|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kandata's one act of goodness?
(a) He refrained from stamping on a spider.
(b) He saved a drowning dog.
(c) He took in an orphan child.
(d) He resuscitated an old man.
2. What is the young burning inside of?
(a) A shack.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A palace.
(d) A cell.
3. What is the name of O-Kimi's rival waitress?
4. What position does the Lord promote Yoshihide's daughter to?
(a) Lead Geisha.
(b) Junior lady-in-waiting.
(c) Junior massager.
(d) Chief secretary.
5. What are Christians sentenced to in O-Gin?
(a) A work camp.
(b) Hot coals.
(c) Buried alive.
(d) Burn at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
2. What is the name of the main character in Horse Legs?
3. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
4. For what reason does Shuri relinquish his title as Head of House?
5. What do people call Yoshihide behind his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Yoshihide.
2. Why does the storyteller think Oshino is so ordinary?
3. Why does the narrator say he feels guilty?
4. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
5. How does Kandata fall back into Hell?
6. What does the narrator remember about his father?
7. How does Zenchi reduce the size of his nose?
8. What does the narrator remember about his eldest sister?
9. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
10. How does Shinsuke deal with what he calls his fake parents?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)