|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the the name of the woman character in Dr. Ogata Ryosai?
2. Which part of the Hell screen frightens everyone with its power?
(a) The firestorm.
(b) The devil bonfire.
(c) The buddhist slaves.
(d) The fire circle.
3. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Near Sarusawa Pond.
(b) Outside theh temple.
(c) Near the police station.
(d) Outside the school gates.
4. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) His tongue falls out.
(b) He falls back down to hell.
(c) His hands begin to burn.
(d) They throw stones at him.
5. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(d) Sesame seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching the scene from Paradise?
2. What does Shuri use to murder Munernori?
3. What do people call Yoshihide behind his back?
4. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
5. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
2. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
3. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
4. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
5. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
6. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
7. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
8. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
9. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
10. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)