|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of test does Buddha say Kandata failed?
(a) A test of compassion.
(b) A test of love.
(c) A test of faith.
(d) A test of strength.
2. Who makes the first testimony in the Bamboo Grove?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) The priest.
(c) The hawk trainer.
(d) The businessman.
3. What religion does Shino convert to?
4. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(b) He resuscitated an old man.
(c) He saved a drowning dog.
(d) He took in an orphan child.
5. What does Yoshihide have have to paint on?
(a) A window.
(b) A screen.
(c) A canvas.
(d) A wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kandata in hell for?
2. What does the doctor say Shino's daughter is suffering from?
3. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
4. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
5. Who does the priest say the man looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
2. What happens to the baby?
3. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
4. Why does Shinsuke struggle to make friends?
5. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
6. Summarize the Spinning Gears story.
7. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
8. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
9. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
10. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)