|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Banish him.
2. Who do the villagers claim Shino is having an affair with?
(a) A thief.
(b) A priest.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A onk.
3. What kind of fake flower does O-Kimi have in her apartment?
(a) A lily.
(b) A rose.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A coronation.
4. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He took in an orphan child.
(b) He resuscitated an old man.
(c) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(d) He saved a drowning dog.
5. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(a) His chief lady-in-waiting.
(b) His monkey.
(d) Yoshihide's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
2. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
3. What is Zenchi's chief characteristic?
4. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
5. What musician has O-Kimi confused President Woodrow Wilson for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
2. Describe Shino's life.
3. How does the author describe Tanaka?
4. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
5. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
6. Describe the character of Shuri.
7. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
8. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
9. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
10. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)