|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shinsuke see floating in the river?
(a) A dead person.
(b) A samarai shield.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A dead animal.
2. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
(a) Angel Michael.
(b) Angel Gabriel.
(c) The Devil
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. What does Akutagawa call the girl he has an affair with?
(b) Mad cow.
(d) Crazy girl.
4. What kind of legs do the Chinese men give Hanzaburo?
(a) Broken legs.
(b) Horse legs.
(c) Bow legs.
(d) Cow legs.
5. What are the nationality of the two men in the office?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the next of the narrator's family to die?
2. What can't the narrator concentrate on writing his article?
3. What word does the author hear over the phone?
4. What is Shinsuke very poor at when he is young?
5. What does the initially doctor say is wrong with the narrator's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
2. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
3. How does the author end the story?
4. What happens to the baby?
5. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
6. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
7. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
8. Why does Shinsuke struggle to make friends?
9. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
10. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)