|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A koala.
(d) A monkey.
2. What does Yoshihide do after he completes his painting?
(a) He moves to China.
(b) He destroys the painting.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He marries.
3. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His mental illness.
(b) His depression.
(c) His bad back.
(d) His old age.
4. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
(a) Lead Geisha.
(b) Junior massager.
(c) Chief secretary.
(d) Junior lady-in-waiting.
5. What famous knight does O-Kimi compare Tanaka to?
(a) Sir Reginald.
(b) Sir Lancelot.
(c) The Red Barron.
(d) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Rashomon?
2. Where does Nara post his sign?
3. Who does Xiao-er say he wants at his side as he dies?
4. What does the narrator say Yoshihide's painting fill one with?
5. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the green onions affect O-Kimi so much?
2. Describe Shino's life.
3. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
4. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
5. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
6. What problems is the servant having in his life in Rashomon?
7. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
8. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
9. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
10. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)