|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
2. What is the man sitting next to him on the train is wearing?
(a) A rain coat.
(b) A pair of jeans.
(c) A suit.
(d) Shorts and a t-shirt.
3. What does the author hear a man mention that something is?
4. Who do the two Chinese Hanzaburo if he is?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Paul Potter.
(c) Henry Barrett.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. Why does the author say he has to stop the story?
(a) He has to sleep.
(b) His ink is running out.
(c) His wife is calling him.
(d) He is full of despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was Shinsuke born in?
2. What religious figure does the author thinks exists?
3. Who does Yasukichi work for?
4. What does Shinsuke see floating in the river?
5. How is the narrator informed of his mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
2. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
3. What are the author's feeling about religion during this time?
4. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
5. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
6. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
7. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
8. What does the author's sister tell him about the death of her husband?
9. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
10. Why does Akutagawa become so upset about the raincoat?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)