|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
(a) A sailor's rope.
(b) Parcel string.
(c) A snake skin.
(d) A spider's thread.
2. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
3. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
(a) A wall.
(b) A screen.
(c) A window.
(d) A canvas.
4. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her relationships.
(d) Her finances.
5. What is the first thing the treatment says once must do to the nose?
(a) Stamp on it.
(b) Pluck out its fat.
(c) Boil it.
(d) Throw it against a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
2. What does the sign say will ascend from the pond?
3. Who does Xiao-er say he wants at his side as he dies?
4. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
5. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
2. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
3. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
4. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
5. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
6. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
7. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
8. How does the author describe Tanaka?
9. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
10. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)