|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the doctor says he he will give Shino's daughter a diagnosis?
(a) If she renounces her religion.
(b) If she leaves the village.
(c) If she marries him.
(d) If she gives him her daughter.
2. What is O-Kimi's job?
(a) A hostess.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A waitress.
3. What is the Rashomon?
(a) A flag.
(b) A gate.
(c) A palace.
(d) A statue.
4. What religion does Zenchi practice?
5. What are O-Kimi and Tanaka going to watch in the neighboring town?
(a) A play.
(b) A fight.
(c) A film.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the the name of the woman character in Dr. Ogata Ryosai?
2. What does O-Kimi realize she has to take responsibility of?
3. What does Shino have to break to renounce her religion?
4. What does the old woman say she is gathering hair to make?
5. What does the narrator say Yoshihide's painting fill one with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Life of the Stupid Man say about Akutagawa's state of mind?
2. What is the life of the Stupid Man about?
3. How does the Lord kill Yoshihide's daughter?
4. Why is it so difficult for Oshino to hide his legs?
5. How does the Lord agree to help Yoshihide?
6. How does Akutagawa's wife increase his panic?
7. Describe the character of O-Kimi.
8. What does the narrator say he remembers about his mother?
9. Describe the image at the river Shinsuke says affects him deeply.
10. Describe the moment the dragon rises from the pond.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)