|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woodcutter discover in the bamboo grove?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A stolen pig.
(d) A stolen horse.
2. What is Kanadata drowning in in hell?
(a) The Sea of Flames.
(b) The Pond of Blood.
(c) The puddle of ice.
(d) The Lake of Fire.
3. What does the old woman say she is gathering hair to make?
(a) A coat.
(c) A wig.
(d) A sweater.
4. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
5. Who does E'in try to avenge in this story?
(a) The town mayor.
(b) The townspeople of Nara.
(c) The school children.
(d) The town policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kanazawa use to kill himself?
2. What does the old woman pluck hairs from?
3. Who makes the first testimony in the Bamboo Grove?
4. What is the Rashomon?
5. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
2. How does the author describe Tanaka?
3. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
4. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
5. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
6. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
7. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
8. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
9. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
10. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)