|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lord ask Yoshihide to paint?
(a) The palace.
(b) The monkey.
2. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
(a) The House Elder.
(b) The Chief Servant.
(c) The Chief Advisor.
(d) The House Secretary.
3. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
(a) A sailor's rope.
(b) Parcel string.
(c) A snake skin.
(d) A spider's thread.
4. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
(a) He destroys the painting.
(b) He moves to China.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He marries.
5. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With a swell of laughter.
(b) With hellish torture.
(c) With religious reverance.
(d) With tears in his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Shino convert to?
2. What does Shino have to break to renounce her religion?
3. What does Shuri use to murder Munernori?
4. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
5. Who is watching the scene from Paradise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
2. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
3. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
4. Describe the character of Shuri.
5. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
6. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
7. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
8. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
9. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
10. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)