|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Shuri?
(a) He is going mad.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has typhoid fever.
(d) He is depressed.
2. What was Tajomaru caught with?
(a) A stolen pig and sword.
(b) A stolen robe and cart.
(c) A stolen bible and hat.
(d) A stolen horse and bow.
3. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Near the police station.
(b) Outside the school gates.
(c) Outside theh temple.
(d) Near Sarusawa Pond.
4. What does Kanazawa use to kill himself?
(a) His gun.
(b) His wife's dagger.
(c) Tajamaru's sword.
(d) His sword.
5. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
(a) A koala.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gorilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it claimed Sato was brought back to life?
2. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
3. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
4. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
5. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
2. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
3. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
4. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
5. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
6. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
7. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
8. How does the author describe Tanaka?
9. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
10. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)