|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O-Gin tell the police she has abandoned?
(a) Her parents.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The farmer.
2. Who does the Lord decide to burn inside the carriage?
(b) Yoshihide's daughter.
(c) His monkey.
(d) His chief lady-in-waiting.
3. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Knight him.
(d) Hang him.
4. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
5. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
(a) Lord Janus.
(b) Lord Buddha.
(c) Lord of Harikawa
(d) Lord of Tokoyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Yoshihide behind his back?
2. What is seppuku?
3. What knocks Xiao off of his horse?
4. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
5. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
2. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
3. Why do the green onions affect O-Kimi so much?
4. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
5. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
6. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
7. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
8. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
9. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
10. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)