|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the garden Buddha is strolling through?
2. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
(a) The sun.
(b) A volcano.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A thunderstorm.
3. Who is watching the scene from Paradise?
(a) Disciple Rasha.
(b) Lord Buddha.
(c) Priest Yuha.
(d) Angel Gabriel.
4. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
(a) With religious reverance.
(b) With a swell of laughter.
(c) With tears in his eyes.
(d) With hellish torture.
5. What is Yoshihide caught stealing from the Lord?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A tangerine.
(c) A deer.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zenchi feat when his nose reddens and swells?
2. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
3. What had the ghost been haunting that the Lord of Harikawa supposedly exorcised?
4. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
5. Who do the villagers claim Shino is having an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
2. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
3. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
4. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
5. How are Shuri, Usaemon and other members of the Itakura family punished?
6. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
7. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
8. Describe Shino's life.
9. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
10. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)