|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does E'in try to avenge in this story?
(a) The town policeman.
(b) The school children.
(c) The town mayor.
(d) The townspeople of Nara.
2. What member of E'in visits him in this story?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. What is wrong with Shuri?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He has typhoid fever.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is going mad.
4. Who is Yoshihide over-protective of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
5. What is Kanadata drowning in in hell?
(a) The Sea of Flames.
(b) The Lake of Fire.
(c) The Pond of Blood.
(d) The puddle of ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shuri order his men to do to Rin'emon?
2. What did the woodcutter discover in the bamboo grove?
3. Who is the Lord of Harikawa known to survived a battle with?
4. Which two countries are fighting?
5. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
2. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
3. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
4. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
5. Describe Shino's life.
6. What is the diagnosis the doctor gives Shino's daughter?
7. How does the author describe Tanaka?
8. Why does Buddha decide to give Kandata a chance to redeem himself?
9. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
10. What rumors does the narrator say surround the Lord of Harikawa?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)