|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of E'in visits him in this story?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
2. Who gives Zenchi the nose-shortening treatment?
(a) A priest.
(b) A disciple.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A warrior.
3. What does the servant think he can do to survive?
(b) Gun deal.
(d) Drug deal.
4. Who does O-Gin tell the police she has abandoned?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) The farmer.
5. What does Zenchi feat when his nose reddens and swells?
(a) His nose is growing back.
(b) He has angered Buddha.
(c) He has caused an infection.
(d) He has caught a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say Yoshihide watches his daughter burn?
2. What does Buddha hang down into hell?
3. What does Zenchi use to pluck out the fat from the nose?
4. What is the name of the garden Buddha is strolling through?
5. What does the old woman pluck hairs from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kimura think Xiao-er went against his vow?
2. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
3. Why does O-Gin decide to renounce her faith?
4. Describe Shino's life.
5. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
6. How does Yoshihide show his over-protective attitude towards his daughter in this story?
7. What does the servant find when he gets in the tower?
8. How did Xiao-er get his head chopped off?
9. How does E'in try to avenge the townspeople?
10. Why does Kanazawa say he killed himself?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)