
4. Who regularly accepts Yakukichi's stories?
5. What is Fujita's rank in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
2. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
3. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
4. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
5. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
6. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
7. What happens to the baby?
8. What are Shinsuke's views on beauty?
9. What are the author's feeling about religion during this time?
10. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)