|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
2. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With tears in his eyes.
(b) With hellish torture.
(c) With a swell of laughter.
(d) With religious reverance.
3. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
(a) A temple.
(b) A mountain cave.
(c) A library.
(d) A mansion.
4. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
(a) His mental illness.
(b) His bad back.
(c) His old age.
(d) His depression.
5. What kind of test does Buddha say Kandata failed?
(a) A test of strength.
(b) A test of faith.
(c) A test of love.
(d) A test of compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maejima Rin'emon's position in the house?
2. In the Hell Screen, who is the servant a narrator for?
3. What is the name of the garden Buddha is strolling through?
4. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
5. Who is the second testimony from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
2. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
3. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
4. Describe the character of Shuri.
5. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
6. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
7. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
8. What problems is the servant having in his life in Rashomon?
9. Describe Shino's life.
10. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)