|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grew in the field behind the house Xiao-er was brought up in?
(a) Sesame seeds.
2. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
3. What did the woodcutter discover in the bamboo grove?
(a) A stolen pig.
(b) A dead chicken.
(c) A stolen horse.
(d) A dead body.
4. What erupts before the dragon rises from the pond?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) The sun.
5. What is O-Kimi's job?
(a) A hostess.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doctor says he he will give Shino's daughter a diagnosis?
2. Where does the narrator say Yoshihide is probably joining his daughter?
3. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
4. Where does Nara post his sign?
5. Why do people think Yoshihide can paint the fires of hell so well?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does O-Gin become a Christian?
2. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
3. How does the author describe Tanaka?
4. What emotion does Xiao-er feel as he rides away dying?
5. How do people react to the word about the dragon?
6. Why does the narrator believe the Lord chose to kill Yoshihide's daughter?
7. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
8. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
9. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
10. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)