|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) They throw stones at him.
(b) His tongue falls out.
(c) His hands begin to burn.
(d) He falls back down to hell.
2. What is the name of the man O-Kimi falls in love with?
3. Who does Xiao-er say he wants at his side as he dies?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His parents.
4. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
(a) A coronation.
(b) A rose.
(c) A lily.
(d) A daisy.
5. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of E'in visits him in this story?
2. What is Kanadata drowning in in hell?
3. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
4. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
5. What does Xiao drop when something slams into his neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
2. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
3. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
4. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
5. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
6. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
7. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
8. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
9. What problems is the servant having in his life in Rashomon?
10. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)