|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sasaki's rank?
2. What does Yasukichi feel when he realizes people like his eulogy?
3. What become Shinsuke's primary pastime?
4. What does the narrator witness when he is 28?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) A robbery.
(c) The murder of his adoptive parents.
(d) A car accident.
5. What does Hatsuku mean?
(a) First daughter.
(b) Free as a bird.
(d) Special one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the final story?
2. Why do the Chinese men panic?
3. What painter does Akutagawa talk about?
4. Why does the narrator's father try to bribe the narrator?
5. What was the name of the founder of Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
2. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
3. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
4. What does the narrator remember about his father?
5. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
6. What happens to the baby?
7. Why does Yasukichi write cliches and sentimental clap-trap in the eulogy?
8. Why does Shinsuke struggle to make friends?
9. What is Shinsuke's opinion on books?
10. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)