|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A temple.
(c) A library.
(d) A mountain cave.
2. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Shino have to break to renounce her religion?
(a) A candle.
(b) A cross.
(c) Lady Madonna.
(d) A jesus figure.
4. What does Kanazawa use to kill himself?
(a) His sword.
(b) His wife's dagger.
(c) Tajamaru's sword.
(d) His gun.
5. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Outside the school gates.
(b) Outside theh temple.
(c) Near Sarusawa Pond.
(d) Near the police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
2. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
3. What is O-Kimi's job?
4. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
5. What kind of test does Buddha say Kandata failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
2. What are Shinsuke's views on beauty?
3. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
4. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
5. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
6. What does the doctor say is wrong with the baby?
7. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
8. What does the narrator remember about his eldest sister?
9. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
10. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)