|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author believe is chasing him?
2. What does the narrator say he does during his mother's funeral?
3. What is the title of the final story?
(a) The Life of a Stupid Man.
(b) Give Me your Hat.
(c) Is it Worth it?
(d) The Question of Art.
4. What does Shinsuke call the diary he wants to write?
(a) Diary without Self-Deceit.
(b) Poverty Pourings.
(c) Diary of Hope.
(d) The Diary of the Forgotten.
5. What does Shinsuke see floating in the river?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A dead person.
(c) A samarai shield.
(d) A dead animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shinsuke blame for his lack of physical prowess?
2. What is the narrator's job?
3. Who do the two Chinese Hanzaburo if he is?
4. What does the narrator say his mother was?
5. What does the storyteller say Hanzaburo's legs are covered with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oshino try to control his kicking legs?
2. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
3. What are the author's feeling about religion during this time?
4. How do the Honda's relative's react to the eulogy?
5. Why does Shinsuke come to appreciate the fact his mother did not breast feed him?
6. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
7. Why does Oshino need new legs?
8. Why does Shinsuke struggle to make friends?
9. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
10. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)