|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shino make a living doing?
(b) Card making.
2. What religion does Shino convert to?
3. What religion do O-Gin's parents practise?
4. What does the author say is the most frightening tale about the Lord of Harikawa?
(a) The Hell Screen.
(b) The Ring of Fire.
(c) Devil Bats.
(d) The Wrong Ones.
5. What is the name of the man Shino marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Zenchi practice?
2. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
3. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
4. What does the narrator say Yoshihide's painting fill one with?
5. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amuses Yasukichi at the end of the story?
2. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
3. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
4. How does Tsuneko react to seeing her husband's horse legs?
5. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
6. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
7. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
8. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
9. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
10. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)