|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What forms over the pond just before the dragon rises?
(a) A layer of slaiva.
(b) A thin cloud.
(d) A layer of fire.
2. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
(a) He once saw a city fire.
(b) His house burned down.
(c) He almost burned to death.
(d) He is in close contact with the devil.
3. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
(a) A piece of string.
(c) Teeth picks.
(d) A monkey wrench.
4. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A disciple.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A priest.
5. Where does Nara post his sign?
(a) Outside the school gates.
(b) Outside theh temple.
(c) Near the police station.
(d) Near Sarusawa Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
2. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
3. What is the name of the painter who created the Hell Screen?
4. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
5. What does Xiao drop when something slams into his neck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
2. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
3. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
4. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
5. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
6. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
7. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
8. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
9. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
10. How does Tajomaru lure the couple into the bamboo grove?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)