|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second testimony from?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A priest.
(c) A thief.
(d) A woodcutter.
2. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Knight him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Banish him.
3. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
(a) He destroys the painting.
(b) He marries.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He moves to China.
5. What are O-Kimi and Tanaka going to watch in the neighboring town?
(a) A fight.
(b) A play.
(c) A circus.
(d) A film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kanadata drowning in in hell?
2. What religion does Zenchi practice?
3. What does Shuri do to himself to atone for the murder he commits?
4. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
5. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
2. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
3. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
4. Describe the character of Shuri.
5. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
6. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
7. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
8. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
9. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
10. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)