|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
(a) A snake skin.
(b) A spider's thread.
(c) Parcel string.
(d) A sailor's rope.
2. How is it claimed Sato was brought back to life?
(a) She was sent back from heaven.
(b) She was prayed back to life.
(c) She fought off the devil.
(d) Jesus breathed her back to life.
3. What happens when Kandata yells at the other climbers?
(a) They throw stones at him.
(b) His tongue falls out.
(c) His hands begin to burn.
(d) He falls back down to hell.
4. Where does Kimura say he met Xiao-er?
(a) In school.
(b) In hospital.
(c) On the battle field.
(d) In China.
5. Who makes the first testimony in the Bamboo Grove?
(a) The woodcutter.
(b) The businessman.
(c) The priest.
(d) The hawk trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Xiao-er say he would live if he had a second chance?
2. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
3. What is the name of O-Kimi's rival waitress?
4. What kind of animal does Yoshihide look and move like?
5. What does Shino make a living doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
2. How does the author describe Tanaka?
3. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
4. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
5. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
6. What problems is the servant having in his life in Rashomon?
7. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
8. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
9. Describe the character of Naigu Zenchi.
10. Why does Lord Buddha say the thread broke?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)