|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two countries are fighting?
(a) Thailand and Cambodia.
(b) Tibet and Tawain.
(c) Korea and Vietnam.
(d) Japan and China.
2. What are Christians sentenced to in O-Gin?
(a) A work camp.
(b) Burn at the stake.
(c) Buried alive.
(d) Hot coals.
3. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(b) Sesame seeds.
4. What is Kandata in hell for?
(a) Killing and robbing.
(b) GBH and ABH.
(c) Fraud and rape.
(d) Bigamy and blackmail.
5. What did the woodcutter discover in the bamboo grove?
(a) A stolen horse.
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A stolen pig.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of books does O-Kimi enjoy?
2. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
3. What does Shuri use to murder Munernori?
4. What is the young burning inside of?
5. What is seppuku?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Tanaka?
2. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
3. Describe Shino's life.
4. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
5. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
6. Describe the character of Shuri.
7. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
8. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
9. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
10. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)